Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New "LOW NOISE" Propellers for AUTEL EVO II

That took some effort, thanks for that.

LCPeak is the highest level of a given period. Often, a spike. Lmax is the average and usually a more accurate measure. 5db difference on the above.

I don't know how that actually "works" in practice. Meaning, how much of a difference one would notice in use. Especially outside, with other sounds around. I'd argue it's not a big difference.

I guess what I am trying to say can be (hopefully) described thus. If anyone here is involved in shooting sports, you know that you need much more hearing protection to shoot inside at a range...rather than outside.

In the end, a lower...or "better" sound is good...but I hope that these new props are doing more than that.

I just received and installed the new blades. They are quieter and less annoying. They seem to spin a little faster. The pitch is slightly higher. They also seem to help aircraft stabilization and balance. They reduce aircraft vibration relative to the old blades. I got new blades just in case I had an accident, but when I opened the boxes, to my surprise , they were the new design. Thank You Autel. I replaced all of the old ones with the new ones. They are definitely worth buying.

Attachments

• 16056940752088220939702027452984.jpg
    16056940752088220939702027452984.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
I just received and installed the new blades. They are quieter and less annoying. They seem to spin a little faster. The pitch is slightly higher. They also seem to help aircraft stabilization and balance. They reduce aircraft vibration relative to the old blades. I got new blades just in case I had an accident, but when I opened the boxes, to my surprise , they were the new design. Thank You Autel. I replaced all of the old ones with the new ones. They are definitely worth buying.
This all sounds very positive to me. Lower frequency does seem quieter and I hope mine will be here on Monday.

Ali express is having a Black Friday sale on these plus 2 dollars off coupon
I’m tempted to order from All Express, would prefer supporting directly from Autel or an Autel dealer. Which I did order a set of three on 11/10 this month from an Autel dealer, still waiting for delivery. I know it’s not the dealers fault waiting for supply from Autel, I would think Autel should get these in dealers hands before they ship out directly from Autel. So customers can get them same time frame from a dealer as if they ordered directly from Autel, dealers should be top priority. That’s how I would run my business if relying on dealers to sell my products.

I want to support companies from USA including it’s dealers, also want to see companies treat their dealers with top priority.

Paul

Last edited:
I agree Paul,
except I was forced to order from Ali Express due to the horrendous shipping of these, which makes no sense. I would have much rather supported an authorized vendor in the US.

Reactions: lukappaseidue
I agree Paul,
except I was forced to order from Ali Express due to the horrendous shipping of these, which makes no sense. I would have much rather supported an authorized vendor in the US.

Hello Quad,

I’ve ordered from across the pond myself for parts, or even directly from DJI. Now, I see what authorized vendors go through so I try and order from them here at the states to help support them. Don’t mind paying extra, in some cases it’s usually lower and helps them stay in business. Plus, On line support that is priceless.

I ordered the Low Noise Propellers from Advexure, 3 sets I believe total shipping was $4 bucks. Should have them after Thanksgiving, looking forward to trying them out.

Haven't flown a drone in weeks, maybe a month ago. Been flying RC aircraft, that’s another great hobby. Will definitely get out and fly the Evo 2 Pro when the Low Noise props arrive, I miss flying it.

Here’s an RC airplane I picked up last weekend, 1410mm P-51. Has the British paint scheme, Retracts etc. She’s a beauty, once my knee recovers from surgery this beauty will be hitting the sky. I didn’t put this beautiful plane together, a skilled builder from my area put this beauty together. Hand painted, he put in a lot of hours. Very skillful individual, great Pilot as well. I was fortunate to buy this from him, saved me a ton of time and money.

Take care Quad,
Paul

DEF847D5-45D0-451E-9F1F-55E8EFF7C4F2.jpeg

5B182EE2-22D8-4404-A13C-9C5C8D16BC2D.jpeg

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance. Are their fixed wing aircraft that have a camera? Not so much to take pics as to see from the "cockpit".

Excuse my ignorance. Are their fixed wing aircraft that have a camera? Not so much to take pics as to see from the "cockpit".
Hello ovrszd,

Yes indeed, I’ve seen videos of RC aircraft with FPV camera setups. Very interesting way to fly an RC, pilot is actually flying the RC plane as if he was in the cockpit.

One particular FPV plane, had the camera in the dummy pilots head so he could turn the dummies head and view outside the cockpit any direction.

I’ve thought about gutting a Mavic mini and placing it inside a plane, use an iPad to maneuver the plane using the screen as visual.

Take care,
Paul

That would be very cool.

I may have to investigate this further. I'd like to have a B-17 or even a C-130. C-130s low fly over my farm a couple times a month. Low enough if I see them and wave they'll tip their wings. :)

Reactions: Andrew01
I have bought stuff from them in the past. Shipping was a lot faster to Canada then Banggood or Gearbest from my experience. Never had to deal with any returns from them but I don't think they are any worse then any of the others.
I agree. They sell what you expect to get, it just takes a lot longer to get the item you ordered.

While I'm not in the market as I have a full set of replacement blades.....I find it almost funny that these would be released as "Low Noise". The other features may be a help, but a 2.5db sound difference?

0db is the littlest amount of sound a human can hear. Whispering at 6 feet is 30db. Normal conversion is about 60db. How will we ever notice a 2.5db difference?
Although 2.5 db doesn't sound ( pardon the pun) like much . For very 3db over 85db you half the amount of time that you can put up with it without any hearing damage . Say 85db is 8 hours, 88db is 4 hours, 91db 2 hours, 103db 7.5 minutes . So even 2.5 is a lot

Although 2.5 db doesn't sound ( pardon the pun) like much . For very 3db over 85db you half the amount of time that you can put up with it without any hearing damage . Say 85db is 8 hours, 88db is 4 hours, 91db 2 hours, 103db 7.5 minutes . So even 2.5 is a lot
I get it. Speaking only for myself...the sound of the Evo 2 isn't objectionable. Especially considering the that its not operating within inches of my head. I think hearing damage from flying an Evo 2 is at best, a remote possibility.

That being said, if the lower noise is coupled with more flight time, better handling, etc..I'm all for it.

I noticed a pitch difference as well as a slightly reduced db. But, I think its the frequency or pitch of the sound that makes it seem quieter to me. Everyone has slight differences in what noise frequencies they hear very well or very poorly, especially as we age.

I noticed a pitch difference as well as a slightly reduced db. But, I think its the frequency or pitch of the sound that makes it seem quieter to me. Everyone has slight differences in what noise frequencies they hear very well or very poorly, especially as we age.
totally agree with you about the pitch/frequency. The those of us that are a little older will tell you, running your nails down a backboard would bring as shivers. I know the noise of evo's couldn't damage your hearing just sort of pointing out that 2.5db is a decent amount even if you don't really notice it. That reminds me I need to buy a sound tester for my next job.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MFJ