Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Missions for Autel Nano and Lite

ssb73q

Reaction score
Hi, many times Autel support told me that there are no intentions on supporting Missions on the Sky app for the Nano and Lite drone. I am almost sure that Autel is reserving Missions for the EVO 3, when ever that may be. IMO Autel has their head up their a** for not offering Missions for their Nano and Lite drones. They could clearly differentiate themselves from DJI by offering Mission capability for the Nano and Lite drone. IMO Autel shows distain for their Nano and Lite owners by not offering a Mission capability.

I ask all Nano and Lite owners to email Autel asking them (demand) that they offer Missions capability for their Nano and Lite drones.

Regards,
Richard

Reactions: ADOC and THTNM
hi richard, there were alot of complaints about missions on the evo2 so it is possible autel is re-working it and will include the new missions in the evo3. makes sense to not launch the old missions in the current lineup but it would be nice to include the new missions in the old lineup (nano, lite). as you know the nano/lite do not use the autel explorer app but the new sky app so we don't know if missions is even possible.

i realize most new dji drones don't have the mission equivalent called waypoints. seems this has been omitted as standard from the current dji lineup although it is still offered in some form on aftermarket applications. i don't see it as a point of differentiation just because it is in one drone but not another. could be because no one really used it. if autel had hyperlapse and dji didn't, to me that a real point because people actually use it...alot. i like waypoints but i don't hugely miss it and i get the feeling most drone flyers don't either. seems like if you want it, you find a drone that has it or you get a drone that has an app for it. even on the two drones that i have it, i rarely use it. but im a recreational flyer....and nano/lite are recreational drones.

again, i get it and missions are great and i understand it's uses both commercial and recreational but i never find myself craving to setup a mission flight on my nano and i think that's what autel is thinking the same. perhaps something like keyframes on the skydio would be more appropriate. hth

This would be a good selling point as even the DJI Mini drones can fly missions with apps such as Drone Harmony (using the virtual sticks technique).... For me this is actually a big downer with the nano...

This would be a good selling point as even the DJI Mini drones can fly missions with apps such as Drone Harmony (using the virtual sticks technique).... For me this is actually a big downer with the nano...
isn't it starting at $50/month and android only? to be honest, i don't think a single person who buys the mini 1 knows they can use drone harmony to fly waypoints and would never buy a license for just that one drone. i disagree it's NOT a selling point, in fact, it's kinda a turn off for a "knock-off." there are no waypoints on the mini 3 (yet) and it's still selling like hotcakes which tells me mini flyers are ok without it. imo missions on a toy drone (for non-commercial use) is highly overrated. please help me understand more about dh, if there is something i missed. as you know, dh will never becomes compatible with an autel drone. btw, im saying this because i'm supporting autel decision not to spend time and money on this and focus elsewhere.

It is not just mapping, with a healthy functional API there is an entire downstream ecosystem that adds functionality to the product and inherently creates additional advertising exposure while effectively getting others to add utility to your product and all you have to do is put time into maintaining the API... DH wants to add Autel but from what they tell me Autel is a stone wall regarding 3rd party integrations., shame really. and DH is free for basic grid missions but pay for advanced mission planning so eve3n the Mini2 and Mini3 for sure will be used by more and more. I

Missions are a selling point for me... and I agree it is irrelevant for the mass audience. I do know in my profession that there are more and more people using the mini for basic mapping and 3D modelling since they don't have to register or bother with a test. Yes there are bigger and better drones out there but budgets are tight.

At this point I am forced to recommend DJI since non of them are interested in the chunky Evo 2 and the extra paperwork that comes with it. Giving the Nano and the Plus true waypoint functionality would at least make up partially for the other weaknesses...

Hi, IMO missions are more than just waypoints. The EVO ll polygon and rectangular mission capability is a gold standard for doing 2D&3D mapping using WebODM, or other mapping software. I think we would see more mapping activity if the Nano and Lite supported polygon and rectangular missions. Agreed that most will not see mission capability as an interesting initial feature, but just knowing it's there is a marketing positive.

Regards,
Richard

Reactions: DaCurcO
Very very few use Missions on a sub 249g drone. For one, there is no way that drone can complete missions in any kind of wind over 10 mph, and at 400' altitude, that is asking for flyaways from so many non experienced users that watch a YT video and go "let me do that"
My guess is the internal processing capability of Nano just isn't enough to add too many other cpu and processing firmware requirements other that what it has built in. I think the next step they get going is on tracking modes, but even then it's probably a waste since most will expect Skydio tracking from it and be disappointed when the drone cannot do the same.. then the complaints and YT reviews will pour it on... Nano vs Mini3 tracking... etc etc etc lol

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
I would be someone that would use missions for mapping on a sub 250g, it would make the platform much more useful and is not a difficult thing to add. Such a shame to have to get my old P3P out to do things a 2022 drone can't. I really would prefer to be flying my Nano+

Reactions: jcamevo and Temujin
Hi, many times Autel support told me that there are no intentions on supporting Missions on the Sky app for the Nano and Lite drone. I am almost sure that Autel is reserving Missions for the EVO 3, when ever that may be. IMO Autel has their head up their a** for not offering Missions for their Nano and Lite drones. They could clearly differentiate themselves from DJI by offering Mission capability for the Nano and Lite drone. IMO Autel shows distain for their Nano and Lite owners by not offering a Mission capability.

I ask all Nano and Lite owners to email Autel asking them (demand) that they offer Missions capability for their Nano and Lite drones.

Regards,
Richard
Totally agree, the code exists, just add it to the APP AUTEL !
We've already bought the drone, We are Not outlaying "$3000" for missions in another drone.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials