Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NEW RELEASE: Autel Smart Controller for EVO II

I don't at all blame him. He seems to be the kind of guy that listens to customers. As a matter of fact if it weren't for him I believe we would all still be hearing SILENCE from Autel. I truly hope he can come up with a solution that is good for Autel AND its customers.
I think the most important thing as long as batteries work for Version 1 and 2 everyone sould be happy. as long i can fly my E2P im happy. there is nothing wrong with it right now

Gees i just bought the rugged kit with 3 batteries last week. was hoping to get the smart controller when it came out. Wondering if i should return it.

You guys cant blame the new CEO. I bet you anything this came from His Bosses from Autel International
We've known Randall for years. Today was a his fifth day on the job. No blame whatsoever. All we can do right now is thank him for providing transparency and saying what needs to be said, and enable him to enact change and resolution by communicating feedback and insights. Now it's up to the resources available to him to perform and come out of the situation hopefully better off than before.

Gees i just bought the rugged kit with 3 batteries last week. was hoping to get the smart controller when it came out. Wondering if i should return it.
If you purchased your system from Advexure please contact our support team at [email protected] to further discuss and we will work with you and advise on the best course of action and options we can offer in this situation.

I'm very interested in a smart controller, and I was encouraged by the specs I see for this one, but given that it's a brand new device with no history, it seemed wise to wait until there are some out in the wild and reports start appearing about how they work before committing to the purchase.

There are a lot of potential issues (positive and negative) that I've seen nothing about—
  • How solid is the OS? does it hang ever? Is it responsive? or is there latency?
  • How are the controls? Do they enhance the feel of the drone's flight? Are they at least as good as the current controller? Are they better?
  • Do the controls have good feedback or are there ergonomic or haptic issues?
  • Does a charge make the controller usable for a day of flying? (I know the specs, but real world is often different.)
I'm not comfortable investing in the smart controller without some reports on this stuff from the field. Given the recent news about V1 controllers being a limited edition, it looks like I'm interested in a V2 setup.

Reactions: edgardcafe
I'm very interested in a smart controller, and I was encouraged by the specs I see for this one, but given that it's a brand new device with no history, it seemed wise to wait until there are some out in the wild and reports start appearing about how they work before committing to the purchase.

There are a lot of potential issues (positive and negative) that I've seen nothing about—
  • How solid is the OS? does it hang ever? Is it responsive? or is there latency?
  • How are the controls? Do they enhance the feel of the drone's flight? Are they at least as good as the current controller? Are they better?
  • Do the controls have good feedback or are there ergonomic or haptic issues?
  • Does a charge make the controller usable for a day of flying? (I know the specs, but real world is often different.)
I'm not comfortable investing in the smart controller without some reports on this stuff from the field. Given the recent news about V1 controllers being a limited edition, it looks like I'm interested in a V2 setup.
the v1 controller is not a "limited edition" it is exactly like the v2 controller with a different chipset and it probably lacks the v2 logo on the outside. the performance will be roughly equivalent....from what we are told, the range might be a bit different (shorter).

I get it you may want to wait to see the reviews or hear what others have to say. for the questions you mentioned, I like to find the answers for myself and see for myself instead of depending on what other people tell me or show me on yt. at this point, I know better for myself than anyone else how a device feels to me, the ergonomics, the latency. since I have found out how to get in on this deal with little to no risk (it is not an investment for me), it's an easy call for me. but I understand it's not so "wide open" for the next guy. so we'll let you know how we feel when/if we get our v1 sc. just keep in mind, if you have a v1 drone and you don't get your hands on a v1 controller, you don't have a lot of good options should you come to the table late and decide the sc is an outstanding piece of equipment. you can still make it work but knowing the quantities of the v1 sc are "limited" not limited edition but scarce, to me that impacts my decision-making quite a bit....the urgency as in there is little or no time to wait for opinions. but I could be wrong, the general public could reject the v1 sc and hundreds are idle at a cheap price. it's a gamble for sure. :)

the v1 controller is not a "limited edition" it is exactly like the v2 controller with a different chipset and it probably lacks the v2 logo on the outside. the performance will be roughly equivalent....from what we are told, the range might be a bit different (shorter).

I get it you may want to wait to see the reviews or hear what others have to say. for the questions you mentioned, I like to find the answers for myself and see for myself instead of depending on what other people tell me or show me on yt. at this point, I know better for myself than anyone else how a device feels to me, the ergonomics, the latency. since I have found out how to get in on this deal with little to no risk (it is not an investment for me), it's an easy call for me. but I understand it's not so "wide open" for the next guy. so we'll let you know how we feel when/if we get our v1 sc. just keep in mind, if you have a v1 drone and you don't get your hands on a v1 controller, you don't have a lot of good options should you come to the table late and decide the sc is an outstanding piece of equipment. you can still make it work but knowing the quantities of the v1 sc are "limited" not limited edition but scarce, to me that impacts my decision-making quite a bit....the urgency as in there is little or no time to wait for opinions. but I could be wrong, the general public could reject the v1 sc and hundreds are idle at a cheap price. it's a gamble for sure. :)
Well, the Autel web site already lists the SC as sold out, so v1 is probably not an option at this point In any case.

i understand wanting to test it for yourself. I’m less inclined to be the earliest adopter with flight gear (unlike my habits with most camera gear) because flying is quite new to me. And I’m reasonably happy flying with the current controller and an iPhone 12 Max.

Well, the Autel web site already lists the SC as sold out, so v1 is probably not an option at this point In any case.

i understand wanting to test it for yourself. I’m less inclined to be the earliest adopter with flight gear (unlike my habits with most camera gear) because flying is quite new to me. And I’m reasonably happy flying with the current controller and an iPhone 12 Max.

I have a bit of a gripe in that I bought the V1 drone after the SC was already being promoted through distributors, so there was a reasonable assumption of that being an option if the phone didn't work out at the time I made the drone purchase. If the V1 SC turns out to be vaporware, then there will have been some degree of false premise that influenced my decision to buy the V1 drone, albeit probably unintentional on Autel's part.

I'm old enough that if that happens, it will be very far down on the list of worst things that ever happened to me. But absent an extraordinarily-generous upgrade or retrofit option, it would still leave me with less-than warm and fuzzy feelings about Autel's business ethics.

We'll see what happens. I ordered the SC from B&H; and having been doing business with them for more than 40 years, the one thing I'm certain about is that they'll be straight with me about it one way or the other.

cool. should the v1 sc materialize, you should be able to obtain one on the open market. let's just wait and see how it goes.

A warning to all folks unboxing their SC units. As you will see in this picture below, the screen comes with a screen protector installed on it already but it has a tab (seen in upper left of display) to pull away a film on the screen protector. We pulled the tab a bit too fast as we were excited and ended up bringing the screen protector up from the screen surface along with the film. We then sat it back down and of course now have bubbles, dust and fuzzies under the screen protector on half the screen. Take it slow and make sure you are pulling up just the protective film!

AutelSC_1.jpg

@advexure you guys have any plans on getting a tempered Glass screen protector. if not might have to source one out when i get it and find the exact dimensions

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Will we be able to add our own custom splash screen?
the spash screen i think is just a picture of there logo. I think they are using picture viewer.. to add a Custom spash screen you have to Root the andoid OS... which right now might not be able to do.

In regards to the SmartController stand, actually may be beneficial for those having an AlienTech Pro booster using the stand as a bracket to mount the AlienTech booster onto if they decide to add a booster.

Something to consider, minor fabrication and will be a neat clean setup if one ever needs additional stronger transmission signal.

@advexure you guys have any plans on getting a tempered Glass screen protector. if not might have to source one out when i get it and find the exact dimensions
No plans from Advexure unless Autel were to make one available. We could certainly pitch the idea to them. I'm sure it would be relatively easy to find one for this screen size.

Will we be able to add our own custom splash screen?
Not sure. Interesting question. I personally am not all that well-versed on the Android side of the house. Maybe?

the spash screen i think is just a picture of there logo. I think they are using picture viewer.. to add a Custom spash screen you have to Root the andoid OS... which right now might not be able to do.
Yes, that was just a .JPG file saved on the SC and viewed in picture viewer...nothing fancy!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials