Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My first long range flight

lastdon87

Reaction score

I made it 3.3 miles from the house! I figured the Evo could do it, but actually sending my 1k tool that far away is another thing....lol. I was wondering if everything looks good as far as my gimbal tilt, etc? I did all the firmware updates, but I really am new to all this. Thanks for all your expertise here in the forum.

I made it 3.3 miles from the house! I figured the Evo could do it, but actually sending my 1k tool that far away is another thing....lol. I was wondering if everything looks good as far as my gimbal tilt, etc? I did all the firmware updates, but I really am new to all this. Thanks for all your expertise here in the forum.

Congrats !! Smart move to run the EVO over a deserted area. No lost of connection or interference? 3.3 miles going and returning back to home base on one battery?

Congrats !! Smart move to run the EVO over a deserted area. No lost of connection or interference? 3.3 miles going and returning back to home base on one battery?
Yeah, I'm pretty lucky, I left right from my house...lol. Nope, no connection loss at all, and I landed with 18 percent battery left, and I think when I took off the battery was only at 98 percent. I had the obstacle avoidance on as well, and I think that if I would have turned that off, I can extend the range even further.

On a couple of occasions I was able to get the MP out 6.3 miles to/from on single charged battery...came back crawling with only 9% juice. I had to check my underwear. I haven't tested distance yet with the Evo. Evo doesn't have the Occusyn-tech so won't be pushing too far but still have impressive capability and connection to the RC.

Next time, you should drive 6.6 miles away in your car, then fly your Evo back home, landing it on your patio.

Then post the video here. :p
I might have to give that a try! It just won't be today, we have way too much wind today....

Yeah, I'm pretty lucky, I left right from my house...lol. Nope, no connection loss at all, and I landed with 18 percent battery left, and I think when I took off the battery was only at 98 percent. I had the obstacle avoidance on as well, and I think that if I would have turned that off, I can extend the range even further.
OA has no measurable effect upon range or battery life.

Not sure if it matters, but I've since done another flight that went one way 3.8 miles...this was with no camera recording (forgot to put the SD card in), not sure if that would effect battery life or not. Ended up landing with 7 percent left on the battery.

How do you know that?
For what it's worth, Autel's head engineer, when queried on that very subject by me, in an email, replied that OA has no measurable effect upon battery life. YMMV.

Not sure if it matters, but I've since done another flight that went one way 3.8 miles...this was with no camera recording (forgot to put the SD card in), not sure if that would effect battery life or not. Ended up landing with 7 percent left on the battery.

Unlikely that camera recording affects battery life either. Most important variables are wind and flight speed. Fly in 0 mph wind at 22mph using Smooth and 5 in the FPV settings for best distance and battery life. OA on and record 4K 60fps video as proof!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials