Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NEW RELEASE: Autel Smart Controller for EVO II

After first flight I’m very impressed
Range is equiv to standard controller with Alientech booster in our CE area.
I see that I don’t have any option other than 2.4 and only thing I can select is smooth or high definition
On first flight I was concerned as the signal strength bars remained full even after loosing video feed. Further flights were all ok though so this may have just been a glitch
Will try again with other antennas later today to see if any improvement, but I’m very happy with what I have so this will be for testing only

now built the live deck into my ground station for a complete standalone unit for observers and using my tripltek to hotspot my internet connection and for all of my other apps keeping the smart controller as lean as possible

D914CAEF-E1E1-4DED-9F44-13389FBE8284.jpeg

F27ABEEA-67FC-4F3E-A9AB-3D2AA067D2AD.jpeg

Thanks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Pro is either 2.4 or 5.8 (but not both). Regardless, I'm happy to hear the SC seems to be on par with it from what you've seen so far!

I see that I don’t have any option other than 2.4 and only thing I can select is smooth or high definition
On first flight I was concerned as the signal strength bars remained full even after loosing video feed. Further flights were all ok though so this may have just been a glitch
Will try again with other antennas later today to see if any improvement, but I’m very happy with what I have so this will be for testing only

now built the live deck into my ground station for a complete standalone unit for observers and using my tripltek to hotspot my internet connection and for all of my other apps keeping the smart controller as lean as possible

View attachment 10885

View attachment 10886
Congratulations! Now that is one sweet setup!

Keep monitoring the Image Transmission feature, sometimes it’ll only show 2.4mhz as the only band option. Then, It’s there both bands 2.4MHz & 900mhz to select from. Now, I just leave it in Auto and let the Smartcontroller select the strongest band during flight. Since selecting Auto, it s always started in Auto on every startup.

Stock SmartController transmission signal is strong, it’s no wimp. Try it with no AlienTech booster attached, I think you’ll probably see the same results as I did. Didn’t really need the AlienTech booster attached, stock SC is plenty.

I really like your big screen setup, I may just do that.

Congrats again!
Paul

Last edited:
I haven’t used the boosters yet. Was comparing it to stock controller with boosters
As I said, very happy

Reactions: lukappaseidue
Thanks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Pro is either 2.4 or 5.8 (but not both). Regardless, I'm happy to hear the SC seems to be on par with it from what you've seen so far!
Yes your right. Not sure why I thought this was duo but it must be the 2.4. I’ll have a look when I get home

Congratulations! Now that is one sweet setup!

Keep monitoring the Image Transmission feature, sometimes it’ll only show 2.4mhz as the only band option. Then, It’s there both bands 2.4MHz & 900mhz to select from. Now, I just leave it in Auto and let the Smartcontroller select the strongest band during flight. Since selecting Auto, it s always started in Auto on every startup.
I dont even seem to have the option of selecting auto. Its just 2.4. Ill play some more tomorrow but guess this is geo locked

I dont even seem to have the option of selecting auto. Its just 2.4. Ill play some more tomorrow but guess this is geo locked
At the beginning, occasionally mine would only show 2.4mhz when earlier it showed 2.4/900/Auto options. So I started looking for ways to get the 900mhz and Auto options back.

Disconnect and restart Evo 2 and SC, turned on Bluetooth connecting to internet. Checked updates, sometimes it’ll show I needed to finish updating. I’m not sure what I did but Eventually, 2.4MHz/900mhz/Auto options came back. Then, decided to select Auto as my permanent option and I think only once it reverted back to only 2.4mhz as the only band option. Otherwise, always started in Auto.

It may be a bug not showing all three band options continuously, you’ll eventually see all three band options. Hopefully, Autel gets this straightened out in a future update.

Enjoy your new high end piece of visual controllable equipment, wise investment you made.

Paul

Reactions: lukappaseidue
Anzacjack, one thing I noticed when all three band (2.4/900/Auto) options are available, firmware and software showed it was current and updated. If firmware or software updates show an error or something to that effect, it won’t show all three band options.

I don’t know if connecting to internet had anything to do with having both bands available, so now I will fly with SC connected to my phones Bluetooth. One of these days, will try again without Bluetooth see if both bands are available.

Keep us posted

Last edited:
Thanks for all of that information. Ill play around tomorrow and see what i get. Being in a CE country, its hard to know if its a bug or if its deliberate.
ill try a few of the options you have mentioned and see what happens
When you say you are connecting to bluetooth, do you mean using the phones hotspot or are you actually connecting via bluetooth.
ive never used a bluetooth connection with my controllers

Reactions: edgardcafe
Another thing i noticed. I thought switching to ludicrous mode turned off sensors. When switching using the programmed button, i get a message in chinese, and the sensors icon shows that they are all active.
Is this something new?

Thanks for all of that information. Ill play around tomorrow and see what i get. Being in a CE country, its hard to know if its a bug or if its deliberate.
ill try a few of the options you have mentioned and see what happens
When you say you are connecting to bluetooth, do you mean using the phones hotspot or are you actually connecting via bluetooth.
ive never used a bluetooth connection with my controllers
Glad to be of help, and my method may not be the real source but it’s what I’ve been using to get two band options available. Yes, I use Bluetooth to connect especially with updates and having map access in flight.

In regards the Chinese message when selecting ludicrous mode, can’t remember seeing this. I did go and change my language to English, can’t remember think it was in the app itself and in settings somewhere.

Looking forward to seeing your future SC experiences

Reactions: Anzacjack
Another thing i noticed. I thought switching to ludicrous mode turned off sensors. When switching using the programmed button, i get a message in chinese, and the sensors icon shows that they are all active.
Is this something new?
Haven’t noticed with Fast Ludicrous mode if Sensors are turned off, I’ll check this out and assign ludicrous mode to a button see if it OA stays on. I’ll share my experience, one thing have noticed returning landings are so much better very accurate.

Reactions: Anzacjack

WOW.....I agree with Waldo Pepper...that is one SWEEEET setup! Congrats! I love it, and it looks great. ??

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials