Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NEW RELEASE: Autel Smart Controller for EVO II

haha. That it is not. Luckily no new drone this year (no interest in mavic 3) so I have a budget for this controller

Does anyone know if there's an actual video of some random dude (or dudette), who doesn't work for Autel or a distributor, actually using a review sample of this controller outdoors on a sunny day? All the videos seem to be clones of Autel's marketing video.

I don't have an issue with the price. I'm an unapologetic capitalist. I get that people make and sell these things for money, not for the sheer joy of it. I've also been in aviation long enough to know that anything remotely connected to flying is going to cost money. So no problems there. I get it.

I do have reservations, however, about forking over the money for something that no impartial, unaffiliated person seems to have tested and reviewed on video -- at least as far as I can tell.

If anyone knows of such a video, please let me know. Thanks.

Reactions: Wilkz
Does anyone know if there's an actual video of some random dude (or dudette), who doesn't work for Autel or a distributor, actually using a review sample of this controller outdoors on a sunny day? All the videos seem to be clones of Autel's marketing video.

I don't have an issue with the price. I'm an unapologetic capitalist. I get that people make and sell these things for money, not for the sheer joy of it. I've also been in aviation long enough to know that anything remotely connected to flying is going to cost money. So no problems there. I get it.

I do have reservations, however, about forking over the money for something that no impartial, unaffiliated person seems to have tested and reviewed on video -- at least as far as I can tell.

If anyone knows of such a video, please let me know. Thanks.
pretty sure there will be about a dozen videos on yt reviewing the device post launch. plus you'll get feedback from those of who expect to have the sc on day one. like you, my biggest concern by far is viewing the screen on a sunny day. if you can't see it (or cannot see it much better than any other mobile phone, iPad, tripltek, etc) than it goes back...plain and simple. luck for all of us it's 2021 and refund/returns are an option if you aren't happy with your purchase. obviously this doesn't apply to everyone but when I buy something (big), it's always implied that it has been be good or worth. autel might not be the best in the business but surely they gotta know if they advertise the best nits in the business, we are old guys but we're not blind. that screen better light up like a christmas tree and at this point, it's summer in the north and that means we're having some of the brightest days of the year; perfect time to test.

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing
pretty sure there will be about a dozen videos on yt reviewing the device post launch. plus you'll get feedback from those of who expect to have the sc on day one. like you, my biggest concern by far is viewing the screen on a sunny day. if you can't see it (or cannot see it much better than any other mobile phone, iPad, tripltek, etc) than it goes back...plain and simple. luck for all of us it's 2021 and refund/returns are an option if you aren't happy with your purchase. obviously this doesn't apply to everyone but when I buy something (big), it's always implied that it has been be good or worth. autel might not be the best in the business but surely they gotta know if they advertise the best nits in the business, we are old guys but we're not blind. that screen better light up like a christmas tree and at this point, it's summer in the north and that means we're having some of the brightest days of the year; perfect time to test.

Yes, and I may pre-order it anyway. I just prefer not buying unless I'm fairly confident I'll be satisfied with the item. Returns are a pain for all concerned.

pretty sure there will be about a dozen videos on yt reviewing the device post launch. plus you'll get feedback from those of who expect to have the sc on day one. like you, my biggest concern by far is viewing the screen on a sunny day. if you can't see it (or cannot see it much better than any other mobile phone, iPad, tripltek, etc) than it goes back... plain and simple. luck for all of us it's 2021 and refund/returns are an option if you aren't happy with your purchase. obviously this doesn't apply to everyone but when I buy something (big), it's always implied that it has been be good or worth. autel might not be the best in the business but surely they gotta know if they advertise the best nits in the business, we are old guys but we're not blind. that screen better light up like a christmas tree and at this point, it's summer in the north and that means we're having some of the brightest days of the year; perfect time to test.
You guy's i have a DJI crystalsky 5.5inch 1000nit's for my autel and i have been out at noon and the sun was very bright could see the screen with no problem and your going to have 2000nit's i wouldnt worry

You guy's i have a DJI crystalsky 5.5inch 1000nit's for my autel and i have been out at noon and the sun was very bright could see the screen with no problem and your going to have 2000nit's i wouldnt worry

I went ahead and ordered one. Hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow to a shipping notice.

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
I have a Crystal Sky Ultra 2000nit. All I can say is that it is awesome. Never have a problem seeing the screen even in the brightest sun.
That was also something I considered, but I figured I might as well get the rest of the claimed advantages of the Autel Smart Controller (longer range, etc.). Also don't have to mess with dongles or cables.

Hopefully it'll be all it's cracked up to be. Autel does make a lot of other stuff that has to be readable in sunlight, so it's not like this is completely new territory for them. Fingers firmly crossed.

I have the same smaller c.s. unit and unfortunately, not enough. but yeah, you can see the screen with no problem...but that's not the real problem (for me). the problem is trying to make out what you are looking at....from 300 feet up. as I mentioned before, I flew high over the golf course so as not to distract anyone and I thought it was closed because I never saw anyone on the green until I got home and took a look at the video on my tv. surely I don't expect the c.s. unit to outperform my tv but it would be nice if it were on par with my tripltek which is a little bit better but performs like a champ. all I want to be able to do is know exactly what I'm looking at, not just pointing the camera and hoping to get the shot. I try to stay eyes-on vlos at all time so I don't have time to study the screen and I'm hoping the autel c.s. will show the tripltek who's boss because I do not want to get new mounts. for anyone who says a bright screen is not all that, going from a lousy mobile phone to the tripltek has literally turned my Mavic Mini2 into a new drone. I know the autel c.s. will do fine.

Any word from @advexure or @Florida Drone Supply on delivery times for you guys? Im hearing in the next few weeks down here, but assuming you fellas with have hands on first
I can pretty much guarantee that it will arrive this Friday, June 4th. I have an appointment at the VA Medical Center in Albany that day, and the vendor has told me that the package will require my signature. That pretty much seals the deal as far as I'm concerned. Any other outcome is simply not possible.

You're welcome.

I can pretty much guarantee that it will arrive this Friday, June 4th. I have an appointment at the VA Medical Center in Albany that day, and the vendor has told me that the package will require my signature. That pretty much seals the deal as far as I'm concerned. Any other outcome is simply not possible.

You're welcome.
LOL its not coming this week

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
If Autel Robotic's new CEO thinks it's good messaging to state that the chipsets between the forward-looking Smart Controller v.2 and the Evo II v.1 are incompatible without offering a clear or painless upgrade path (say, free of charge?) for the v.1 embedded base... he's probably not long for that job.

You're welcome.

Did it come yesterday?!?!

If Autel Robotic's new CEO thinks it's good messaging to state that the chipsets between the forward-looking Smart Controller v.2 and the Evo II v.1 are incompatible without offering a clear or painless upgrade path (say, free of charge?) for the v.1 embedded base... he's probably not long for that job.
He REALLY needs to let Autel/China know they are making a HUGE mistake. I'm trying to stir some people up to comminate their dissatisfaction directly to him and Autel - maybe as a group we could have some influence.

Reactions: advexure
You guys cant blame the new CEO. I bet you anything this came from His Bosses from Autel International
I don't at all blame him. He seems to be the kind of guy that listens to customers. As a matter of fact if it weren't for him I believe we would all still be hearing SILENCE from Autel. I truly hope he can come up with a solution that is good for Autel AND its customers.

Reactions: advexure

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d