Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Need Help with DJI Crystal Sky - MAPS.

BLADE4

Reaction score
So I understand there are Autel Explorer Users who are able to have maps working while using Autel Explorer with DJI Crystal Sky.

I have the EVO II 8k version

Autel Explorer V1.1.5.3

DJI Crystal Sky CS785U V03.00.02.00

and

DJI Crystal Sky CS550 V03.00.02.00

In each monitor I have side loaded Explorer via WiFi as well as SD Drive to no avail.

I have then tried to load Google Maps Via SDK. I installed the latest Goolge Play Services Via SDK (Side Loading) to no avail.

Still no maps showing up.

As a ruling out, I brought up DJI GO 4 and downloaded maps via WiFi and that works fine on my DJI Phantoms.

Lastly, when I expand the map window on Explorer, and really expand out to say 10 - 20 mile range I do get water. When I am connected to the aircraft in GPS mode, with proper Satellites I can see where the Drone is and where my location is but no other info.

I have loaded all the software above using the Captain Drone Method on Youtube. Link Provided. He states he has the maps! I performed my installs exactly as he did to no prevail.

If anyone has their maps functioning I would appreciate some assistance thanks!

Last edited:
Had same issue but now works. If you can provide a contact number I'd be glad to walk you through process.

why you support dji? just buy the galaxy 9 plus, for outdoor monitor...

Nearly flawless readability
Displaying beautiful colors is good, but the screen must still be readable. Fortunately, on this point too, the S9 family is doing with honors. When the brightness is left in automatic mode and the cursor is pushed all the way, the screens of the S9 and S9 + can reach respectively 634 and 678 cd / m². The reflectance rate does not spoil the party, since it is only 6%. No fear therefore, your precious S9 will remain perfectly readable in all light conditions. The "infinite" contrast of the Oled screen also helps.

Reactions: BLADE4
Is it bright?
works great at high noon...here in the desert
i bought mine used unlocked for $200, i can only imagine the newer models are brighter and better. shoot i was impressed with the galaxy s8

I have been using these drones (dji and others) with phones of all types and tablets but nothing works as well as the crystal sky. It is the best by a long shot. However you can get the maps to work which is not progress as the app then crashes in the middle of a flight and warning screens pop up saying google play store service stopped working so the fix is worse than the original problem. I removed all the google files and just live without the maps. I don't believe there is any actual fix for the maps.

Reactions: PingSpike
So I checked out the Galaxy S20 phone!!

Verizon! Been wanting to dump Sprint for some time now. Yay. Phone was totally bright enough at high noon no clouds! Yes!

Dji will be a TOTAL thing of the past!

Reactions: flyingfool
Well following the tread yes it does install and sort of work however the "Google play services has stopped" error pops up constantly and ruins the use of the controller. I use this same CS for all my drones - Autel and DJI and the warning shows up at the worst times. In general it does not work and the maps will never work with CS unless the developers change the maps in Explorer or CS updates the Android OS to accept and use Google Play Services.

So I checked out the Galaxy S20 phone!!

Verizon! Been wanting to dump Sprint for some time now. Yay. Phone was totally bright enough at high noon no clouds! Yes!

Dji will be a TOTAL thing of the past!
sounds good, Verision is also one of the most secure networks to run your phone off of. I have tried hacking a couple and sent a few to a chinese company to unlock but no luck. back door tricks to unlock em have been shut down quickly..
i find DJI start off nice, but over time they dont have the durability for the money you spent on them, most smartphones are so rugged and nearly millitary build quality, the Samsung is the way to go.
1,342 NITs on the brightness for the galaxy 20 and way more functions than a CS from DJI

my s9 is 1100 NITS

Last edited:
sounds good, Verision is also one of the most secure networks to run your phone off of. I have tried hacking a couple and sent a few to a chinese company to unlock but no luck. back door tricks to unlock em have been shut down quickly..
i find DJI start off nice, but over time they dont have the durability for the money you spent on them, most smartphones are so rugged and nearly millitary build quality, the Samsung is the way to go.
1,342 NITs on the brightness for the galaxy 20 and way more functions than a CS from DJI

my s9 is 1100 NITS
Agreed
Not to mention ALL IN ONE!

Less stuff to put in the bag!

Reactions: flyingfool
Tried,

Error 404 file not found on all 3 files? I'd attempt this IF there was a solid install, maps working for the CURRENT version of CS, and Autel.

-C

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials