Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nano+ does not move horizontally

kopanz

Reaction score
Today I received my brand new Autel Evo Nano+ Premium Bundle.
I'm pleased that its GPS is able to detect plenty of satellites in my city.
However it's only able to ascend/descend and yaw around most of the time.
The drone reacts to inputs from the right stick very occasionally and randomly.
Also it doesn't like to move when you are less than 4-5 meters above from the ground.
Whole horizontal movement experience is very random, it doesn't really feel like I'm in control.
Drone starts to move forward after 4-5 seconds when you move the stick forward,
you make it travel some distance, make some turns.
Then when you let go of the sticks it stops responding to horizontal movement inputs for a very long time.
I calibrated IMU and Compass. Tried to update the firmware but at first I couldn't download it, then the controller battery went below 50%.
However the drone should be able to fly normally out-of-box without any update.
Its gimbal dampeners are installed correctly so it's not a very early production model.
I'm using an Android phone and the Autel Sky App is the latest from the Play Store.

I dunno it's been a long time since I've flown Nano, could it be the obstacle avoidance giving you fits?

Even after disabling the obstacle avoidance it's not different, still doesn't move much.
Ok you may want to get the latest sw update; I believe I've heard of this problem before and it might be fixed by now. Try putting the drone in ludicrous/sport mode and see if it performs any better.

Ok, so after updating the firmware to V1.8.2 with the FW file I got directly from Autel Robotics my Nano+ is able to fly and navigate a lot more normally.
Problems I'm having yesterday was due to not able to disable obstacle avoidance due to a mismatch between App and FW versions.
Obstacle Avoidance is still very dumb but you are able to disable it and fly normally.

However my Nano+ maxes at 5.0m/s. It's stuck at smooth mode eventhough I'm changing modes in the app.
Regardless of the fly mode (Smooth, Standard, Ludicrous) it's always flying with speed & responsiveness limitations of the Smooth mode.
I'm going to contact with Autel about the issue.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Have you calibrated the remote? Its in the control section and not very obvious like the compass and IMU. The remote calibration makes you do full sweeps of the sticks and rocker dial.
Yes obstacle would hinder but still lets you move without issues side to side so i don't think that's your issue.

I think the speed issue (smooth mode type) is an issue with one of the last firmware updates. There are times I’m able to fly 22mph plus and then there are flights that it will max out at 10 or 11mph no matter what I do or what mode I put it in. It may not be happening to everyone but I know some people on here are experiencing it. I’ve had the Nano+ since it came out and I never had this issue until it randomly started up a few months ago. It’s frustrating and annoying because it’s like moving in slow motion.

I am having an issue - I’m locked at 5m/s forward speed no matter what I do! Up down turn is fast, but forward and reverse is a crawl. Any updates on this? Any insight? Thanks

I am having an issue - I’m locked at 5m/s forward speed no matter what I do! Up down turn is fast, but forward and reverse is a crawl. Any updates on this? Any insight? Thanks
Autel support would suggest you to check or replace your propellers. Also while you have this problem try to test your drone in an open field where there is no obstacles around.

I had that happen once... Get it down. Turn off pop out and put in the battery. Put back in restart the app and turn on. Do the controller calibration and might as well do the other three calibrations too (mcu and compass and gymbal)... Hover and test... Could have been the controller calibration out of wack or the gymbal wasn't doing its thing so it would not allow the bird to tilt forward...

Tip. If you need to fly faster against the wind- do it backwards as the gymbal can tilt more- trust me. You can test this in ludacris mode with video priority and speed priority.... The new speed priority in the firmware update works but not the best... Holding the wind in standard mode same thing and if its drifting, put the wind at its back..

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo