Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Notice From Autel About Controllers and Compatibility in the Future

... the interchangeability of the chip is technically impossible, as well as asking for the return of the old v1 aircraft, in my opinion it would be better to insist on the promotional supply of the new controller together with a naked v2 aircraft, if from the price of the current aircraft we remove battery, camera and current controller we should remain at an acceptable expense for a disappointed customer. I think we should insist on this solution.

... in my opinion no SC v1 will be delivered, the continuous delays are due to insurmountable technical problems .... who will receive one let us know, I'm afraid all the money will be returned .. waiting for the updated version ... and then, would it be convenient to spend that amount on an object that is already old and outdated?

sounds like a good plan, I'm going to get my upfront payment back too - there is no point waiting any longer, Autel have given me zero confidence in them and I am pretty confident that the mavic 3 will be an impressive drone - my only concern is the extent of geofencing they introduce!
what are you going to do when the m3 launches with zero support for the current dji sc OR they introduce a new sc dubbed sc-o3? will you hold dji to the critique as you hold autel?

Reactions: aebiv and JTech777
I just received an email from Autel.

All accessories except for the Live Deck and SC will be compatible with the Evo 2 V1. There are no major differences except that the V2 will have both 2.4 & 5.8GHZ for video link and flight control transmission. All firmware updates will apply to both versions.

..still awaiting my SC...

sounds like a good plan, I'm going to get my upfront payment back too - there is no point waiting any longer, Autel have given me zero confidence in them and I am pretty confident that the mavic 3 will be an impressive drone - my only concern is the extent of geofencing they introduce!
Get the payment back and then you will be called a HATER. OMG, good for you. Been through this with DJI now Autel, for me it is all tax write off, Skydio is looking better by the day. There all the same way, they shouldn't have said anything until it was ready to go. They did all this hype and we all got sucked in. Let's not kid ourselves. We all know what excuses are like. Guess I am now a hater. hmm.

Reactions: mshmovie
If I understand correctly, the problem is getting the chips used in the V1 is the reason for the change. How would Autel build with both chips?
The v1 chips, which suffer from availability issue, would have to be accommodated on a socketed module. The controller would ship with a socket that could take the chip when became available. This would follow the pattern of swapping the radio module in a Walkera Devo 12S, 10S, 6S with a 4 in 1 module where the software defined radio can then select which radio it needs to use based on the model selected (this is not unique to this radio - I think RadioMaster does it too). If viable, that would yield a controller that's both backwards and forwards compatible.

Of course, this needs to be vetted, but as a technologist, I have to raise this challenge.

Reactions: advexure
im definitely in the mood to buy a v1 smart controller today, enjoy my v1 drone all summer, and then think about how to handle a v2 whenever it comes along. but I'm not really interested in continuing to fly my v1 under current conditions sans sc knowing there is a v2 combination on the horizon one day. I'll keep flying v1 but I'm less inclined to seek a v2 only solution scheduled for next year especially if there are other options on the market (or coming soon) such as m3 or autel3. so autel needs to act now or they can wait for the competition to take the lead.

Stupid question what v1 vs v2 I have a evo 2 pro 6k Will this new smart controller be ok for me.
It's unknown if you can get a Smart Controller that is compatible with your Evo II if you've not preordered (or even if you did preorder) a Smart Controller already; they've not been allocated. I'm about to post a less than satisfying response I got from Autel Robotic's customer service that will explain why I replied this way counter to another reply; the information is either volatile, changing or the quality of info is different by individual posting it. I hope this will become consistent and clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: advexure
Here's a reply I got from Autel Robotic's Customer Service (not happy with it and also unsure that it's final). I've made a couple of key statements red. Please remember that the Smart controller was supposed to work with current and future. product and that seems to have been a dismissed feature based on this reply. That you can secure a V1 Smart Controller is not guaranteed even if you have a preorder. - My summary

Re: 195884 - Smart Controller and chip shortage - re. my preorder - avoiding a likely debacle and loss of market share​

AOh14GhvXI0R9oy8Lajy06y3Mly0zoQ0qDhy4FNcz0xS=s80

Alejandro Ramirez-Velasquez via freshdesk.com​

12:52 PM (1 hour ago)
to me

Hello Marc,

Thank you for reaching out to us at Autel Robotics. I appreciate your patience and understanding throughout the announcement and getting back to you. All accessories besides the Live Deck and v2 Smart Controller will be compatible with your Evo II v1. There is no major difference between the two versions aside from the fact that the Evo II v2 aircraft, controller, and Smart Controller v2 will have both 2.4 and 5.8 GHz for video link and flight control transmission. All firmware updates for the Evo II series apply to both versions of the product, not just v2.

v1 of the Smart Controllers will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis, which means that it will be decided by individual retailers or distributors as to how they choose what pre-order customers receive their controllers first. If you ordered directly through us, this will also be the case. Unfortunately, this cannot be determined until all v1 Smart Controllers have been allocated and distributed to all retailers. While I cannot speak to how other retailers will make their own decisions, I will say that we will contact you via email when your controller has been fulfilled.

As of right now, we have not received that elusive date when we will be shipping v1 Smart Controllers out to customers. Once we have that date, we will be posting it on our website and will also alert all of the applicable retailers so they can make the corresponding announcement as well. If there is anything else that I can address for you, I would be more than happy to do so. In the meantime, I would like to thank you for your continued patronage and support and I hope that I have alleviated some of your concerns. Stay healthy out there and fly safe!

Best,

Alejandro R-V | Customer Service Manager
www.auteldrones.com

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

GPrbz6TPEN_nqjkXAorMg3KscE7Mncz_CoVbHKZ7gHY3Rye1uDIB0ev2gYHw7tKtPxM4ZNUfH99Ac38WUFLanvOYWOyLoYcKxqEvLuS_jBXt6X9hXPsludiasfzr3oAXgHsLu2Qh5580a8tfCTUSpe6OH4sNy8iXbfbH957uwQvlqVcCeSF_LBGvpyM1AxPpuxPsvmpWYsOGc3Vhgg=s0-d-e1-ft

22522 29th Dr SE, STE 101
Bothell, WA 98021

Hello Giuseppe,

Thank you for reaching out to Autel Robotics, I certainly understand your concern. You have invested time, money, and confidence in our company and want to make sure that you are supported as a loyal customer. Yes, the announcement is true.

All accessories besides the Live Deck and v2 Smart Controller will be compatible with your Evo II v1. There is no major difference between the two versions aside from the fact that the Evo II v2 aircraft, controller, and Smart Controller v2 will have both 2.4 and 5.8 GHz for video link and flight control transmission. All firmware updates for the Evo II series apply to both versions of the product, not just v2.

If there is anything else that I can address for you, I would be more than happy to do so. In the meantime, I would like to thank you for your continued patronage and support and I hope that I have alleviated some of your concerns. Stay healthy out there and fly safe!

Best,

www.auteldrones.com

Not really meaning to take a dump on the living room floor here, but mebbe all those posting email responses that you've received should reconsider that. None of you actually got written permission to post those on a public forum, did you?

Just an opinion... YMMV.

Its their own message feel free to share. And anything said on this website is free game - it's a two way street. Live free or die. Aren't you the one who was going to sell the bridge if the Autel CEO wasn't responding - What I thought!

Sir, that rather sarcastic post was not that helpful, but in fact no different than what I posted here... simply that accepting a new poster with a username AutelCEO, as automatically being Randall Wardas is not supported by any evidence at all. After all only the single post has been made.

As far as the issue I brought up regarding email posting, of course anyone can post any email they choose to. I never suggested otherwise. But it does bring up some liability exposure to the forum, when it is posted here.

If there are any other issues you have with me, why don't you start a conversation?

Not really meaning to take a dump on the living room floor here, but mebbe all those posting email responses that you've received should reconsider that. None of you actually got written permission to post those on a public forum, did you?

Just an opinion... YMMV.
Thanks for expressing, it's thoughtful.

If it's in my inbox, it's my property; I ran development for half of AOL's product line, so I'll share that my experience influences my opinion.

I also represented that this was being discussed in this very thread with the link/URI; Autel Robotics was very aware of the potential for publication and fallout.

Thanks for expressing, it's thoughtful.

If it's in my inbox, it's my property; I ran development for half of AOL's product line, so I'll share that my experience influences my opinion.

I also represented that this was being discussed in this very thread with the link/URI; Autel Robotics was very aware of the potential for publication and fallout.
Thank you and Amen

Here's a reply I got from Autel Robotic's Customer Service (not happy with it and also unsure that it's final). I've made a couple of key statements red. Please remember that the Smart controller was supposed to work with current and future. product and that seems to have been a dismissed feature based on this reply. That you can secure a V1 Smart Controller is not guaranteed even if you have a preorder. - My summary

Re: 195884 - Smart Controller and chip shortage - re. my preorder - avoiding a likely debacle and loss of market share​

AOh14GhvXI0R9oy8Lajy06y3Mly0zoQ0qDhy4FNcz0xS=s80

Alejandro Ramirez-Velasquez via freshdesk.com​

12:52 PM (1 hour ago)
to me

Hello Marc,

Thank you for reaching out to us at Autel Robotics. I appreciate your patience and understanding throughout the announcement and getting back to you. All accessories besides the Live Deck and v2 Smart Controller will be compatible with your Evo II v1. There is no major difference between the two versions aside from the fact that the Evo II v2 aircraft, controller, and Smart Controller v2 will have both 2.4 and 5.8 GHz for video link and flight control transmission. All firmware updates for the Evo II series apply to both versions of the product, not just v2.

v1 of the Smart Controllers will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis, which means that it will be decided by individual retailers or distributors as to how they choose what pre-order customers receive their controllers first. If you ordered directly through us, this will also be the case. Unfortunately, this cannot be determined until all v1 Smart Controllers have been allocated and distributed to all retailers. While I cannot speak to how other retailers will make their own decisions, I will say that we will contact you via email when your controller has been fulfilled.

As of right now, we have not received that elusive date when we will be shipping v1 Smart Controllers out to customers. Once we have that date, we will be posting it on our website and will also alert all of the applicable retailers so they can make the corresponding announcement as well. If there is anything else that I can address for you, I would be more than happy to do so. In the meantime, I would like to thank you for your continued patronage and support and I hope that I have alleviated some of your concerns. Stay healthy out there and fly safe!

Best,

www.auteldrones.com

GPrbz6TPEN_nqjkXAorMg3KscE7Mncz_CoVbHKZ7gHY3Rye1uDIB0ev2gYHw7tKtPxM4ZNUfH99Ac38WUFLanvOYWOyLoYcKxqEvLuS_jBXt6X9hXPsludiasfzr3oAXgHsLu2Qh5580a8tfCTUSpe6OH4sNy8iXbfbH957uwQvlqVcCeSF_LBGvpyM1AxPpuxPsvmpWYsOGc3Vhgg=s0-d-e1-ft

22522 29th Dr SE, STE 101
Bothell, WA 98021
Got the same exact reply copy and paste lol

Got the same exact reply copy and paste lol
I'm sure they're playing whack-a-mole in customer service with our emails. They need a more thoughtful mallet as this one violates the presale and marketing promise of a Smart Controller that supports the Evo II we have and products to come. I left a voice mail to follow up this formulaic disappointment of an email requesting a call back.

I'm sure they're playing whack-a-mole is customer service with our emails. They need a more thoughtful mallet as this one violates the presale and marketing promise of a Smart Controller that supports the Evo II we have and products to come. I left a voice mail to follow up this formulaic disappointment of an email requesting a call back.
Curious how that will go I did reply and suggest at least some sort or “instant”rebate since the promise of future compatibility has been broken and damn just ship it already whatever they have available once people get them maybe they furor will die down. Doubt it but we can hope

Reactions: mshmovie

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall@DRONE