Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Major change needed at Autel

More than a year ago I suggested that there be a joint letter sent by users to the owners/management of Autel on this issue but the response was total silence,

Seriously folks, its fine for individuals to have an individual whinge on an online channel but if you want to effect real change then collective action is critical.

Reactions: davorindd
Dear Autel

More specifically Maxwell Lee.

As a company and business owner, unfortunately one must take the good with the bad. As a great company owner and business, you look at the bad, develop positive solutions and institute changes to avoid the consistent or repetitive “bad”.

Autel really has a great line of drone products. I proudly own and support the product over any competitor. I have done so for the past year and a half. One thing that has remained during this time unfortunately, is an exceptionally poor customer service.

With an inability to provide any reasonable connection or response to customers, Autel is more detrimental to their growth and success, than any effort mounted by a competitor.

For the dynamics of success to be instituted properly, the ownership and management team must found sound principles on how they wish to provide their customers realistic service. It is quite apparent that Autel has no clearly defined foundation that would support further success of their business model.

From unanswered phone calls and unanswered messages to unanswered or unrealistically delayed email responses. This is the unfortunate mode of operation for Autel.

With one single person making every attempt at finding resolutions for the thousands of customers, there can only be a finite success ratio. Now that person has been driven out.

Autel ownership and senior management need to do better. Thousands of vendors and professionals use and rely on your products. Unfortunately they have and will experience the same poor quality of customer service until changes are made.

You can sell the best products on the planet but without stellar customer service and technical support to back them up, your products are no better than the next guy’s.

Hoping for a change.
Totally agree with you!
I've had the Evo 2 Pro for a year now and from day one I saw the potential that this drone has, but obviously there were some issues. In my case flickering and WB issues. Also tracking wasn't always right.
But also from day one I had a horrible experience with Autel, starting with the Amazon Autel store that promised to replace the drone if the issue was not fixed, then to stop completely responding to my e-mails..
Then with Autel support, telling me 3 or 4 times that the issue would be fixed in the next firmware updates, but that never happened. I called them, wrote to them, but nothing changed. I had to try to fix the issues myself, and with the help from a few guys from this forum, I think I managed to get some decent results.
But that is not why we paid 2 grand for this drone!
I love the drone, and even if it has issues, I think it's an amazing drone, but I am seriously considering going back to DJI just because of a ridiculous customer service and technical support.
I just hope that I could use the smart controller with some DJI drones because if that's the case I thInk I will definitely go back to DJI.
So let's see if anything changes otherwise I believe that a lot of us from here will stop buying Autel for the same reason.

I bought the pro 2 V1 6 months ago just to get away from DJI products. Sorry, Autel I have been waiting for over 2 months for an answer to a problem I have with my drone. NOTHING BUT CRICKETS.
I am going back to DJI reluctantly, but they at least stand behind what they sell.

Dear Autel

As a company and business owner, unfortunately one must take the good with the bad. As a great company owner and business, you look at the bad, develop positive solutions and institute changes to avoid the consistent or repetitive “bad”.

Autel really has a great line of drone products. I proudly own and support the product over any competitor. I have done so for the past year and a half. One thing that has remained during this time unfortunately, is an exceptionally poor customer service.

With an inability to provide any reasonable connection or response to customers, Autel is more detrimental to their growth and success, than any effort mounted by a competitor.

For the dynamics of success to be instituted properly, the ownership and management team must found sound principles on how they wish to provide their customers realistic service. It is quite apparent that Autel has no clearly defined foundation that would support further success of their business model.

From unanswered phone calls and unanswered messages to unanswered or unrealistically delayed email responses. This is the unfortunate mode of operation for Autel.

With one single person making every attempt at finding resolutions for the thousands of customers, there can only be a finite success ratio. Now that person has been driven out.

Autel ownership and senior management need to do better. Thousands of vendors and professionals use and rely on your products. Unfortunately they have and will experience the same poor quality of customer service until changes are made.

You can sell the best products on the planet but without stellar customer service and technical support to back them up, your products are no better than the next guy’s.

Hoping for a change.
Well said... in this case change is good and needed soon.

• Love
Reactions: Dsixty6
A. Autel Explores Unfortunately keeps crashing
B. Help to bind the drone to the remote.
C. With a Firmware designed to forcefully over ride all other firmware's
D. Autel Battery shows charging but never takes on the charge.

**--** The Firmware are so confusing that only a Drunk will understand, sadly I don't drink !
At this point I Can't do No Firmware or even Patch if the Remote and Drone don't Bind.

How the Hell Autel can keep bringing more newer un finished drones if you don't understand that you need to fix the Bugs on your Flagship EVO2 Pro 6K drone first and
only then you will be able to use the same fixed firmware for newer drones to " Shine "

Is it time to switch to DJI because of a lack of support?

Beware Buyers - Autel’s End of Life (EOL) Product Realities

Major change needed at Autel

Evo II Pro update killed a rotor on THREE units -- anyone else?

Remote control and aircraft disconnected (a lot)

**--** Its your wake up call to Rise, Shine and be Accountable ! !
Thank you for reading my message.

Best regards,
Ajay Madan

Attachments

• DON'T FORGET TO START OVER _1586344817938107114_n.jpg
    DON'T FORGET TO START OVER _1586344817938107114_n.jpg
    575.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Blank.jpg
    Blank.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 2
Autel is mainly based in China. The bread and butter of their business is Automotive Scan tools, TPMS sensors, etc. The drone business is an offshoot for them but for them to be based in the same city as DJI, it would be hard to imagine there aren’t some serious ties to the company. I agree they are dropping the ball on what could be a great thing. I love many things of my Nano+ and there are a few things that are almost there but they haven’t come through on it yet. Seems like they released a little too soon. I’m still optimistic but as time goes on I hope that doesn’t change. What I don’t want to see is the Autel Drone project becoming another 3DR type casualty. A company that had the right product and made all the wrong moves with it.

• Love
Reactions: Dsixty6
The question is, how much time we need to give Autel Customers Service knowing they have fooled and betrayed us, time after time.
A. 3 Months
B. 6 Months
C. 9 Months
D A year
or
E. A year and a half or two years ?

Not once have they said " Do not worry about your warranty as we will extend it with a " Smile " and a apology for unforgivable
customers support and customers should not be forced to pay for
any repair caused by Autel's stupidity and incompetence !

Firmware uploads that does not verify the host hardware before any software installation.

What a Mess they created, and now a cover-up !
You decide.

**--** In the mean time I have migrated to DJI's Flagship Air 2 S, a little " Beast "
Quality, sharpness and clarity is second best after Autel's Flagship EVO 2 Pro 6K.

While flying we the drone pilot are wearing 20 different hats and when the battery warning came up " RTH " it gave me ample
time to hit cancel RTH.
I was calm and no cause for panic.
* * With Autel it would suddenly shoot to wards the trees, I could not catch the very short warning notice !

I have two Autel EVO 2 Pro 6K Flagship drones that Autel has them for weeks and want to Hold me Hostage for $440 due to no fault of mine !
**--** Your firmware designers failed miserably to design Smart Firmware the will not load up on wrong devices with built-in Safety Checks !
The Firmware designer is another story for He or She failed to help support your " Flagship EVO 2 Pro " High time you please look into these issues.
Many customers are facing this Firmware issues due to wrong firmware being put right next to the right one. I was real careful downloading the software and both files (one that contaminated my controller and the new files after talking to Autel) are identical with the same name and size.
Loading the smart controller on the regular controller should not have been possible at all !
**--** I have never seen a situation where software can be loaded on the wrong hardware. A hardware check to assure compatibility is the first part of any software upgrade .
But....same programmers probably as for Autel Explorer, no practical thinking with safety protocols.
**--** Come to think of it, how can firmware update damage or break the main PC board on both my remotes, how ?
Sadly my both Autel EVO2 Pro got stunned with firmware and after sending them both to Autel:
Just got a message from Autel Invoice #D7176 : Order summary Labor × 1 2 hours $120.00 EVO II Aircraft - Bottom Shell Orange - Complete Assembly × 2 $50.00 EVO II RC - Mainboard PCB × 2 $270.00 Subtotal $440.00 Shipping $0.00 Total $440.00 USD

Something wrong here, the filthy games continue, cover up after cover up. Both my drones are like " New" without any damage other than just last firmware that stunned my drones, . The remote power refused to shut down, forcing me to open the remotes to disconnect the battery to save my remote battery !

Last edited:
Dear Autel

Hoping for a change.
100 % Agree!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonalsBerigon310