Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

maiden flight

gasquetmike

Reaction score
Just did my first flight with my evo. A couple of questions. 1.when i went to down load the video i noticed 2 videos had been taken. I only flew 1 flight. when watching the downloaded videos the first one broke up and ended. the second one resumed where the first one ended. I didnt do anything to cause this? what do you think happened. i didnt notice anything strange while flying. 2. when checking my settings in explorer, i noticed next to compass the "calibrate' was high lighted in green, the normal next to it was not high lighted. does that mean the compass needed calibration?...Ill have to play with the video settings, it was very bright and washed out, and the head tracking while using vr goggles is very sensitive...

Reactions: Ansia
1. The SD card is formatted into Fat32, therefore the max size you can have is shy of 4Gb file. You can attach them in post later.

2. Don't calibrate unless the drone tells you to. You will get a prompt when you try to take off indicating it needs calibration in red.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
1. The SD card is formatted into Fat32, therefore the max size you can have is shy of 4Gb file. You can attach them in post later.

2. Don't calibrate unless the drone tells you to. You will get a prompt when you try to take off indicating it needs calibration in red.
But would that cause the video to "break up" like it had lost reception? and this wasnt a very long flight, probably 7 mins over all. just looked it was 3.5 gb. so will it do that everytime i fly a long flight? and if so how does it know to start recording again?...
I did a 2nd flight a few mins ago and it told me it need calibration. it accepted the horiz. cal fine but wouldnt except the one where you point the drone down, 5 times i tried. i finally turned it off and turned it back on and it was fine?

1) what do you mean break up? It is simply the same video divided in 2. When you stitch them together, you won't know the difference.

2) isn't the drone suppose to point up?

There is also the chance that you were in a magnetic interference area, therefore the calibration will fail.

1) what do you mean break up? It is simply the same video divided in 2. When you stitch them together, you won't know the difference.

2) isn't the drone suppose to point up?

There is also the chance that you were in a magnetic interference area, therefore the calibration will fail.
the video looked like it lost reception for a second, then came back on then ended, the 2nd video just came on with no issues, and ill have to check on the calibration, up or down...? just checked, you point it down..i did it right

the video looked like it lost reception for a second, then came back on then ended, the 2nd video just came on with no issues, and ill have to check on the calibration, up or down...? just checked, you point it down..i did it right
I see.

Format the sd card before taking off next time and try the calibration away from any metallic object.

just realized the break up was not the evo, it was my computers playback!...so that is a relief, but im still confused about the video ending? Did some research, i have never heard of video stopping and starting like that but its normal, never had a 4k camera before, guess thats the change...ahhh yes learning a new drone....feeling the "im a stupid idiot feeling again.....:(

Last edited:
Reactions: Ansia
yout realized the break up was not the evo, it was my computers playback!...so that is a relief, but im still confused about the video ending?
You mean the video split? Don't worry about it. This happens in all of my drones.

You mean the video split? Don't worry about it. This happens in all of my drones.
been flying a 1080p bebop2 for 2 years, 20 min videos...never had heard of this before today..

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben648691