Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Not A Simple Hobby

mark.stolz

Reaction score
What I thought would be a simple "I'll fly a drone" hobby has been ever evolving. Studying for my part 107 and reading books on photography and all that entails. I enjoy the learning but sure never saw it coming. 😂

.trashed-1700408148-IMG_20231020_075606930_HDR.jpg

What I thought would be a simple "I'll fly a drone" hobby has been ever evolving. Studying for my part 107 and reading books on photography and all that entails. I enjoy the learning but sure never saw it coming. 😂

View attachment 16626
I started learning way back in November 2022 with My Evo Pro II PRO RTK. I had just passed my 65th birthday and had my eye on this for about 6 months. I'm a professional land surveyor and have enjoyed learning new hardware/software all my professional career (+40 years). Learning the flying and post processing imagery in Agisoft Metashape for planimetric and topographic mapping was easy compared to trying to pass the FAA part 107 certification. I didn't pass the test this past summer, but I'll have to try again. I guess I've had too much fun flying and mapping. I'll try to focus more on the technical aspects of the licensing than the practical use of my EVO bird !

Reactions: mark.stolz

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34