Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Titan "Switch" Antenna on the way

sprtbkrydr

Reaction score
Just got my controller shipped off to have the new Titan Switch antenna installed into it. Can't wait to see how this works out on the Evo.

[QUOTE = "sprtbkrydr, post : 25414, member : 1955"] 내 타이타늄 스위치 안테나를 설치하기 위해 내 컨트롤러를 출하했습니다. 이것이 Evo에서 어떻게 작동하는지보기를 기다릴 수 없습니다. [/ QUOTE]

Attachments

• 20181005_194454.jpg
    20181005_194454.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
  • 20181005_194445.jpg
    20181005_194445.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
  • 20181005_194459.jpg
    20181005_194459.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
Reactions: sprtbkrydr
[QUOTE = "sprtbkrydr, post : 25414, member : 1955"] 내 타이타늄 스위치 안테나를 설치하기 위해 내 컨트롤러를 출하했습니다. 이것이 Evo에서 어떻게 작동하는지보기를 기다릴 수 없습니다. [/ QUOTE]
Whats the reason for using 4 amplifdiers?

[인용 = "sprtbkrydr, 게시물 : 25417, 회원 : 1955"] 왜 4 amplifdiers를 사용하는 이유는? [/ 견적]
이중 증폭 시스템 안정된 신호 확보

[인용 = "sprtbkrydr, 게시물 : 25417, 회원 : 1955"] 왜 4 amplifdiers를 사용하는 이유는? [/ 견적]
이중 증폭 시스템 안정된 신호 확보
So I assume that you're running one amplifier straight into the second one? Is that correct?

Just got my controller shipped off to have the new Titan Switch antenna installed into it. Can't wait to see how this works out on the Evo.

Looking forward to reading about your results. I almost got one myself but held off.

What kind of city or town do you live in? Would you be able to do a comparison before and after inside a city environment with lots of home & business Wifi + small to medium-sized buildings?

I live out in a rural area but I can always find a bad spot somewhere and try it out.

I contacted an individual who could install my antenna extension but I must pay $700.00. Don't know if its worth it. What say u ?

I contacted an individual who could install my antenna extension but I must pay $700.00. Don't know if its worth it. What say u ?

I don't know where you're located but I'm in the U.S.A. and I paid $480 for both the Switch antenna and to have my controller modded.

Cool, I have one on my Inspire and honestly though I've had a short time with it, I liked the result with the included whip antennas and haven't had time to try the directional circular polarized yet, my results have been mixed, had a longer than one mile flight, but not without disconnects and lightly frightening moments, unfortunately I had less than full battery so I couldn't push as far as I wanted, In my area the EVO in the same direction as the Inspire test gave me just short of a mile and started RTH, I cancelled and tried to push on but I lost connection all together and EVO returned. Second time it does that to me in two different locations both over large bodies of water though a very urban area. One of the videos I posted here. I am very curious as all I have to do is modify the R/C and I can share the system with the Inspire. Where did you get the mod, I understand Titan won't do the EVO R/C, how much was the mod? if you don't mind me asking.

Cool, I have one on my Inspire and honestly though I've had a short time with it, I liked the result with the included whip antennas and haven't had time to try the directional circular polarized yet, my results have been mixed, had a longer than one mile flight, but not without disconnects and lightly frightening moments, unfortunately I had less than full battery so I couldn't push as far as I wanted, In my area the EVO in the same direction as the Inspire test gave me just short of a mile and started RTH, I cancelled and tried to push on but I lost connection all together and EVO returned. Second time it does that to me in two different locations both over large bodies of water though a very urban area. One of the videos I posted here. I am very curious as all I have to do is modify the R/C and I can share the system with the Inspire. Where did you get the mod, I understand Titan won't do the EVO R/C, how much was the mod? if you don't mind me asking.

I got the antenna kit from Lucas

I got the antenna kit from Lucas Merriman at CovertDrones.com
He sold me the complete kit with installation into my controller for $480 shipped to my door.

He sold me the complete kit with installation into my controller for $480 shipped to my door.
Call Lucas at 612-816-0039, good guy with experience and knowledge

Guess he gave you a break on the installation cuz you got the whole kit from him. He charges $170 for the installation alone. Pretty steep, Titan got $100 from me for the Inspire mod. $449 total. For one reason or another Titan doesn't touch the EVO, they suggested Lucas also, he did good by you.

Guess he gave you a break on the installation cuz you got the whole kit from him. He charges $170 for the installation alone. Pretty steep, Titan got $100 from me for the Inspire mod. $449 total. For one reason or another Titan doesn't touch the EVO, they suggested Lucas also, he did good by you.

Guess I'll find out next week how good the guy is or not. I'll post my experience here.

Reactions: mixchief
YES, I'D LOVE TO FIND OUT YOUR RESULTS. WHAT KIND OF DISTANCE WERE YOU GETTING STOCK? DID ANY DISTANCE RUNS?
Well since I just got the Evo I have not done any distance runs with it yet. I'll keep you posted as to how it works out.

You ordered a Titan without seeing what it can do on it's own? hmmmm

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmccaskill