Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

ND filters for the EVO 2s

parkgt

Reaction score
Is any one else disappointed that Autel has made no provisions for ND filters to be available for the EVO 2s? IMO these are required to get the most out the video capabilities of the PRO. Pro gear needs Pro accessories.

They could/should have partnered with someone to have this necessary accessory available. Polar Pro is not working on making any; hopefully one of the ND suppliers from China has something in the works.

Is any one else disappointed that Autel has made no provisions for ND filters to be available for the EVO 2s? IMO these are required to get the most out the video capabilities of the PRO. Pro gear needs Pro accessories.

They could/should have partnered with someone to have this necessary accessory available. Polar Pro is not working on making any; hopefully one of the ND suppliers from China has something in the works.

Really? Are you sure you have not looked at the news lately. I think just getting the EVO II out to you guys during this difficult time is pretty amazing.
Chill buddy and all accessories will come in time.

Really? Are you sure you have not looked at the news lately. I think just getting the EVO II out to you guys during this difficult time is pretty amazing.
Chill buddy and all accessories will come in time.

Hey buddy, I am not worried about when I get the E2. I just find it strange that even with their delay in releasing, that they wouldn't have made plans to have a much less complicated and needed accessory available. They obviously started the design and engineering and even production of the EVO2 long before the virus had any impact on them as made evident by them being able to ship now.

Chill and be safe,

Autel has never been a company that has a lot of accessories for any of their UAV's. They say the Live Deck will work with the EVO II. As for filters Polarpro is pretty good at producing filters with in the first couple of weeks or at least they have in the past. I think you will see more of the 3rd part guys making things like added lights and prop guards. It al depends on just how well the EVO II sells.

As I said earlier Polar Pro has no current plan to make ND filters for the E2. Hopefully Freewell will decide it is worth it.

Autel now calls one of the their models "Pro"; not many pro or more serious drone videographers that don't use ND filters.

I sent an email to PolarPro asking them when EVO ll Pro filters will be out,
received the usual generic response letter.
The more people that email them the sooner they will produce. In the meantime I am hoping I can remove the front lens cover and tape my Polar Pro Mavic 2 Pro filters for temporary use.

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I sent an email to PolarPro asking them when EVO ll Pro filters will be out,
received the usual generic response letter.
The more people that email them the sooner they will produce. In the meantime I am hoping I can remove the front lens cover and tape my Polar Pro Mavic 2 Pro filters for temporary use.

Lets add that to the many uses of duct tape. LOL

Yes. I am also pretty disappointed. The II is my first Autel product. I also have the mavic mini and Pro 2. Both have significant advantages in app development and accessories. I understand this is a new product for Autel but I'm pretty sure the specs have been known for a long time and it would have made good business sense to have everything ready to go. If you want to compete with the big boys you had better bring your A game. Autel has dropped the ball in both accessories - filters are a must - and app maturity. I know as an early adopter there are growing pains, but some of these were clearly avoidable.

Reactions: parkgt
Early adopter? They've been through this a few times now and it remains the same. They're not that new and the same criticism happened every time.

Last edited:
Reactions: parkgt
I mean as a person getting a brand new product (early adopter), I'd imagine there would be a few wrinkles to iron out and I'd be cool with that. The app and manual are half baked and need some more cook time. The drone flies wonderfully. Here's another idea, how about a lut or two or eight for the log file.

Reactions: Tufargon and parkgt
I feel the same about my XSP. I love it. You can basically apply any lut you want during post in whatever software you use. I think I have 24 or so.

Some of us have been around for what seems for ever. Very big fans of Autel but at the same time we have learnt Autel does not have the people to make their product something that stands out from the rest. The one guy who ran the firmware and App department just got pissed off enough that he left. Leaving Hongfei AR to take over. Although he is or was their main code writer he has no back up. Not even sure if he is still with the company. Autel keeps trying to hire new talent but seems unsuccessful in getting the right people together.

Reactions: Len and parkgt
Autel can't poach at DJI, for firmwares and application are in point (I think).
There was a time when they managed to place a firmware in the device every 15 days ...... ?

I got an email today saying the next firmware will include the hyperlapse fix. They did not know if the bug that prevents you from chosing where to save your files, SD card or internal, when an external viewer like a phone is attached to the remote would also be fixed.

Here's another idea, how about a lut or two or eight for the log file.
Here you go!

Here you go!

Umm. Different drone. Different sensor. Does not work. Find one for the II.

Reactions: dronographer

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghost183