Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

My aeronaut-camcarbon props came in today.

Just finished balancing them using the Du-Bro's Tru-Spin Prop Balancer.
Both counter clockwise props were out a bit on one blade. Small sanding job on on those corrected that.
One clockwise prop was off on the hub so a small piece of tape took care of that.
Hopefully will get out soon to test them out. :)

064331FE-FE6C-4CD0-A039-685347A33501.jpeg

I bought a set 2 months ago from CD, and balanced them as well. They are excellent. Light and quiet, they perform very well. Looking forward to your review.
My only complaint is they are fragile in terms of shattering if you just nick lava gravel like I did on a landing. Master Airscrews work better for my environment...

You are welcome to my 3 leftovers!! :(

Funny I would not have thought they would be so fragile. I have run Maytec carbon fiber props on my Q500 for almost 3 years now. They have dug into gravel, snow banks and the side of my 14 foot aluminum boat without a scratch on them. Well perhaps the aeronaut are made out of a different material or just not as strong.
Thanks for the offer on the props but the shipping would kill me LOL

Just came back in from a -16 C degree flight :)
Fist off they are in my opinion a lot quieter than the Master AirScrew props. And second they do not have the zip that that Master Airscrew props have at vertical takeoff. Short flight but I like them. I would not want to stick my hand anywhere close to them when they are spinning as they are sharp as hell.
I went out knowing I had a cold battery. I see so many people still complaining about the cold battery warnings and having to keep acknowledging it on the screen. For me all I get is the warning once and after that just a small little message on the bottom of my tablet screen. Of course this is with the newest firmware 2.0.12

Reactions: Cider Boy
View attachment 1755

I bought a set 2 months ago from CD, and balanced them as well. They are excellent. Light and quiet, they perform very well. Looking forward to your review.
My only complaint is they are fragile in terms of shattering if you just nick lava gravel like I did on a landing. Master Airscrews work better for my environment...

You are welcome to my 3 leftovers!! :(
I will have them .. if you will send them to the UK !

Happy New Year.

Regards,

Cider Boy.

You need to check the prop size. There are two different ones. One is 9 inch and the other is 9.5 inch. I bought the 9.5 inch as I heard they are better.

Great Panorama! I found your post on the tutorial and I been trying with Microsoft ICE, but I just can't seem to get my photos to line up. I need a lot more practice it seems.

I started out with Microsoft Ice and hated it right from the start. Guess thats why its free. PanoramaStudio 2 Pro is what I use now. It has the option to use the Exif data to line the photos up and if your not perfect I think it compensates somehow. Its not free but if you know where to look it can be if you know what I mean.

Reactions: KentA and ForeBird
Funny I would not have thought they would be so fragile. I have run Maytec carbon fiber props on my Q500 for almost 3 years now. They have dug into gravel, snow banks and the side of my 14 foot aluminum boat without a scratch on them. Well perhaps the aeronaut are made out of a different material or just not as strong.
Thanks for the offer on the props but the shipping would kill me LOL
LOL. It could be because lava is so sharp, like glass?? A tip chipped badly on the 1st side-tip landing on gravel. I’ll bring them to California in two weeks anyway, they’re light!
Great pano. I love the dawn (or dusk?) lighting too — it makes it seem even colder, if that’s possible!

Agustine, I get the same warning at the bottom, but battery charge level seems to be ok, makes me keep a close eye on battery level during flight but haven’t had any issues, and it is small warning at bottom too...
Love the photo and excellent job

Just came back in from a -16 C degree flight :)spare batteries inside her sweater
Fist off they are in my opinion a lot quieter than the Master AirScrew props. And second they do not have the zip that that Master Airscrew props have at vertical takeoff. Short flight but I like them. I would not want to stick my hand anywhere close to them when they are spinning as they are sharp as hell.
I went out knowing I had a cold battery. I see so many people still complaining about the cold battery warnings and having to keep acknowledging it on the screen. For me all I get is the warning once and after that just a small little message on the bottom of my tablet screen. Of course this is with the newest firmware 2.0.12

Regarding the battery temp issue - What device and OS are you flying with? I initially used my iPhone but have subsequently have switched to an Android device. Since the switch, haven't been near cold weather (I live in No Calif and we don't have weather here). That being said, I have noticed functional differences between the way Starlink functions on the 2 systems.

When I went into the mountains to get some property shots, the warning was so intrusive, I would burn through 20% of a battery simply warming it up before the warning would go away. It got to the point that my spotter put spare batteries inside her sweater until I needed them.

Oh, to be a LiPo battery!

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I have a cheap Lenovo 7 inch Android tablet. It runs lollipop 5.1 I think. When ever I look to see if there is a update it always said it was up to date.
I get the big tab warning just as starlink App starts up and when I start the motors but clicking it away it never comes back. Other then the little box on the bottom of the screen which is no big deal.
Here is the screen recording of me sniffling in the cold lol
Its almost ten minutes of flying in the cold with only the one warning pop up. Thats all I ever get. And this time my battery was cold and never heated before flight.

I have a cheap Lenovo 7 inch Android tablet. It runs lollipop 5.1 I think. When ever I look to see if there is a update it always said it was up to date.
I get the big tab warning just as starlink App starts up and when I start the motors but clicking it away it never comes back. Other then the little box on the bottom of the screen which is no big deal.
Here is the screen recording of me sniffling in the cold lol
Its almost ten minutes of flying in the cold with only the one warning pop up. Thats all I ever get. And this time my battery was cold and never heated before flight.

Interesting. You are absolutely right about the notification. I could easily live with that. Like I said, haven't flown in cold weather since switching to an Android device. I guess I could pack a battery in ice to check my device (Nvidia Shield K1). You seem to simply "fly through it". Have you encountered any issues flying with a cold battery?

When I first got my X-Star last Jan. 2017 I had the battery drop from 38% to 3% but they replaced that battery and I have used it in cold weather since. I never let them get below 40% when its cold out. That gives me more then 10 minutes of flying time. That 10 minutes on that screen recorder video it still said 14 minutes and 66%. Good enough for me. :)

I installed a battery that had been in my living room to check voltage levels at my dining room table. Although it has been a constant 65F in the house, I got the "battery temperature low" banner across the bottom of the screen. That convinced me not to go outdoors where it was below 0.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marwan