Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Notice From Autel About Controllers and Compatibility in the Future

So where all the Smart Controller Videos? I thought that YT would have been flooded but not so. Maybe in the coming weeks as Autel releases a few more.

Reactions: edgardcafe
So where all the Smart Controller Videos? I thought that YT would have been flooded but not so. Maybe in the coming weeks as Autel releases a few more.
Assuming I actually get one, I guess I'll have to dig out my old GoPro to make a video. I moved since I last used it and it's still packed away in a box somewhere. Hopefully the batteries still take a charge.

Could someone measure the viewable area of the display screen please? (Diagonally)
Measured 7” 3/4” diagonally, Not quite 8” inches. It’s a fair size, screen is acually larger but this is actual viewable size.

41F989FB-ADBB-4481-8C95-9C64006531CF.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PingSpike
i mean what can you I or anyone that has one can say about it. things about the smart controller
ive tried to give out the most important things the screen is bright. It works only small issue. like Ive contacted Autel about how to get into Recovery Mode and to release the correct apk files and Google Play store and
Services without it. we are not going to be able to do anything. until then we are stuck with Vanilla software. I know Autel China has installed playstore ive seen video of it

i mean what can you I or anyone that has one can say about it. things about the smart controller
ive tried to give out the most important things the screen is bright. It works only small issue. like Ive contacted Autel about how to get into Recovery Mode and to release the correct apk files and Google Play store and
Services without it. we are not going to be able to do anything. until then we are stuck with Vanilla software. I know Autel China has installed playstore ive seen video of it
Thanks for that, I look forward to their answer. I too have reached out to Autel. I'll pass along what I find out, too.

EDIT> I received an email from Advexure. (Very helpful folks, by the way)

They suggest that holding down the power button for 20 seconds will cause a reset. I've now tried that more than a few times. The unit displays the Autel screen...and shuts off.

Apparently, Google Play Services is needed for many apps...and Autel has not enabled this in the SC. They and several others have requested info from Autel as to when this will occur. They hope it will be covered in a future firmware update. Obviously, no time frame on this.

Last edited:
Using my personal Hotspot from my phone, was able to log onto the SmartController with email and password. Then, am able to open up GPS mapping to view flight switching between camera or mapping.

This is great, at least will have access to mapping or view flight path from history. Or, if Evo 2 goes down will have last location before loosing connection.

I’m sure others know this, just in case you didn’t hopefully this helps. Use hotspot until a usable app is available, I’ll try it out tomorrow.

Good luck everyone

Now, with my hotspot off, Bluetooth off my SmartController retained GPS mapping. I’ll try it out tomorrow on a flight, see if mapping is still there.

Update: Was wrong, need hotspot for GPS mapping to work. Somehow, with hotspot off the screen still retains the last map portion.

Still, happy to have mapping again even if it means an extra step using hotspot until I get a usable mapping app.

Last edited:
Android 7 is end of life and no longer supported with security updates by Google. The Exynos 8895 processor the SC uses, when originally installed in the Samsung Note 8, launched with Android 7 but Android 8 seems to be the endpoint. I'm a little surprised to see it shipped with Android 7 because of the security update issue. (As far as I know the Note 8 is the only device in which this Exynos processor has ever appeared prior to this Smart Controller). Has Autel said that there will be Google Play connectivity? It might be wisest for Autel to have locked it down and not allow sideloading software for an OS that's no longer getting security updates, and being that it's a custom Android 7 build they might have

Android 7 is end of life and no longer supported with security updates by Google. The Exynos 8895 processor the SC uses, when originally installed in the Samsung Note 8, launched with Android 7 but Android 8 seems to be the endpoint. I'm a little surprised to see it shipped with Android 7 because of the security update issue. (As far as I know the Note 8 is the only device in which this Exynos processor has ever appeared prior to this Smart Controller). Has Autel said that there will be Google Play connectivity? It might be wisest for Autel to have locked it down and not allow sideloading software for an OS that's no longer getting security updates, and being that it's a custom Android 7 build they might have
true about all that but how many of us are going to have the SC connected to the Internet. I will not ive already downloaded all the Maps i needed. from there im good. about Autel using The Exynos 8895 they might have gotten a good deal on that SOC. hell its still better then what DJI is using in their smart controller. overall the Autel SC has alot of good tech for the price. its built well doesnt feel cheap

Now, with my hotspot off, Bluetooth off my SmartController retained GPS mapping. I’ll try it out tomorrow on a flight, see if mapping is still there.

Update: Was wrong, need hotspot for GPS mapping to work. Somehow, with hotspot off the screen still retains the last map portion.

Still, happy to have mapping again even if it means an extra step using hotspot until I get a usable mapping app.
Autel has to enable offline mapping which im guessing is coming
also your saved maps should be in cache files so they should be there

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Autel has to enable offline mapping which im guessing is coming
also your saved maps should be in cache files so they should be there
Thank you alsey, appreciate the information. Yes, I’m sure Autel will fix these issues with mapping, etc.

I’ve saved the link you attached, will go over it and try to learn how offline maps works.

I guess until then, for me using hotspot will enable me a mapping source during flight.

Thanks again

I have spoken to both Advexure and Autel. I am awaiting info from the Autel engineers. They fully understand the problem....but no answers as of this minute,

Got my controller today as well. Thing is built SOLID. Very pleased so far with build quality. I also want to commend Advenxure with how they have handled my order along with the entire process. Their communication was always prompt and as thorough as they could make it. A tough situation to be in selling technology at a time like this and with this specific issue at hand with the SC.

It charged from 2 bars to all 4 in about 11 mins. If this truly does what it said it would do, I wont be worried too much about V1 or V2 and I own the $10,000 Dual model. After examining the build quality closely, this is priced accordingly. It looks and feels as polished as any piece of tech ive handled. Just crossing my fingers the software is as good.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm