Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Neutral Density Filters for Evo 2 & Pro

Given the diameter of the ring, I really have a big doubt that those of the Evo 1 fit.
For Evo 2 8K, it will be a ring with external thread.
For the 6K for sure given the diameter of the sensor compared to the Evo 1.
In a video, it was said that the filters are coming.

Many thanks for the reply. That’s pretty much what I thought but there are those who are selling ND filters as an accessory on the same page as the EVO 2, but looking at the filters themselves it isn’t clear what drone exactly they’re for.

Some still seem to think that Polar Pro is going to have some for the E2 soon.

As I said before this is does not seem to be true.

Here is the response I go from them yet again today:

Oliver (PolarPro)
Apr 23, 5:06 PM PDT
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to PolarPro Support. We'd be happy to answer that question for you. While we have not been provided with any information at this time indicating a set of filters for the Autel Evo 2 is in development, we'd be happy to pass along your interest to our development team for consideration. The best way to stay on top of any new product announcements is to keep an eye on our newsletter and our Instagram account. If you'd like to subscribe to the newsletter, enter your email address into the "Connect With Us" field at the bottom of any page on our site. You'll see an on-screen confirmation, after which the newsletter will begin appearing for you once a month.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. We'll keep an eye out for your response. Have a great day!

Best Regards,
Oliver
PolarPro Support

This seem to suggest that none will be coming from them soon or that Oliver doesn't know what is going on.

Autel has really let us down on this. A "Pro" drone should have necessary pro accessories available!

Last edited:
As we can find all photo filters in gelatin sheet, why not design it.
3D printing weight 0.8 gr
filter holder.JPG

Think about it.....

Reactions: parkgt
Does the aperture control on the EVO II Pro negate the need for neutral density filters?

Only partially. much depends on what the sharpest aperture range is for this lens. Typically that is not towards the closed end, say f-8 to f-11. So without NDs one may have to go into the less sharp range to keep exposure correct while trying to maintain the guideline (180 degree shutter angle) of keeping shutter speed at 2x the frames per second (fps) being filmed in. So may have to fudge on the 2x like shooting 30 fps and a shutter speed of 80 instead of 60 to cut overexposure while trying to keep the aperture at or below 5.6. Until the lens is tested we won;t know what effect on sharpness high f-stop values will have. Autel should have made some effort to have NDs available for a drone they call "Pro". Not many serious video guys would choose to be without them.

Reactions: Rubik3x
Only partially. much depends on what the sharpest aperture range is for this lens. Typically that is not towards the closed end, say f-8 to f-11. So without NDs one may have to go into the less sharp range to keep exposure correct while trying to maintain the guideline (180 degree shutter angle) of keeping shutter speed at 2x the frames per second (fps) being filmed in. So may have to fudge on the 2x like shooting 30 fps and a shutter speed of 80 instead of 60 to cut overexposure while trying to keep the aperture at or below 5.6. Until the lens is tested we won;t know what effect on sharpness high f-stop values will have. Autel should have made some effort to have NDs available for a drone they call "Pro". Not many serious video guys would choose to be without them.
Yes, even us amateurs use them. I have a set for my Typhoon H that I use religiously, mainly because of the fixed aperture. Thanks for the explanation.

Reactions: parkgt
I got word that Freewell has EVO II Pro and EVO II 8K in development but nothing's confirmed yet. Originaldobo said he was announcing upcoming ND's soon. My money is on Freewell as I think the Autel EVO II was not even on Polar Pro's product development's radar a month ago. Not sure if they're waiting for more EVO II sales to jump in.

Reactions: JohnOfDrones
I am hoping that PolarPro will be working on something for the Autel Evo 2, they did on the original Autel - I will be pestering them to get an answer!

Reactions: markver
I just let both of them (PolarPro and Freewell) know that we will be needing ND filters for the EVO II Pro. The more people that ask, the more likely (and sooner) to get results.

Reactions: markver
I just let both of them (PolarPro and Freewell) know that we will be needing ND filters for the EVO II Pro. The more people that ask, the more likely (and sooner) to get results.

I inquired about NDs four months ago with three suppliers. None were actively working on them. So they have had plenty of notice.

Reactions: 907yak
Interesting they weren't aware of this sooner? Although I have zero clue about headquarters of any of the potential crafters are located, business relationships and such. I am just a consumer and I'm thinking someone dropped the ball in marketing. Last week I thought I saw a picture on the Autel site of ND filters, but when I went back, nothing.

I got word that Freewell has EVO II Pro and EVO II 8K in development but nothing's confirmed yet. Originaldobo said he was announcing upcoming ND's soon. My money is on Freewell as I think the Autel EVO II was not even on Polar Pro's product development's radar a month ago. Not sure if they're waiting for more EVO II sales to jump in.

EVO II 8K is the first drone I've owned that makes using filters in all forms of sunlight for best results pretty much mandatory. I hope the filter manufacturers step up to the plate soon.

Reactions: 907yak
EVO II 8K is the first drone I've owned that makes using filters in all forms of sunlight for best results pretty much mandatory. I hope the filter manufacturers step up to the plate soon.

Never owned one yet that filter use didn't help with video.

Not much more than rumours right now. Today i read a response from Freewell to a user on FB. They confirmed they are on it and filters will be available in a month. Can't tell how much truth is in that though.

I got the same response when I inquired directly to Freewell. About a month.

FYI - Freewell nd filters can now be preordered on drone works site. They are stating approx. 3 weeks for delivery

I carefully popped out an old set of Skyreat Osmo Action ND16 filter-Glass and placed it between the lens cover and the camera gimbal-lens. It works like a charm. I still took the plunge on DW freewell ND set; after posting it was too much money. Figured, if I paid so much for the E2P I might as well pick up the filter set. Plus it’s a tax right off.

Anyway, thought I share (again)

they are pretty cheap on Amazon $23

11C249E8-6D8B-4180-8BBC-2104E3E91864.jpeg

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo