Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Micro USB port

Flyhi

Reaction score
Realized I put this original msg on the XS forum, should have been here on the XSP forum. Somewhere I read that this port on the XSP can be used to download flight data? Can't find in the manual how to do this, anyone know how? Thx

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Agustine, tried this out. Obviously doing something wrong. I am not computer wiz but can usually struggle through.
Downloaded the viewer file, unzipped,
Downloaded the "how to retrieve data" from xstar viewer to my PC:

I am using a Nvidia Shield to run my starlink app and it only has one micro usb port.

Q1. Is this for the xstar or xstar premium? Does not seem like there are enough cables to use all the connections required so am wondering if this is for the xstar which uses a wifi signal to connect to the app? rather than the micro usb for the premium.

Q2. When it says to connect to the front of the xstar I assume they are talking about the micro port on the body of the craft and not the one at the gimbal?

Q3. When I connect my controller to the Nvidia and go to advanced settings, I go to the "Read" button. At this point it says to connect to the craft. Not sure how this is meant to be done since I only have one cable.

I do find the xstar viewer, which brings up the map, activitiy screens but they have no data.
Thank you for any help you can provide.

Regards

You need to connect the cable from the X-star front mini USB port to your computer not your Nvidia Shield. When you hit read on the app you plug in the cable to your computer and it will take a little bit for your computer to mount the drive (SDcard) inside the x-Star. Once mounted copy and past the files to your computers hard drive so you can work with them at a later time.

Attachments

• DSC_2425.jpg
    DSC_2425.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 32
The new starlink beta app shows the flight features. I have the android app. Let me know if you need the new beta apk

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

I second the use of the beta app, it doesn't seem to bring in history other than new flights since you have started using the beta. You can sign up for the beta for free.

I have seen the icon on the controller but it is not high-lighted. I was hoping the release in March would activate this feature.

I second the use of the beta app, it doesn't seem to bring in history other than new flights since you have started using the beta. You can sign up for the beta for free.

Where can I sign up? Thx

Found and downloaded. Now if weather cooperates...

After I reviewed my beta download found that it is a version older than what is currently on autel's website.

Have you found a more recent beta version?

Got this from another autel forum site (BETA Android Application Code and LG Devices)

From the FaceBook post by the Autel person:

Hello, X-Star Owners, we are working to release a new version of the Android app soon. There will be some exciting features such as the ability to create waypoint on the ground. (Sorry, Yaw issue will need to be addressed via firmware, and we are working on it ! ). If you would like to try (or beta test  ) the app prior to the official release, you can do so by following below steps.

Disclaimer - Please note that this is a beta version of Android Starlink App which is still undergoing final testing before its official release. Any downloading or using of app is done at the user’s own will and risk and the user will be solely responsible for any issues that results from such activities.

Should you encounter any bugs, glitches, lack of functionality or other problems with the app, please let us know immediately by sending an email to: [email protected] and provide a detailed description of the issues and the model of the mobile device you are using. Your help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

To use the beta app,
First, use your mobile device to visit this link: Sign in - Google Accounts

Second, Login with your google playstore registered account, if you are not already logged in.

Third, Click the "Become a Tester".

Fourth, click the link - download the autel robotics starlinks app on google play. ( the link is normally sitting toward the bottom of the page )

Fifth - Click "Install" and you will get the download installed.

At any time, if you do not want to use the beta app, or want to revert back to the google play store app, you can search “autel starlink” in google playstore, and at the bottom of the “starlink” app page, click “LEAVE” to leave the beta test group. Then uninstall the beta app, and you will be able to re-install the playstore released app.

Reactions: brian bwin
Why is there a beta out for the android? Is the android platform that bad that it doesn't work? My IOS devices work perfectly, no issues.

Why is there a beta out for the android? Is the android platform that bad that it doesn't work? My IOS devices work perfectly, no issues.
Umm, it has nothing to do with Android per se, it's basically a preview of the upcoming version. You sound a little biased.

I believe this is an older version created in Oct. 2016. If you received your xsp after I believe Nov. 16, 2017 it came with the most recent version. The next release is scheduled for March 2017. If there is a beta version of the March release running around I would definitely be interested in trying it out.

I may have been a bit premature on my previous comment. In re-reading the information it said it may take several hours to receive the beta version. I had immediately opened starlink which happen to be my current version. Looking forward to getting the beta version to try out.

My apologies, I was in fact a little too impatient. Hit " Become a Tester" tab. Went to bed and next day (today) there it was. Updating the app was a little funky but I checked and I definitely have the beta version installed.Thx to jamieh for this info.

Reactions: jamieh

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials