Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO Lite +

PakNheat380

Reaction score
After watching reviews on YouTube and reading everything I could find regarding the Autel EVO Lite + I decided to purchase one with the premium bundle from Costco for $999.99. The cost was just about half of the original sales price. After unboxing and initial familiarization flights I am quite disappointed with the Autel Sky app and the functions available. Tracking is unpredictable and will only track a person. It will not track a vehicle or boat and loses a lock on the person constantly. There is no waypoint capability and Autel will not release an SDK to allow other apps such as Litchi to interface with the drone. Supposedly it is capable of RID if Autel Robotics puts out updated firmware but they have to this point refused to say if or when they would provide that update. The camera and its capabilities are excellent. However, as a recreational flyer, the photo function is secondary to the flight functions. If I had done a little more research into Autel Robotics I probably would never have pulled the trigger on this purchase. Now it’s a wait and see what engineering improvements come down the line. Not holding my breath based on all the negative posts about Autel’s customer support.

• Angry
Reactions: Avi26
After watching reviews on YouTube and reading everything I could find regarding the Autel EVO Lite + I decided to purchase one with the premium bundle from Costco for $999.99. The cost was just about half of the original sales price. After unboxing and initial familiarization flights I am quite disappointed with the Autel Sky app and the functions available. Tracking is unpredictable and will only track a person. It will not track a vehicle or boat and loses a lock on the person constantly. There is no waypoint capability and Autel will not release an SDK to allow other apps such as Litchi to interface with the drone. Supposedly it is capable of RID if Autel Robotics puts out updated firmware but they have to this point refused to say if or when they would provide that update. The camera and its capabilities are excellent. However, as a recreational flyer, the photo function is secondary to the flight functions. If I had done a little more research into Autel Robotics I probably would never have pulled the trigger on this purchase. Now it’s a wait and see what engineering improvements come down the line. Not holding my breath based on all the negative posts about Autel’s customer support.

If you're disappointed now is the time to return it for a refund. If the Autel Sky app is an issue, I doubt that changing anytime soon it is also doubtful that an SDK will ever be released for the Lite/+. Autel, like DJI, is focusing on the Professional/Enterprise models for waypoints.

Also, it is doubtful that anyone from Autel will ever see your post.

I own the Evo Lite + myself, which has become my go-to drone. If I need to add a module for RID then I will do that. It would be nice to see it happen through a firmware update, but not sure if that is possible.

But with that said, rather than play a wait-and-see game, I'd suggest returning it or accepting it for what it is: a great drone with a great camera.

Autel is focusing on commercial and enterprise while saying they are not... its pretty clear *** all recent moves have been for industrial applications.

example; They took away 10-bit video on the Evo2V3 in favor of a camera that can see better at night

I think they are addressing the RID question,.. no?

1678484393968.png

Reactions: GFields
If you're disappointed now is the time to return it for a refund. If the Autel Sky app is an issue, I doubt that changing anytime soon it is also doubtful that an SDK will ever be released for the Lite/+. Autel, like DJI, is focusing on the Professional/Enterprise models for waypoints.

Also, it is doubtful that anyone from Autel will ever see your post.

I own the Evo Lite + myself, which has become my go-to drone. If I need to add a module for RID then I will do that. It would be nice to see it happen through a firmware update, but not sure if that is possible.

But with that said, rather than play a wait-and-see game, I'd suggest returning it or accepting it for what it is: a great drone with a great camera.
The drone is a fantastic platform with a great camera that needs a comparable app which it doesn’t have. There is a YouTube video testing the tracking capabilities and the drone goes wacko side to side and crashes from a low level hover. I have time to test it further before I make a decision on whether to return it. I’m glad your experience has been positive.

Reactions: mark.stolz
The drone is a fantastic platform with a great camera that needs a comparable app which it doesn’t have. There is a YouTube video testing the tracking capabilities and the drone goes wacko side to side and crashes from a low level hover. I have time to test it further before I make a decision on whether to return it. I’m glad your experience has been positive.
Not sure I understand what you mean by "platform". Nonetheless, every drone that I own (5 total) some are Autel, some are DJI and Skydio. Each one has its strengths and weaknesses (crone capabilities/software). My advice to you is pretty simple. If you're unhappy with it, Now is the time to return it for a refund. Waiting for a better app could cause you to lose that opportunity.

Reactions: Eagle928
Autel is focusing on commercial and enterprise while saying they are not... its pretty clear *** all recent moves have been for industrial applications.

example; They took away 10-bit video on the Evo2V3 in favor of a camera that can see better at night

I think they are addressing the RID question,.. no?

View attachment 15801
It appears you are right. I have been reading a number of blogs relating to Autel customer support for their recreational drones. Lots of complaints that there is no response from the company.

Ran across this item yesterday. Makes a person a little nervous on how long they will support their recreational drones period.

Some important news for longtime Autel Robotics customers. The drone maker has announced the end of service and support timeline for its popular EVO II drone series.Nov 23, 2022

Autel to stop supporting some EVO II drones from May 2023​

Not sure I understand what you mean by "platform". Nonetheless, every drone that I own (5 total) some are Autel, some are DJI and Skydio. Each one has its strengths and weaknesses (crone capabilities/software). My advice to you is pretty simple. If you're unhappy with it, Now is the time to return it for a refund. Waiting for a better app could cause you to lose that opportunity.
UAV platform is the actual hardware components that make up the drone. The firmware is what makes it work. For me that is what is lacking. I’ll tinker with it for a while but will probably follow your advice and return it.

The RID update is out now.
You will not need a module as the Lite Plus is capable.
Personally I love the Lite Plus but don't use the functions you want, it's a great flyer and camera.

Yes, I see the latest Sky app update included the RID. It should not apply to the Nano's but the rest of the drones that run on the Sky app should be compliant when RID becomes mandatory.

Nailed it.

Further development is not going to happen. It,s time to keep and enjoy or send it back

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials