Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New "LOW NOISE" Propellers for AUTEL EVO II

I droned a house build site today. Setting trusses. The workers couldn't help but look up at the drone. I need to be quieter.
Exactly. Peoples reaction on drones is a... complicated. But they are less nervous if they see the pilot. Or when drone flies away :)

What's the label on the box say for you guys? Mine appear to be the same as the ones I got from B&H a few months ago so wondering they they shipped wrong ones. That or they've had these out for much longer then we knew.

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike
What's the label on the box say for you guys? Mine appear to be the same as the ones I got from B&H a few months ago so wondering they they shipped wrong ones. That or they've had these out for much longer then we knew.

The box label should be different. Compare the actual blades against the old ones as the new ones should be very different.

I ordered, and paid for two day shipping, for the low-noise blades from Autel directly to then find out.... that they shipped me the old style blades. They supposedly rectified the issues but it's been two days and what I paid for and ordered is still not here. On a side note, I have a brand new set of old style blades that I won't be sending back.

So what we can learn from this is that Autel is not communicating correctly with their own internal staff and vendors about what is what. In a perfect world Autel would have told their vendors to send the old blades back for a credit, discount them for a credit or do with them as they wish because what's being shipped is THE new standard.

Exactly. Peoples reaction on drones is a... complicated. But they are less nervous if they see the pilot. Or when drone flies away :)
I always alert people that I'm flying. Even then, they can't help but look up. :)

0db is the littlest amount of sound a human can hear. Whispering at 6 feet is 30db. Normal conversion is about 60db. How will we ever notice a 2.5db difference?
Actuallyyyyyyy a human is able to hear a 1db difference. Db is a logarithmic unit, 3db more are already 100% louder.

Since that is out of the way now: Just tested the new props - no scientific ****, just my impressions - they are about the same or maybe a little bit quieter when hovering but a lot more silent when you punch it.

That's the results I had with the Masterscrew props on the XSP.

Only flight difference I noticed was when returning to me, I'd look up and the Drone was a bit closer than I thought it was.

Actuallyyyyyyy a human is able to hear a 1db difference. Db is a logarithmic unit, 3db more are already 100% louder.

Since that is out of the way now: Just tested the new props - no scientific ****, just my impressions - they are about the same or maybe a little bit quieter when hovering but a lot more silent when you punch it.
My point is, and was, that a 2.5dB change will not be changing the sound of a chainsaw to a whisper.

I've worked with sound in professional audio my entire adult life. While a 3dB increase is technically 100% louder, you're most likely to notice that with monitoring gear...not human's ears. For the "perceived" volume to double in most people's perception it would be more like a 10 dB increase.

In the end, I hope these props are a good thing....I just won't be buying for the sound decrease.

Seeing that Autel is outfitting all EVO IIs with these from here on out, I assume there is a reason for them them changing the props from the originals to these. Maybe improved flight dynamics, motor performance and decreased vibration while flying? Who knows? I don’t see Autel openly explaining the reasoning for a fairly early switch in props anytime soon on a new line of aircraft. That’s why I decided to get a set early for my EVO II. Perceived audio improvement is a side benefit that I will gladly accept as well. Adios!

Seeing that Autel is outfitting all EVO IIs with these from here on out, I assume there is a reason for them them changing the props from the originals to these.

I missed that announcement, when did this come about? I don't see them listed in the what comes in the box list. Did they just start sending these out now?

And, from what's been said here, how do I ensure that I'm going to get the "low noise" props if I order from Autel?

I missed that announcement, when did this come about? I don't see them listed in the what comes in the box list. Did they just start sending these out now?

I received my props from Autel today. This is how they were shipped. I have my old ones in the bag so ignore those. All 4 in one back with them having the protective wrapping on each one. This note was included in the ziplock bag. My guess is that this is how they will be put into the drone packaging/boxes and the note is a warning that if you purchase the old style in the future then make sure to purchase a set of 4.

IMG_20201116_170720.jpg

I received my props from Autel today. This is how they were shipped. I have my old ones in the bag so ignore those. All 4 in one back with them having the protective wrapping on each one. This note was included in the ziplock bag. My guess is that this is how they will be put into the drone packaging/boxes and the note is a warning that if you purchase the old style in the future then make sure to purchase a set of 4.

View attachment 9099
There you have it. Same was in my package too.

Oct 14, 2020

Recently, Autel Robotics launched EVO 2 Low-Noise propellers, and all the EVO II drones new produced will be upgraded to newly designed Low-Noise propellers.

New orders in the future will come with these installed since they have been redesigned for better this and that, blah blah blah. It’s on the site. If you buy a new one in the future, all three versions evidently will come with these out of the box.

Reactions: ovrszd
I'm not even sure if I called in my order that I'd get the "low noise" props. I think I'll wait a few months until they have exhausted their stock of the old style. That's what I think they are doing right now.

My point is, and was, that a 2.5dB change will not be changing the sound of a chainsaw to a whisper.

I've worked with sound in professional audio my entire adult life. While a 3dB increase is technically 100% louder, you're most likely to notice that with monitoring gear...not human's ears. For the "perceived" volume to double in most people's perception it would be more like a 10 dB increase.
Good, just wanted to make sure we're on common ground here. I can assure you there is a noticeable difference but of course it doesn't turn the sound into a whisper. What it does is it changes characteristics of the loud sound you get when you really push the throttle.

today I decided to fly my Mavic 2 zoom for the first time in a couple of months and I gotta tell you, it is easily much more quiet than the Autel. it was shocked how you can barely hear the mavic once it's 75 feet high. hopefully these new props will help, mine are on order.

Maybe MattMPA can chime in.

I used an app, not scientific at all, called NIOSH SLM to analyze db values between the two different blade sets. Tests were completed, indoors, by following the following steps:

1) Recording device on the ground 1 foot in front of gimbal
2) Rotors started
3) Drone brought to 3 feet and hovered for 5 seconds
4) Drone brought to a land and rotors powered off

I could not tell a huge audible difference between old and new but there was a bit of a pitch change. Was able to finally get the drone out to do a flight test and there does appear to be a noticeable difference in tone at larger distances. Take all of for what it is.

*Edit - The Instantaneous Level only indicates the current level. The levels below are what are important. I may have bumped or moved the device in an incorrect manor and caused the larger, instantaneous, level to be nowhere near accurate. The levels below are what merit, in this non-scientific test, a look over.

new.PNG

old.PNG

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuvNtiTTays