Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New pilot concerned about geofencing

Felt the same, for years had no issue. Provide Credit card, setup profile and any time in future was a quick few clicks and all set..

Over time and app updates, became more problematic... some short... some so delayed it ruined the mission schedule. Got so frustrating, Why even need to deal with their process, simply not their role... back to the purpose of CYA of Idiot coverage. No longer an issue for a small fee.
Thats too bad, especially if you had to pay for something, oh well, good luck, have fun, fly safe.

As Dave indicated in your other thread… Autel doesn’t have GeoFencing in USA. The out of box DJI does… every single one, although can easily be worked around on most newer platforms: M2P up through M2AS & M210. As long as you don’t immediately upgrade to current FW version... if upgraded to newer FW released after the successful certificate hack, you’ll have no current options to block GeoFencing.

The EVO2 6K is a great option… little pricey if just getting into drones. The Mini2 or Air2S are lower cost options; and the soon to appear Autel Lite+ similar to Air2S but with adjustable aperture will be a great option too… and it’s indicated to have same 6K camera as the larger EVO2.

Back on DJI… check out DroneHacks for highly successful & simple hack that eliminates GeoZones & Altitude. If you take that route… download DJI Asst for the craft and Do Not update via iOS / Android.
DroneHacks for DJI birds is about the best and least destructive option for removing the DJI restrictions. But as already stated: you can't ever let your drone update firmware or Flysafe databases. Best thing to do is get an i-phone without a sim card in it set up as your flight screen, or set the smartphone/tablet you intend to use to airplane mode and keep it there. I truly hate geofencing, but common sense tells a responsible drone flier not to put a bird in the air near any prison, military site, airport/airfield or anywhere it is likely to pose a threat to the operation of manned aircraft. You don't have to be Billy the Kid to fly a hacked DJI bird. I still keep to the regulations, but I do it through choice, not as a result of some nanny-app slapping my wrist and telling me "NO!"

DroneHacks for DJI birds is about the best and least destructive option for removing the DJI restrictions. But as already stated: you can't ever let your drone update firmware or Flysafe databases. Best thing to do is get an i-phone without a sim card in it set up as your flight screen, or set the smartphone/tablet you intend to use to airplane mode and keep it there. I truly hate geofencing, but common sense tells a responsible drone flier not to put a bird in the air near any prison, military site, airport/airfield or anywhere it is likely to pose a threat to the operation of manned aircraft. You don't have to be Billy the Kid to fly a hacked DJI bird. I still keep to the regulations, but I do it through choice, not as a result of some nanny-app slapping my wrist and telling me "NO!"
Correct, must refuse Craft updates until DH supports that new version... which probably won't happen since DJI closed that hole for certificates.

Although, you welcome to update the Fly App... I'm on newest iOS and Android version with no issues. I use with other Crafts that lack the DH hack.

It's a cert hack on craft: Air2, Mavic 2, FPV, etc, not the RC.
When app prompts to update Craft, just ignore.
Note: if app prompts an "Out of Sync" FW... that's just the Battries and you can run that without issues to get spare Batteries sync to current FW.

If you accidentally accept, many Crafts via DH and DJI Asst allow downgrading to preferred version.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo