Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

motor cannot start occasionally

cakahashi

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got my evo a week ago (my first drone!) The only thing I tried so far is flying it very slowly indoor. The first time everything went very smoothly a few days ago. When I tried again last night, for some reasons the motor could not start, and occasionally I saw a message saying "gimbal not ready", but I can move gimbal up and down without any issue, and I can see camera's video as well.

Eventually I tried turning off avoidance, then the motor can be started sometimes. (not sure if they are related)

I think it is probably something I did wrong. May I ask if anyone has similar issues before?

Welcome to the forums.

The reason you are experiencing this is most likeky because you are trying to take off from a vibrating surface (like a bed). Changing the take off surface will resolve your issue.

Another way to make the motors turn on is by activating boat mode in the app.

When I first got my EVO I was having a problem similar to yours... the motors would only activate 50% of the time. It was user error as I wasn't giving the correct input to the sticks.

As Ansia mentioned, place the aircraft on a firm, flat surface in a safe flying environment. Next, press both sticks downward and inward for 1 full second. That should get the motors spinning.

Let us know if this solves it for you.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kestrel