Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Remote control and aircraft disconnected (a lot)

manutter51

Reaction score
I've got an Evo II Pro 6k and I really like it, but I've been seeing a particular issue a lot more commonly than I'd like, and I'm wondering if it's just me or if a lot of Evo II Pro 6K owners are seeing the same thing.

The issue is that shortly after take-off, the app says "Remote control and aircraft disconnected." The first time this happened, I tried wiggling the control sticks and hoping for a reconnect, but instead the RTH function kicked in, and it flew back to the launch site. After it landed, I turned the drone off and back on again, and it still didn't reconnect. So I turned the controller off and back on again, and this time it reconnected.

Today I had a photography mission to fly, and I wanted to just take a quick camera test last night, so I launched the drone, and boom, same thing: shortly after takeoff, I got the "Disconnected" warning. This time I tried powering the controller off and back on again, and it worked--the drone reconnected as soon as the controller came back up again. By this time, the drone had shot up to its RTH altitude, and I had to hold the Cancel button to get back control of the drone again, but it worked, and I was able to fly and take my test shots.

So I went out today to fly my mission, and it happened again. This time I was quicker about immediately cycling the controller off and back on again, so even though I had to cancel out of RTH, I still got control back fairly quickly. (Also noticeably less of a panic/adrenaline rush this time!)

Anyway, it seems like it shouldn't do that, and I'm wondering if I have a bad controller or something? It's a new unit, I'm the first owner, not a smart controller or anything, just the regular controller that comes with the Rugged Bundle. Today was particularly nice flying weather, too: low Kp index, plenty of satellite coverage, no significant obstructions, etc. So I'm really surprised to be having this problem. And it only happens randomly--last night I was just flying in my own back yard, like I've done many times before with no issues. So, weird.

I had a similar problem with the controller disconnecting at short distance on my Evo II Pro v2 and contacted Autel support, who recommended a manual firmware (FW) update that fixed the problem. I had tried a manual FW update already, but only with FW downloaded from auteldrones.com. The difference was that the Autel support rep sent me a pdf file containing a FW update manual with instructions that point to firmware at autelrobotics.com, stating that this is the definitive source for the most current firmware releases. I've attached the pdf to this post below. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• EVO II Manual Firmware Update SA.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 166
Reactions: manutter51
I had a similar problem with the controller disconnecting at short distance on my Evo II Pro v2 and contacted Autel support, who recommended a manual firmware (FW) update that fixed the problem. I had tried a manual FW update already, but only with FW downloaded from auteldrones.com. The difference was that the Autel support rep sent me a pdf file containing a FW update manual with instructions that point to firmware at autelrobotics.com, stating that this is the definitive source for the most current firmware releases. I've attached the pdf to this post below. Hope this helps!
Oh, cool, thanks much, I'll check it out after work tonite.

I had the same issue with smart controller.

No one had answer.

Turned out I had wifi turned on.

With WiFi turned off and not connected to hotspot it never disconnects anymore.

Don’t know why that’s not a known issue.

I always used to connect smart controller to my hotspot to pull in the maps. I like to know what I’m flying over or near.

Well, it took me three tries to get a successful manual update, but I just took it out for a couple of flights, and so far so good. No trouble connecting or staying connected. Hopefully this will take care of it for good! Thanks again!

I've got an Evo II Pro 6k and I really like it, but I've been seeing a particular issue a lot more commonly than I'd like, and I'm wondering if it's just me or if a lot of Evo II Pro 6K owners are seeing the same thing.

The issue is that shortly after take-off, the app says "Remote control and aircraft disconnected." The first time this happened, I tried wiggling the control sticks and hoping for a reconnect, but instead the RTH function kicked in, and it flew back to the launch site. After it landed, I turned the drone off and back on again, and it still didn't reconnect. So I turned the controller off and back on again, and this time it reconnected.

Today I had a photography mission to fly, and I wanted to just take a quick camera test last night, so I launched the drone, and boom, same thing: shortly after takeoff, I got the "Disconnected" warning. This time I tried powering the controller off and back on again, and it worked--the drone reconnected as soon as the controller came back up again. By this time, the drone had shot up to its RTH altitude, and I had to hold the Cancel button to get back control of the drone again, but it worked, and I was able to fly and take my test shots.

So I went out today to fly my mission, and it happened again. This time I was quicker about immediately cycling the controller off and back on again, so even though I had to cancel out of RTH, I still got control back fairly quickly. (Also noticeably less of a panic/adrenaline rush this time!)

Anyway, it seems like it shouldn't do that, and I'm wondering if I have a bad controller or something? It's a new unit, I'm the first owner, not a smart controller or anything, just the regular controller that comes with the Rugged Bundle. Today was particularly nice flying weather, too: low Kp index, plenty of satellite coverage, no significant obstructions, etc. So I'm really surprised to be having this problem. And it only happens randomly--last night I was just flying in my own back yard, like I've done many times before with no issues. So, weird.
I have a new Nano +. Same issue as you have described but I did nt have the foresight to try to power off the RC and then back on to see if it would reconnect. Mine would not RTH. It just hovered where it was. Fortunately I could see it and the controls worked even though it said disconnected. While the controls worked, the screen was frozen with the last view b4 disconnecting.

I have a new Nano +. Same issue as you have described but I did nt have the foresight to try to power off the RC and then back on to see if it would reconnect. Mine would not RTH. It just hovered where it was. Fortunately I could see it and the controls worked even though it said disconnected. While the controls worked, the screen was frozen with the last view b4 disconnecting.
I had similar problem, and tried to change cable couple time but it still didn't work. Finally, I've changed SD card to a faster R/W one, now it works.

Anyway, it seems like it shouldn't do that, and I'm wondering if I have a bad controller or something? It's a new unit, I'm the first owner, not a smart controller or anything, just the regular controller that comes with the Rugged Bundle. Today was particularly nice flying weather, too: low Kp index, plenty of satellite coverage, no significant obstructions, etc. So I'm really surprised to be having this problem. And it only happens randomly--last night I was just fe
lying in my own back yard, like I've done many times before with no issues. So, weird.
It happen to me, I later realized it was likely due to phone tower near my home. I took drone out to location with no phone towers as close and had no problem.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials