Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New to commercial drone piloting - looking for advice

Owenpga

Reaction score
As a new drone pilot in the baltimore area, i have some opportunities coming my way. very exciting......

My main concern is the insurance part of it. I'd like to hear what pilots are doing in this area.
I have an app called Verifly which seems to be a legit company. They charge a per fly rate. which almost seems to good to be true? Any thoughts on that app would be great along with any other types of coverage you are using.

Also what kind of wind conditions will you guys fly in. I've flow for fun in high winds but haven't stayed up long because the video footage gets pretty crappy. I have about 25hrs flying but now that is for PAY, don't want to be stupid about the conditions i will fly in.

look forward to your feedback.

I use Verify for all commercial flights, great service indeed. That is in addition to general liability insurance for the business.

For real estate, typical neighborhood with power lines and trees etc, I generally call it at about 10mph. People say the x-star is rock solid in high winds but mine moves around quite a bit above 10mph, enough to make make me nervous unless I'm in a wide open area. How about you?

Reactions: TAMU1996
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the AutelXPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Autel quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58