Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Modeling with E2 Enterprise?

goldenu2

Reaction score
While 90% of my work is mapping, we have a landmark we're unfortunately going to be bulldozing and I've been asked if there's a way to memorialize it in some way. I'd like to have more than just a few pictures, I'd like to do a full, and high-quality 3d map of the building. My problem is that I haven't found a good way to accomplish this: does anyone here have an idea of how to pull this off?

halzucati

Reaction score
Website
www.zucaticorp.com
While 90% of my work is mapping, we have a landmark we're unfortunately going to be bulldozing and I've been asked if there's a way to memorialize it in some way. I'd like to have more than just a few pictures, I'd like to do a full, and high-quality 3d map of the building. My problem is that I haven't found a good way to accomplish this: does anyone here have an idea of how to pull this off?
This comes to mind:

goldenu2

Reaction score

michael2002

Reaction score
Although Pix4D is much easier to use, I have found that agisoft metashape generally produces better and more detailed 3D models. But I think it is all personal preference.

jmason702

Reaction score
Here is a 3D model... is done with Drone Deploy... of my house

Attachments

• My House Model RTK.jpg
    My House Model RTK.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6

jmason702

Reaction score
I think DD does a great job if you fly the mission correctly... That goes with any software

michael2002

Reaction score
I think DD does a great job if you fly the mission correctly... That goes with any software
That is a pretty impressive model. What height did you fly and how many photos did you have? Was it nidir or oblique? How big was the dense cloud?

jmason702

Reaction score
Nadir and Oblique, I think the average was 90 ft AGL since the area was small

jmason702

Reaction score
If you want to go for incredible, Metashape also has flight planning capability to produce the finest model. Of course, currently you would need to use your DJI craft to fly it.

Do you know of any good online training courses for Metashape?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB799