Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Moves around when hovering

AA-Dale

Reaction score
Hello All, Just got this last week and seemed like it didn't move around when hovering. But now it will move left or right 5 ft or so. Sometimes more. I have calibrated the compass several times to no avail. What to do next.

Thanks

Are you in GPS mode?
At what altitude is it moving around?
How many Satellites are locked on?
If it's low, the air could be disrupting it and moving it around. Get about 12-15 feet

Are you in GPS mode?
At what altitude is it moving around?
How many Satellites are locked on?
If it's low, the air could be disrupting it and moving it around. Get about 12-15 feet

Yes GPS mode
3-5 ft altitude
20 satellites
So they just won't be stable below 12- 15 ft?
This is my first one so I just don't know.
Will give this a try.
Thanks

2-5 feet and it will move some because of the airflow coming off the props. Many factors will make it move like how level the area under the bird is, the grass. Put it at 10-15 feet and see how stable it is.

IMG_0209.PNG
Yes GPS mode
3-5 ft altitude
20 satellites
So they just won't be stable below 12- 15 ft?
This is my first one so I just don't know.
Will give this a try.
Thanks

Mine wandered around by 2-3 ft. during its first flight but a tx calibration fixed it.....been rock steady since (8 months)...... even below 10 ft.
I would contact CS if it continues.

I do get some movement in a low hover, probably due to the air "bubble" created by the prop downwash. 6-8 feet is about my minimum before it will stay in place. I shot the avatar picture with it hovering at 8 feet.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Thanks guys, looks like I just can't cruise around close to ground. It's good over 10 ft so I'm not going to worry about it. Thanks again.

Here is a quick video of the X Star at less than a foot, hovering just about IN the grass. It moves ever so slightly. It's more the turbulence of the air from the props.

That is NOT Poo in the grass, just had the yard plugged and seeded.

Hover at 6-10 inches.mp4

The X-Star doesn't like to stay still :) You can try a compass calibration to be sure you are doing everything you can to insure smooth flights.
Close to any surfaces below it can cause movement from the rotor wash on the surface.

All Quads at LOW altitudes will move around due to the air turbulence they produce,

I was out this morning at sunrise, it was about 55 degrees and no wind. I put it up at 12 feet to hover while the battery warmed up and I was surprised at how solid the hover was. It was almost like it was glued there . I then took it up to 230 feet and took a picture of the sun over the Atlantic. Had forgotten to charge the controller and got the warning so that was it for the day. I have to say that I have had the machine for a month and could not be happier. Orbits like the book says it will and the clarity of the camera is amazing.

Attachments

• MAX_0001.JPG
    MAX_0001.JPG
    235.3 KB · Views: 13

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials