Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NEW RELEASE: Autel Smart Controller for EVO II

In regards to the SmartController stand, actually may be beneficial for those having an AlienTech Pro booster using the stand as a bracket to mount the AlienTech booster onto if they decide to add a booster.

Something to consider, minor fabrication and will be a neat clean setup if one ever needs additional stronger transmission signal.
if you own the new version of alientech booster you are going to need an adapter for the connector since it use differnt one. the SC uses SMA Female Pigtail. im 3d printing a small adapter clamp so i can connect it to alientech first 2.4ghz booster ive owned for 4 years

Last edited:
Reactions: SARty
@advexure - hey guys, would you mind sharing with us what the customization options are for the C1/C2 buttons?

One of the functions on DJI's SC that we use a lot in Public Safety is exposure control via the 5D button. Great when needing to quickly brighten up shadows around foliage. As a workaround, I'm hoping that one of the buttons can be set to toggle the right hand dial between zoom and exposure. If not now, maybe in a future FW update...

@advexure - hey guys, would you mind sharing with us what the customization options are for the C1/C2 buttons?

One of the functions on DJI's SC that we use a lot in Public Safety is exposure control via the 5D button. Great when needing to quickly brighten up shadows around foliage. As a workaround, I'm hoping that one of the buttons can be set to toggle the right hand dial between zoom and exposure. If not now, maybe in a future FW update...
Limited options. gimbal title 0-90; map-video screen swap, AE Lock, OA on-off...

Reactions: PingSpike
Limited options. gimbal title 0-90; map-video screen swap, AE Lock, OA on-off...
They added speed mode to toggle between ludicrous and normal andthe right wheel on the SC is said to be configurable but with no options but zoom now

The controller is NOT expandable .. yep no slot
Thanks I even put my spectacles on .but couldn't find it,128 gigs total memory or even spend a few pennys to put a manual in .it's mentioned at the back of little book.

This V1, V2 debacle smells fishy to me. Chip shortage I can believe. Not able to be compatible with previous versions etc etc. Not so much.
What a way to generate interest in the V1 SC, and the likely hood that the previous owners of the V1 get their hands on one at the stupidly expensive price it is now, by saying, this is a limited run item and get your hands on it now as it's the only time you'll get a chance to have it because are changing things, for your benefit but it's been a really difficult decision for us so please don't blame us.
Look we have a new CEO too, to show we care.

This is all just like an Amazon sale on Amazon day. Get this deal now as it's going to go forever.

Fear of missing out. FOMO.

This V1, V2 debacle smells fishy to me. Chip shortage I can believe. Not able to be compatible with previous versions etc etc. Not so much.
What a way to generate interest in the V1 SC, and the likely hood that the previous owners of the V1 get their hands on one at the stupidly expensive price it is now, by saying, this is a limited run item and get your hands on it now as it's the only time you'll get a chance to have it because are changing things, for your benefit but it's been a really difficult decision for us so please don't blame us.
Look we have a new CEO too, to show we care.

This is all just like an Amazon sale on Amazon day. Get this deal now as it's going to go forever.

Fear of missing out. FOMO.
im going out here on a wild guess but i think V2 Evo2 will support both 2.4ghz and 5.8Ghz band switching. personally i didnt care about future support since Evo2 will be my last drone.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
im going out here on a wild guess but i think V2 Evo2 will support both 2.4ghz and 5.8Ghz band switching. personally i didnt care about future support since Evo2 will be my last drone.
Never say never. ;-)

Sad for anyone who wants to have the SC but can't afford the stupidly expensive price though. Like me. Just shelled out on the E2P, again. Would love to have the SC but looks like that will never happen. Will have to use a large tablet instead.

Good video, actually encouraged me to do the updates.

I believe in the video he mentions Zoom wheel was not working yet, After the updates checked my Zoom wheel and it does work. Counter-Clockwise zooms out, Clockwise zooms back. Holding the zoom wheel, rapidly zooms out or back in 1 to 8 power until releasing wheel. One quick wheel movement, either direction moves one power per quick movement. I’m going to like this feature, no more fumbling to activate zoom.

Liking the SmartController even more, updates are much easier for me with SmartController, Always had issues with stock controller.

In regards to comparing SmartController with stock controller with AlienTech booster, ran a comparison this morning. Using an old flight path from my iPad Explorer app, followed the same path and elevation with the stock SmartController. The stock SmartController was equally the same as the stock controller with the AlienTech booster attached. No difference, for those curious how strong the SmartController V1 transmitting signal is. It’s equal to a stock Evo 2 controller with an AlienTech booster attached, maybe others will see different results but that’s what I experienced. SmartController puts out a strong signal, really no need for a booster with SmartController as it already puts out a strong signal. Especially, in areas with inference.

Happy flying everyone

Last edited:
Good video, actually encouraged me to do the updates.

I believe in the video he mentions Zoom wheel was not working yet, After the updates checked my Zoom wheel and it does work. Counter-Clockwise zooms out, Clockwise zooms back. Holding the zoom wheel, rapidly zooms out or back in 1 to 8 power until releasing wheel. One quick wheel movement, either direction moves one power per quick movement. I’m going to like this feature, no more fumbling to activate zoom.

Liking the SmartController even more, updates are much easier for me with SmartController, Always had issues with stock controller.

In regards to comparing SmartController with stock controller with AlienTech booster, ran a comparison this morning. Using an old flight path from my iPad Explorer app, followed the same path and elevation with the stock SmartController. The stock SmartController was equally the same as the stock controller with the AlienTech booster attached. No difference, for those curious how strong the SmartController V1 transmitting signal is. It’s equal to a stock Evo 2 controller with an AlienTech booster attached, maybe others will see different results but that’s what I experienced. SmartController puts out a strong signal, really no need for a booster with SmartController as it already puts out a strong signal. Especially, in areas with inference.

Happy flying everyone
all depends on area stock SC antenna i was only able to get 7,000 ft distant. with alientech 2.4ghz antenna i was able to get over 10,000 ft distant without any break up. i just turned back. again all depends on what area you are flying

all depends on area stock SC antenna i was only able to get 7,000 ft distant. with alientech 2.4ghz antenna i was able to get over 10,000 ft distant without any break up. i just turned back. again all depends on what area you are flying
That’s great, glad to see you’re getting additional signal strength from your area. And it should when connected to an AlienTech booster, I may order a new set of cables and run the same course, repeat the comparison. I’m still very pleased with stock setup on the SmartController, very impressed with signal strength in areas with obstacles or inference.

My type of flying is for research, hilly rocky terrain with large trees. Although distance isn’t that far, the rough rocky, hilly terrain with trees interferes with signal strength. AlienTech mounted on my stock controller helped a lot, now with using the SmartController with no booster connected its achieving the same powerful signal as I experienced with the stock Evo 2 controller with AlienTech connected.

Even though it’s V1 version, We’re very fortunate having the SmartController. Very very fortunate.

Reactions: edgardcafe
Anyone see or have a link to the 1T card that goes in the controller

Yet another time we have been mislead by published specifications. Autel has removed this from the specifications on their website (I believe it used to be listed). The other attachment shows it listed on a vendor website. I ordered (Prepaid) based upon specifications published on the order date (4-19-2021). They've had my $1243.83 since that day - and as of yesterday neither Autel nor the vendor can even provide an ETA of when my order will ship (yet other people's orders ARE shipping). Every prior ETA provided by the vendor has come and gone.

I never saw any notes mentioning "specifications subject to change" either.

Am I disappointed? - You bet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210629-110743_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210629-110743_Chrome.jpg
    702.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20210629-110706_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210629-110706_Chrome.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
A warning to all folks unboxing their SC units. As you will see in this picture below, the screen comes with a screen protector installed on it already but it has a tab (seen in upper left of display) to pull away a film on the screen protector. We pulled the tab a bit too fast as we were excited and ended up bringing the screen protector up from the screen surface along with the film. We then sat it back down and of course now have bubbles, dust and fuzzies under the screen protector on half the screen. Take it slow and make sure you are pulling up just the protective film!

View attachment 10739
Oh good to know ! Thank you @advexure to always keeping us updated!

Currently under C1 and C1 you can customize to:
  • OA On/Off
  • AE Lock/Unlock
  • Pitch Set to 0 or 90
  • Toggle Map View/Camera View
  • Toggle Speed Mode - Standard/Ludicrous
Yes, we use EV a ton in different missions and have asked for the right wheel to be able to be set up with EV adjustments. Currently it only has the option for zoom. Since there is no comparable to the 5D button on the Autel SC I think it will likely have to be a combo, i.e. hold C1 and use right wheel to move between EV, wouldn't want to give up zoom on the right wheel.

Currently under C1 and C1 you can customize to:
  • OA On/Off
  • AE Lock/Unlock
  • Pitch Set to 0 or 90
  • Toggle Map View/Camera View
  • Toggle Speed Mode - Standard/Ludicrous
Yes, we use EV a ton in different missions and have asked for the right wheel to be able to be set up with EV adjustments. Currently it only has the option for zoom. Since there is no comparable to the 5D button on the Autel SC I think it will likely have to be a combo, i.e. hold C1 and use right wheel to move between EV, wouldn't want to give up zoom on the right wheel.
Thanks for confirming this and for requesting on the fly EV adjustments.

I like the idea of holding down the button with one hand and scrolling with the other. I think the best case would be to have both options: a) hold down the button on the left, scroll on the right b) C1 or C2 can be programmed to toggle between zoom and EV. My thinking re option b is that there are lots of times where we need to tilt the camera up/down with a left finger while adjusting EV up/down to look into shadow areas. If an anomaly is spotted, we would then zoom in.

Now, what can we do about the missing card slot? :D We've got to be able to transfer flight records and image data quickly between flights!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmccaskill