Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano+ fell in the river & Recovered

Wghayek

Reaction score
Had an accident where I raised my Nano+, hit a tree branch and fell into the river. It was close to the shore, I raced over, walked to retrieve it. rear light was still blinking and the props rotating. One prop set was damaged. Picked it up, shook it off and rushed home to dry it off. I replaced the broken props. Used a hair dryer, placed the battery in a bowl of rice. Looking at the camera lens, it was obviously water logged seeing moisture on the inside of the lens. I placed it on my picnic table upside down with the direct rays of the sun hitting the camera lens. I have Autel Care and was arranging to return it. Two hours later, I installed a new battery, it took a while to connect, then it asked me to calibrate the IMU and Compass. It started fine, flew up the 300', took photos and they looked fine. For a sub 250gr drone, it can take a beating. Still undecided whether I should hold on to it and keep flying or return it for a replacement, as I don't know if there will be some type of erosion or malfunction down the road. Thoughts?

Reactions: aryehb
sorry to hear about your drone; based on what i saw, for sure that drone will prob suddenly die on you later this summer, you can keep it now and send it in later or send it in now.

Reactions: blackbeard11
Hi, from what I can see, you did the phone 'video' in Portrait mode ! you flew into a tree and it fell in the water, personally, I'd box it all up and send it back and call it a day.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SycamoreGroves