Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Micro SD card reuse

jafemu1

Reaction score
Many smart people out there. Does anyone know how many times I can use, then reformat a micro SD card in my EVO and not get degredation in the data transferred? I have no idea.

Many smart people out there. Does anyone know how many times I can use, then reformat a micro SD card in my EVO and not get degredation in the data transferred? I have no idea.

I'm using microSD cards for several SBCs (Single board computers) with tasks from cloud management to mailserver to house automation. All of them on full sized operating systems which write/delete a lot. I have yet to see a card that dies before 2-3 years. My guess is that with a drone that writes way less you'd have several years more. On these i only use Sandisk cards. Can't say anything bad about Lexar too, but these are exclusively drone/camera for me. No special reason though. When my Sandisks die i will try Lexar for the computers too.

Reactions: jafemu1
Naturally, this may depend on the SD brand/type and the mechanical stress you
put on it but they are generally quite sturdy. Fortunately, if you buy from Amazon
the extended warranty coverage for 3 years is only $5 so sometimes I just tack it
on...otherwise I'd spend it on something even sillier like scratch/lotto tickets anyway.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Kelly