Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Not a good day for Autel, lost court case could mean more problems for them

I hope this is not the case, but if Autel goes out of business, will their drones go up in price as they become extinct? Kinda like the Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 went up 35% when DJI declared the P4Ps as discontinued.

I hope this is not the case, but if Autel goes out of business, will their drones go up in price as they become extinct? Kinda like the Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 went up 35% when DJI declared the P4Ps as discontinued.

Oh I do not think Autel will go out of business because of this but I also think DJI is the type of company that will kick Autel when they are down. So I suspect more legal things will come from this, kind of like it just opened the door for DJI to go in for the kill :)

Oh I do not think Autel will go out of business because of this but I also think DJI is the type of company that will kick Autel when they are down. So I suspect more legal things will come from this, kind of like it just opened the door for DJI to go in for the kill :)
If Autel loses the law suit, the compensation to DJI can be enough to sink the ship. or at least cripple it enough, to prevent further R&D and then DJI will go for the kill.

Winning is one thing, Paying is another ;) Ever heard of the $1 million dollar Polish Lottery. $1 a year for a Million Years.

Todd

All they did was dismiss a motion that would have allowed more discovery, and a deeper look at DJI's books. Far from over. Every other aspect of the case will proceed forward. This was almost a frivolous filing considering the strength of their argument on the copywrite infringement.

All I want is for my investment to grow in value. ?
All they did was dismiss a motion that would have allowed more discovery, and a deeper look at DJI's books. Far from over. Every other aspect of the case will proceed forward. This was almost a frivolous filing considering the strength of their argument on the copywrite infringement.

Reactions: UnRanged
Like a few have said already, not lost, Dismissed. No winner ,no loser so the fight can go on if thats what they want.Of course I hope they all prosper and expand their offerings and continue to develop even more capable and reliable aircraft for us.

Just one more thing to make me hate dji, like I needed another.

I doubt Autel's going anywhere either, but if they ever do, I hope they put out one last FW update unlocking everything, turning on the 900 MHz radios, and turning off altitude limiting!

Just one more thing to make me hate dji, like I needed another.

I doubt Autel's going anywhere either, but if they ever do, I hope they put out one last FW update unlocking everything, turning on the 900 MHz radios, and turning off altitude limiting!
Altitude limiting? I have never been limited. I haven't flown at 2,625' yet though. I understand that some of you do climb a mountain with your Evo and this may limit you, but I like my drones closer to home.

Altitude limiting? I have never been limited. I haven't flown at 2,625' yet though. I understand that some of you do climb a mountain with your Evo and this may limit you, but I like my drones closer to home.
It all goes back to my philosophy of- I bought it, I should be able to own it with all of its abilities, not with some locked down by the manufacturer. That's my issue with dji. They see their drones as still their property that they can limit how they want, when they want.

Will i ever fly to its limit? No, I never fly over 400', but I still don't want it limited.

Reactions: Ansia
They have been sued by much bigger companies then dji, but if they lose then dont take any firmware updates. There was a big thing that happened with one of their tools where they allegedly released an update that removed an important catalog.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d