Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NEW RELEASE: Autel Smart Controller for EVO II

DUAL BAND SUPPORT. True or not true??
True,
but for the Evo 2 version 2 which will work with the radio in 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz, ie in double frequency.
This is one of the main reasons (among others) of the Evo 2 V1 and V2 incompatibility.
Do not break your basic remote control of the current version because that of the future version will be absolutely incompatible with version 1.
If you like the beautiful orange book presses on your shelf, that's great!

Reactions: Anzacjack
DUAL BAND SUPPORT. True or not true??
True,
but for the Evo 2 version 2 which will work with the radio in 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz, ie in double frequency.
This is one of the main reasons (among others) of the Evo 2 V1 and V2 incompatibility.
Do not break your basic remote control of the current version because that of the future version will be absolutely incompatible with version 1.
If you like the beautiful orange book presses on your shelf, that's great!
And in other news, earlier today I ordered an elevator trim jack screw and sleeve for my friend's 1938 Piper Cub. With any luck, I'll be able to install them for him this weekend.

See...I say NOT TRUE. Show me a SC right now that has dual frequency support. False advertising. Or they do, but it just doesn't work on any Autel drone. DJI drones, yes, Autel Evo II drones, duel frequency support? nada

*I stand corrected. The SC V1 does indeed have more than one frequency...who knew that the current Evo II can use 900mhz as well as 2.4G. See Waldo Peppers excellent screenshot.

Last edited:
It will be the SC with the new chip as well as the radio control which will be delivered with the Evo 2 Version 2 which will be released in the following months, since the current Evo 2 version (V1) will no longer be manufactured. (I think that's why we see Evo 2 prices going down everywhere and at some resellers, there are not even any more (Europe). Current stocks must empty as much as possible before the arrival of the new version.
You must have zapped something in the thread ......

Yunnec works in 2.4 and 5.8
Dji works in 2.4 and 5.8
And the last Parrot which has just been released today works in 2.4 and 5.8
And why not Autel?
The Parrot of the Day:
last parrot.JPG

Last edited:
It will be the SC with the new chip as well as the radio control which will be delivered with the Evo 2 Version 2 which will be released in the following months, since the current Evo 2 version (V1) will no longer be manufactured. (I think that's why we see Evo 2 prices going down everywhere and at some resellers, there are not even any more (Europe). Current stocks must empty as much as possible before the arrival of the new version.
You must have zapped something in the thread ......

Yunnec works in 2.4 and 5.8
Dji works in 2.4 and 5.8
And the last Parrot which has just been released today works in 2.4 and 5.8
And why not Autel?
The Parrot of the Day:
View attachment 10825

What's the point of using 5.8GHz? The range is horrid.

Reactions: UasDriver
I think it does have Dual Band, just flew a flight switching between 2.4 then 900mhz then Auto.

Honestly, Was able to fly 900mhz, 2.4 then auto.

Anyone else try this?

5C9986FA-682F-4B67-878D-834D9FC522D1.jpeg

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing
What's the point of using 5.8GHz? The range is horrid.
If memory serves me right, I believe 5.8GHz is for areas with interference. WiFi, etc. Areas with a lot of noise.

Have a couple of Parrott models, both used 2.4and 5.8mhz. Modified, 5.8 was to provide a clearer video for areas with WiFi inference. Range was not as good as 2.4, but video feed was clearer.

If memory serves me right, I believe 5.8GHz is for areas with interference. WiFi, etc. Areas with a lot of noise.

Have a couple of Parrott models, both used 2.4and 5.8mhz. Modified, 5.8 was to provide a clearer video for areas with WiFi inference. Range was not as good as 2.4, but video feed was clearer.
Ah, okay. I sometimes forget that not everyone lives in the Middle of Nowhere. Thanks.

Ah, okay. I sometimes forget that not everyone lives in the Middle of Nowhere. Thanks.
No problem Richard, I had completely forgotten the purpose of 5.8mhz myself until today.
My Parrot drones had both, 2.4 and 5.8. Both had amplifiers to boost both 2.4 and 5.8, only 5.8 had its limitations range wasn’t as good as 2.4. With the Parrot drones, 5.8 gave clearer video in areas with WiFi noise.

In reguards to finding out today my SmartController is a Dual Band controller, this came as a shock. After the updates, noticed I could select 2.4 or 900mhz or even Auto. I’m not sure if prior to the updates it had Dual band? But it does now, maybe 900mhz will enhance video feed at certain areas? Not sure, but I did notice 2.4 had longer range.

Looking forward to experiencing with using Dual bands, even Auto.

Paul

I don't know how the big retailers manage their inventory today but back in the day, if you had any pull in the industry, you simply send back v1 units to autel in exchange for v2 units and that's not an "ask." ;)

At the current moment, there is no need to be sending back V1 inventory for future V2 inventory due to such strong demand for V1. Most companies, agencies, DSPs are wanting to expand fleets or get V1 everything so that they have a strong and wide V1 ecosystem.

But if that was not the case, absolutely, dealers and distributors would be sending back the previous generation to get inventory swapped.

I think it does have Dual Band, just flew a flight switching between 2.4 then 900mhz then Auto.

Honestly, Was able to fly 900mhz, 2.4 then auto.

Anyone else try this?
Thank you my friend for this....great to know, and yes I realize that V2 will more than likely have 2.4 and 5.8 transmission. Interesting. Here is a snip from the specs page here:

*Working Frequency902-928 MHz;2.400-2.4835 GHz;5.725-5.850 GHz

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Thank you my friend for this....great to know, and yes I realize that V2 will more than likely have 2.4 and 5.8 transmission. Interesting. Here is a snip from the specs page here:

*Working Frequency902-928 MHz;2.400-2.4835 GHz;5.725-5.850 GHz
That’s good news, looks like V2 will have three bands. While V1 has two bands, hopefully others will experiment with using 900mhz and share what works to fully benefit from this MHz.

i had an idea, if using 900mhz antennas will increase signal. So I ordered a set of 900mhz to 915MHz antennas, probably won’t make a difference but I’m willing to experiment.

Overall, Very pleased with the SmartController. Already making a world of difference for my type of flying, especially with updating I always had serious problems updating. Now, it’s a breeze.

Thanks Quad!
Paul

Ordered this set of antennas 900MHz 915MHz​

BEAA330B-2CB7-4DCB-93C4-B12E1174373D.jpeg

See...I say NOT TRUE. Show me a SC right now that has dual frequency support. False advertising. Or they do, but it just doesn't work on any Autel drone. DJI drones, yes, Autel Evo II drones, duel frequency support? nada

*I stand corrected. The SC V1 does indeed have more than one frequency...who knew that the current Evo II can use 900mhz as well as 2.4G. See Waldo Peppers excellent screenshot.
5.8GHz won't by itself do a thing to improve on range. 900MHz signal propagates better at a distance, is less fussy about obstacles

5.8GHz won't by itself do a thing to improve on range. 900MHz signal propagates better at a distance, is less fussy about obstacles
Makes sense, 5.8Ghz will probably be avoided by most S.C. users.

Canceled my 900MHz antenna order, they are 5dBi type and based from your link attachment I need 30dBm type antennas.

I’ll check the internet this week for a proper antenna set, I honestly feel a proper 900MHz 30dBm antenna set will help when usual 900MHz band with the SmartController.

Thanks!

Last edited:
The key to having both 5.8 and 2.4 is the ability of the drone and rc to switch to open channels, or less crowded channels quickly and seamlessly. DJI with occusync does this quite well and you can see the drone do it by watching the signal bars. Signal starts dropping, drone switches channels, reception returns again. 5.8 for close flying in noisy conditions, 2.4 for distance. I am surprised Autel has taken this long to get this implemented.

I believe the new CEO on the latest interview I just watched on original dobo's channel. He will make it right for owners of the V1 SC, when and if they want to purchase a V2 drone and be "stuck" with the V1 SC. He says he will make it right to you. I will believe that. That should give all of you buying the V1 SC comfort that you will NOT be stuck with an expensive investment that can't be used for future drones. I think the SC looks great in it's design and function so far.
Lets see how this plays out and excited to see what the future holds for Autel for the rest of 2021.

It is normal that it is dual-band.
900 is the frequency of USA
2.4 is the frequency of the USA + the European frequency.
900 is the forbidden band in Europe so the radio must be able to switch from 900 to 2.4 to work in Europe and that is done by the software according to the position of the drone.
In USA the switch can be done since you have both frequencies. In Europe, the radio will not broadcast in 900 since it will not be under coordinates located in the USA.
The DJI Radio (and others) therefore also operate under three frequencies:
800, 2.4 and 5.8 for the USA
And two frequencies, 2.4 and 5.8 outside the USA for countries where the 900 frequency is prohibited.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Well i purchased the last one Perth Drone Shop had in stock and should have it in hand on monday. Not many of these units made it to Australia as a few other retailers had their orders cancelled or recalled so i think myself lucky. Will see how it operates in the land of CE

and assuming i survive the wrath of my wife as i had already spent my allocated $ on the dji fpv. ?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58