Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Many Retailers no longer carrying V1 Remote Controls

This addresses the forward compatibility of the V1 standard controller. Which I fully believe will not work with a V2 aircraft just like your stating.

But it does not speak to a v2 standard controller working with a v1 aircraft.

I'll be submitting a ticket with Autel today asking this direct question. I'll follow up when I receive a reply.
See advexure's response post #20. I'm not sure if this answers your question. But after all the reading I have done, it seems that there is no backward or forward compatibility between V1 or V2 chips as they must be paired. A V2 must be paired with a V2 and a V1 must be paired with a V1. These chips are not just new or different versions. The manufacturer is different. They are not made the same and cannot communicate with one another. V1 is Company A's proprietary manufacturing and V2 is Company B's proprietary manufacturing. They are totally unrelated chips. It's like putting an AMD chip in an Intel mother board and expecting it to work.. It can't be done.

I understand that they are different items, and fully understand that a v1 controller will not work on a V2 aircraft.
But no one has spoken directly to the backward compatibility of the V2 standard controller.

I understand the chip example as well.

I'm an avid radio guy , so depending on the mode these new dual band radios utilize, i can see it leading to incompatibility. However, if they do use the same mode, and the only difference is the additional frequency band like autel has said, backward compatibly should be a thing.

My support ticket has been submitted, so I'll be waiting for the word straight from the horses mouth.

Thanks for all the replies though, I'll keep everyone updated when I receive my response.

Reactions: advexure

Autel Smart Controller V2​

This version of the Smart Controller is NOT compatible with the EVO II V1 Aircraft

FROM DRONEWORKS SALES

There is no backwards compatibility of V2 Smart Controllers or V2 standard controllers with V1 systems. This is the case today, it's your guess and ours whether this could change in the future.

I understand that they are different items, and fully understand that a v1 controller will not work on a V2 aircraft.
But no one has spoken directly to the backward compatibility of the V2 standard controller.

I understand the chip example as well.

I'm an avid radio guy , so depending on the mode these new dual band radios utilize, i can see it leading to incompatibility. However, if they do use the same mode, and the only difference is the additional frequency band like autel has said, backward compatibly should be a thing.

My support ticket has been submitted, so I'll be waiting for the word straight from the horses mouth.

Thanks for all the replies though, I'll keep everyone updated when I receive my response.
unfortunately I think we are going to have to get used to idea that the major "communication" type devices (such as the controllers, standard/smart...and livedeck) are pieces of equipment that have to connect AND talk to the drone directly....the V2 (newest) version will not be certified to work with V1 (older) drone. it's not only about frequencies but also about successfully making the connection and processing the data with quality and consistency. sounds to me like it's just doesn't happen by magic and autel would have to make it happen....but they can't or won't. I realize a lot of people are hoping and praying that V2 smart controllers will talk back to V1 drone (honestly I don't think anyone really cares if a V2 standard controller will talk back to a V1 drone). when the V2 sc launches, until someone tries it out, I don't think everyone will be satisfied with "it won't work" or "you can't swap the chip." we can all wait and see and maybe there might be a "miracle."

The official word from Autel is in.

The no nonsense answer is, anything that sends or recieves radio signals will not be cross compatible.

Im on my phone at the moment, when I get home I'll post a screenshot of the reply to give myself the proper level of credibility.

Thanks again for all the replies.

The official word from Autel is in.

The no nonsense answer is, anything that sends or recieves radio signals will not be cross compatible.

Im on my phone at the moment, when I get home I'll post a screenshot of the reply to give myself the proper level of credibility.

Thanks again for all the replies.
we believe you.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials