Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NEW RELEASE: Autel Smart Controller for EVO II

Disconcerting business model that Autel Robotics allows wholly independent affililates to take people's money for preorders before even acknowledging the existence of the product themselves. Can someone please point me to FCC registration application/certification for this device? Is there an official Autel Robotics statement or specification that such a device will meet the new requirements for RemoteID (and not be obsolete in a year and a couple of months)? Thanks.

I suppose Autel is acknowledging now.

• Haha
Reactions: Wilkz and PingSpike
How about just giving us a smooth transition thru waypoints instead of the controller?!! We've been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for this crucial software fix -- but NADA.

Reactions: TheGoldBug
Haha. I’m feeling the same way. Hopefully I’ll be impressed and all of the software has no issues

this is not "new" tech for Autel as they have a similar controller on another platform. So hopefully this will alleviate some of the teething issues

Ill keep telling myself that :p

Alot complained about Tripltek saying same crap - old blah blah. Guess what? It has run without 1 hiccup. I will be purchasing this however because I love the tripltek so much I am using it as my field tablet and are tired of swapping it in and out of the case.

this is not "new" tech for Autel as they have a similar controller on another platform. So hopefully this will alleviate some of the teething issues

Ill keep telling myself that :p
100% correct, they've had the Voyager controller for the Dragonfish for quite some time, and it's also important to note that "big Autel" (Autel Automotive) has been producing and delivering smart diagnostic tools with integrated displays for many years with great success in that market sector of the automotive industry. Not their first rodeo bringing such a device to market.

Alot complained about Tripltek saying same crap - old blah blah. Guess what? It has run without 1 hiccup. I will be purchasing this however because I love the tripltek so much I am using it as my field tablet and are tired of swapping it in and out of the case.
I am on the fence on this one. Its pricey. BUT...it sure would be nice to have a all-in-one, no cables, no mounting brackets, super bright screen, huge battery....ability to load .apk's etc. I already spend way too much on drone tech...LOL!

Will advise once I file bankruptcy - maybe we can get a group bankruptcy rate? Be well, stay happy and spend like your mama wants ya too!

A quick question; does anyone know if there is / will be a sunshade for the screen of the smart controller? Or, alternatively, are there any groves or rails that would allow third party manufacturers to provide such? I think that would be a very important option, especially on the bright days.
Yes I would be interested in that also. I have been looking for one for the original controller .if anyone knows anything please contact me. Please and thanks.

Does the new Smart Controller record my voice and the screen? I use that feature on my iPad with every flight now so that I have a record of my settings, battery status and any issues (for later adding to my log book). I'm really looking forward to having an integrated controller/screen to simplify storage, battery charging and setup time. I hope it does the voice & screen recording.

I'll wait 2 months or so, to pick up a lightly used Tripltek for $350-400... ?
I actually like my tripltek and instead of retiring it or shelving/selling it, I plan to keep using it and repurpose it for other uses. having a bright bright screen for use when mobile out and about on the town is actually quite useful.

Reactions: Anzacjack
I was about to send something similar. I’ll be using it in the field with other platforms. It’s a great device and I don’t feel bummed about not needing it for the evo once the smart controller hits my kit

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
I am on the fence on this one. Its pricey. BUT...it sure would be nice to have a all-in-one, no cables, no mounting brackets, super bright screen, huge battery....ability to load .apk's etc. I already spend way too much on drone tech...LOL!
Tell me about it I have every accessory that made the small remote better and Have now preordered the smart - not a cheap hobby!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Football Bat