Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NO VR IOS

bkushner

Reaction score
After spending $1300 to get the EVO and batteries I find out there is NO VR for IOS devices...I must have goggles, only way I can fly...guess I'm forced to stay with DJI and Litchi. Wondering how I missed this in my research of the drone. Don't recall seeing it mentioned anywhere that this isn't available in IOS.

After spending $1300 to get the EVO and batteries I find out there is NO VR for IOS devices...I must have goggles, only way I can fly...guess I'm forced to stay with DJI and Litchi. Wondering how I missed this in my research of the drone. Don't recall seeing it mentioned anywhere that this isn't available in IOS.
This is what you need to do.. get these box goggles and place your phone where the screen is supposed to go. Mine is arriving tomorrow.
This way you do not need to be in VR mode, Trust me, its not that good, the gimbal moves when you move your head just a little and you CANNOT turn off that option yet.

This is what you need to do.. get these box goggles and place your phone where the screen is supposed to go. Mine is arriving tomorrow.
This way you do not need to be in VR mode, Trust me, its not that good, the gimbal moves when you move your head just a little and you CANNOT turn off that option yet.
You need VR mode to use those goggles. Works great on my DJI birds with Litchi.

You need VR mode to use those goggles. Works great on my DJI birds with Litchi.
No if you place your phone where the screen goes and just use standard view. These are BOX goggles. I will let you know how they are when I get them. Have a great day. You do need a phone with similar dimensions as a Samsung Galaxy s5. You can always get a used older Samsung galaxy and use VR on that.

No if you place your phone where the screen goes and just use standard view. These are BOX goggles. I will let you know how they are when I get them. Have a great day. You do need a phone with similar dimensions as a Samsung Galaxy s5. You can always get a used older Samsung galaxy and use VR on that.
I think you'll find it won't work.

How do you deal with the upside down image?
There is no problem with the image being upside down, the phone was just like that at that moment. The setup works great. Must have flipped when I was rotating the headset to take the picture.

These goggles are extremely expensive, specially if you compare them with the $5 ones you can use with Litchi or the VR feature in the Android Explorer app. It makes no sense to spend $179 to look at your phone. I know it's of no help to the OP but I opted to get a Nvidia Shield because of the HDMI output, since the EVO remote doesn't have one, and a Yuneec Skyview goggles which now can be gotten for $50. Yes you are right the goggles and tablet add up to more that the cost of the Vipers, but they allow for the control surface to be at your service in front of you always. I really have a problem when you need your control surface on hand, that you have to take the phone out of the goggles which ig you are using the phones gyros to control the craft, could create an uncomfortable situation. The Yuneec goggles have just one screen eliminating the need to adjust the width of lenses and allow for use of reading glasses to view the screen in perfect focus. Even the DJI goggles as good as they are never allowed me to see focus properly, the Yuneec do, For some of us that focus is of the essence, maybe not in the EVO, but I also fly an Inspire 1, where I need to see focus.

These goggles are extremely expensive, specially if you compare them with the $5 ones you can use with Litchi or the VR feature in the Android Explorer app. It makes no sense to spend $179 to look at your phone. I know it's of no help to the OP but I opted to get a Nvidia Shield because of the HDMI output, since the EVO remote doesn't have one, and a Yuneec Skyview goggles which now can be gotten for $50. Yes you are right the goggles and tablet add up to more that the cost of the Vipers, but they allow for the control surface to be at your service in front of you always. I really have a problem when you need your control surface on hand, that you have to take the phone out of the goggles which ig you are using the phones gyros to control the craft, could create an uncomfortable situation. The Yuneec goggles have just one screen eliminating the need to adjust the width of lenses and allow for use of reading glasses to view the screen in perfect focus. Even the DJI goggles as good as they are never allowed me to see focus properly, the Yuneec do, For some of us that focus is of the essence, maybe not in the EVO, but I also fly an Inspire 1, where I need to see focus.
Its hard to record video in VR the gimbal moves to your head movements and you cannot turn that option off yet in VR. My way you can still adjust all of your settings from the controller roller button. You do not have to adjust with each eye position since VR displays two seperate images, one for each eye and I do not have $$$ to buy a way overpriced discontinued tablet or goggles. Plus the goggles come with its own diversity receiver screen so you can use them with custom drones that have 5ghz video feed. I was also planning on getting the Mobula 7hd which would work with the diversity screen. Have a great day! I forgot to mention that you could use these goggles with the screen that it comes with since it has a HDMI in connection. The screens resolution is like 800x480. Its like if you would be sitting in a movie theater, no strain on the eyes.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials