Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NEW RELEASE: Autel Smart Controller for EVO II

I too was wondering that. Perhaps something to do with manufacturing, programming, etc?

I too was wondering that. Perhaps something to do with manufacturing, programming, etc?
The Autel Smart Controller was originally advertised as being expandable up to a TB of onboard storage through the microSD card slot, which they apparently later decided not to make externally accessible!

The Autel Smart Controller was originally advertised as being expandable up to a TB of onboard storage through the microSD card slot, which they apparently later decided not to make externally accessible!
Yep, I'm aware of that...and if you look at the Quick Start Guide, you'll see they refer to a "take off/landing" button...and other inaccuracies.

I'm not here to defend Autel, but I can only assume there's a reason it's not readily accessible.

Yep, I'm aware of that...and if you look at the Quick Start Guide, you'll see they refer to a "take off/landing" button...and other inaccuracies.

I'm not here to defend Autel, but I can only assume there's a reason it's not readily accessible.
Indeed. Without external access to the card reader, it also makes it impossible to play back recorded microSD card footage from the drone on the tablet, which was another highly touted feature. I'm sure they have their reasons, but it just further limits the usefulness of this now discontinued device, which has no path forward, and can only be used with an EVO 2 V1, and does not even improve the terrible range and video instability of the EVO 2 stock controller for me, let alone increase the range and video stability to the advertised 8 miles in heavily urban areas with wifi congestion!

Indeed. Without external access to the card reader, it also makes it impossible to play back recorded microSD card footage from the drone on the tablet, which was another highly touted feature. I'm sure they have their reasons, but it just further limits the usefulness of this now discontinued device, which has no path forward, and can only be used with an EVO 2 V1, and does not even improve the terrible range and video instability of the EVO 2 stock controller for me, let alone increase the range and video stability to the advertised 8 miles in heavily urban areas with wifi congestion!
It more than obvious that you don't like the S/C. To each their own. I happen to think it's a huge upgrade from having a phone with cables, brackets, etc to deal with.

That being said, you CAN play back the aircraft's footage on the S/C. I did it last night from the A/C SD card,,,

Reactions: Anzacjack
It more than obvious that you don't like the S/C. To each their own. I happen to think it's a huge upgrade from having a phone with cables, brackets, etc to deal with.

That being said, you CAN play back the aircraft's footage on the S/C. I did it last night from the A/C SD card,,,
You mean like this:

No...meaning you can see the contents of the A/C memory card and internal memory and play it back on the S/C screen...
OK, you've got me. What's an A/C memory card? The microSD card in the drone? How do you play it back on the controller screen? How do I access internal memory recordings? I've been trying. Sorry to sound so stupid.

• Wow
Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
In the Explorer app, just above the "record" or "shutter" button...there's a button that gives access to the media on your aircraft (A/C)....

Attachments

• IMG_9157.JPG
    IMG_9157.JPG
    666.1 KB · Views: 10
In the Explorer app, just above the "record" or "shutter" button...there's a button that gives access to the media on your aircraft (A/C)....
Thanks. That was way too easy :rolleyes:. I'm still learning.
Does it record by default to the microSD card if installed, or is there a way to say where to save the video files?

Reactions: advexure
Thanks. That was way too easy :rolleyes:. I'm still learning.
Does it record by default to the microSD card if installed, or is there a way to say where to save the video files?
Yes...in the settings you can select either the microSD or the on board storage...

I’m sorry to hear your SC V1 isn’t getting the range it’s suppose too, hope it’s something you may have overlooked or a minor issue.

Check to make sure it’s on 2.4, not 900GHz as 900GHz appears in my area not suited for range flying.

Under favorable conditions, SC V1 should do 3 miles at 58” feet elevation, even lower if area is free of noise and obstacles.

Let me add additional information, maybe some S.C. V1 users are experiencing this. I’ve noticed, Sometimes SC V1 will only show 2.4 as the band selected, and doesn’t show an option to select 900GHz or Auto. Just 2.4, now if I connect the S.C. V1 to my cell phones hotspot then the SC gives me the option of selecting either of the three (Auto/2.4/900Ghz). Just wanted to share this if others are not seeing the option of selecting another band.

Keep us posted, if you start seeing an improvement on range.

I’m sorry to hear your SC V1 isn’t getting the range it’s suppose too, hope it’s something you may have overlooked or a minor issue.

Check to make sure it’s on 2.4, not 900GHz as 900GHz appears in my area not suited for range flying.

Under favorable conditions, SC V1 should do 3 miles at 58” feet elevation, even lower if area is free of noise and obstacles.

Let me add additional information, maybe some S.C. V1 users are experiencing this. I’ve noticed, Sometimes SC V1 will only show 2.4 as the band selected, and doesn’t show an option to select 900GHz or Auto. Just 2.4, now if I connect the S.C. V1 to my cell phones hotspot then the SC gives me the option of selecting either of the three (Auto/2.4/900Ghz). Just wanted to share this if others are not seeing the option of selecting another band.

Keep us posted, if you start seeing an improvement on range.
Thanks for your suggestions. Everything was fully updated, with no more updates available for System, Explorer, and aircraft FW which were all installed successfully. Having dealt with the dual band P4P which had terrible range on 2.4, but over 4 miles on auto 5.8, I found and experimented with the various settings on the SC for 2.4, Auto, and 900, and found no difference between Auto and 2.4, but 900 was even less, like your experience. Had I even gotten 3-4 miles out of the SC, I would have been quite happy. Sadly, even experimenting with tried and true external amped panel antennas optimized for 2.4 range and a 2.4 setting also did not show any improvement, when used to replace the rabbit ear antennas. My 10 day SC evaluation expired today, and the SC is going back. I'll modify the stock EVO 2 RC instead. At least those mods have had great success with improving the range at 20% of the cost of the SC!

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
No...meaning you can see the contents of the A/C memory card and internal memory and play it back on the S/C screen...
In order to play back the A/C memory card, you have to still be connected to the aircraft using the aircraft battery, correct? Is there any way to remove the A/C memory card and play back the recordings on the SC without being connected to the A/C, as there would have been with an external memory card slot on the SC? Will the device in post #248 work through the USB C charging port?

In order to play back the A/C memory card, you have to still be connected to the aircraft using the aircraft battery, correct? Is there any way to remove the A/C memory card and play back the recordings on the SC without being connected to the A/C, as there would have been with an external memory card slot on the SC? Will the device in post #248 work through the USB C charging port?
yes you must be connected to the aircraft in order to inspect the media stored in the aircraft memory or on the microsd card using the controller.

Reactions: G_G
yes you must be connected to the aircraft in order to inspect the media stored in the aircraft memory or on the microsd card using the controller.
Thanks for clarifying. To be clear, however, as I understand it, the USB C port on the back is strictly for charging and cannot be used for a USB C card reader. Is that your understanding, too?

Thanks for clarifying. To be clear, however, as I understand it, the USB C port on the back is strictly for charging and cannot be used for a USB C card reader. Is that your understanding, too?
I've used the USB A slot on the rear of the Smart Controller to transfer files from my PC to the Smart Controller- works great - so I'm assuming the USB C port (right next to the USB A slot I used) would work as well.

I've used the USB A slot on the rear of the Smart Controller to transfer files from my PC to the Smart Controller- works great - so I'm assuming the USB C port (right next to the USB A slot I used) would work as well.
The USB C port is the port specifically used for charging, so I doubt it can also be used for data, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials