Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

ND filters for the EVO 2s

I’m sure some for the II will be out sometime or another by Autel. With some simple color correction prior to applying the luts, they even work well for my Osmo pocket and M2P with good results.

I’m sure some for the II will be out sometime or another by Autel. With some simple color correction prior to applying the luts, they even work well for my Osmo pocket and M2P with good results.
My point is that the luts should have been developed in conjunction with the sensors and made available on release. Not maybe "sometime or another" in the future. Just shows a poorly developed product. In actually using the drone I've found the state of the dlog is nearly unusable.

Reactions: parkgt
Thinking about sensors, I think the Evo and Evo II have the same CMOS 1/2.3“ sensor with the exception of the Evo II Pro with the 1” sensor. Am I wrong? Everything I am finding online shows the same sensor and size.

The I does not, but the I is a 12mp camera, just as in many cell phones. The sensors in the I and the II appear to be the same. The II uses quad processing via the Bayer Filter to achieve “48mp resolution” as in a few cell phones that claim the same. On the Evo 2 Standard, Autel appears to be using the Sony IMX586 Sensor, the Bayer Filter appears to multiply the pixels and is the reason for this 48MP number for the resolution. So the Bayer Filter is processing the 12mp x 4 to give you a “48mp resolution” just the same a a few cell phone manufacturers have done a year or so ago. The sensor has the same Bayer Filter size overall roughly as the 12MP sensor everyone else is using they have just put 4x as many pixels below it. It doesn’t appear to be “true” 48mp resolution, but a work of processing. Hope that makes sense. The Sony IMX586 is closer to the definition of 12 MP than 48 MP as claimed.

Last edited:
It’s all good. Good luck with everything. Hopefully you can find something that works for you soon. Waiting for mine to come as well. Cheers buddy.

Thinking about sensors, I think the Evo and Evo II have the same CMOS 1/2.3“ sensor with the exception of the Evo II Pro with the 1” sensor. Am I wrong? Everything I am finding online shows the same sensor and size.

Any news of any ND/CPL Filter for the Evo II 8K or Pro?
By the way, The Autel EVO II 8K has a 1/2” sensor.
Regards.

I was able to fit an ND filter onto my Evo 2 Pro. The filter was originally made for a P4Pv2. I lined the inside threads with a foam tape about 4mm thick. The filter slips right over the lens of the pro. I haven't noticed any effect on the gimbal performance, but it'll get me by for now and allow me to put my E2P to work.

I was able to fit an ND filter onto my Evo 2 Pro. The filter was originally made for a P4Pv2. I lined the inside threads with a foam tape about 4mm thick. The filter slips right over the lens of the pro. I haven't noticed any effect on the gimbal performance, but it'll get me by for now and allow me to put my E2P to work.

How is this working out for you? My guess what issues you will see will have to do with light bouncing around the two pieces of glass creating some nasty lens flares.

Update for everyone though I reached out to Autel and they said they are planning on selling accessories directly for the Evo II series but have no timeline yet on when they will be available...

my second email from PolarPro today.
not good customer service really.
they are only a little guy with exceptional product. But are falling over backwards for DJI and not Autel It seems.

Paz (PolarPro)
Jun 9, 2020, 12:16:32 PM PDT
Hi Greg,

Thank you for getting back to us. I will gladly continue assisting you. Creating new products takes some time, I can not provide you with a specific date. Please proceed with another store for the time being. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

Best Regards
Paz
PolarProSupport.

Many do not need 8 filters at that price. 3 or 4 would be fine 4 to 16 or 4 to 32.

Reactions: Micander
Many do not need 8 filters at that price. 3 or 4 would be fine 4 to 16 or 4 to 32.

Exactly. Expecially with the pro you can fine tune with the aperture. But i won't complain. Better 8 than none at all.

What do you want to use them for? I can't think of much since you have to adjust them for every single shot.

I shoot a lot of video over water, CPL reduces the glare. And for that I mostly do not need readjust unless I'm trying for a very specific shot like trying to reduce a reflected image.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller