Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Magnetic Interference & Gimbal Sensitivity issues after latest firmware update

SixStarsDrone

Reaction score
I just updated the firmware to Version 2.3.13 from 6/1/2022 and now I’m getting “Magnetic Interference” on the RC and “Compass Abnormality” on the explorer app. I had to update (4) batteries so I’ve gone through the firmware update process four times.

I’ve compared the firmware version table with the firmware for each component and they all match.

Another problem seems to be the Gimbal Sensitivity. I’ve had mine set at 75% which always me to film and adjust the gimbal smoothly. Now at 75% the gimbal is considerably faster than previously at 100%. I adjusted to 10% which seems to be close to the previous 75%.

Has anyone else encountered this with this firmware update?7E1008D0-8F93-4DB5-9F37-111798808A8F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ply17410
Yes, after updated today I also got the magnetic interference and compass abnormality, so after doing the compass calibration, gimbal calibration and compass everything backed to normal. I have an Enterprise and it is the same firmware.

Reactions: SixStarsDrone
Yes, after updated today I also got the magnetic interference and compass abnormality, so after doing the compass calibration, gimbal calibration and compass everything backed to normal. I have an Enterprise and it is the same firmware.

Thank you for this. I recalibrated the compass and it took care of the magnetic interference and compass abnormality.

I also recalibrated the gimbal, while the aircraft was on the floor, and it’s still extremely fast. I now have it adjusted to 5%. Did I miss a calibration?

I just updated the firmware to Version 2.3.13 from 6/1/2022 and now I’m getting “Magnetic Interference” on the RC and “Compass Abnormality” on the explorer app. I had to update (4) batteries so I’ve gone through the firmware update process four times.

I’ve compared the firmware version table with the firmware for each component and they all match.

Another problem seems to be the Gimbal Sensitivity. I’ve had mine set at 75% which always me to film and adjust the gimbal smoothly. Now at 75% the gimbal is considerably faster than previously at 100%. I adjusted to 10% which seems to be close to the previous 75%.

Has anyone else encountered this with this firmware update?View attachment 14300
Yes booth issues here, too. (EVO2 Enterprise Dual 640T)
The compass warning immediately vanished after calibration though.
I also had gimbal sensitivity set to 75% previously. Now I had to set it to 15% and still the starting and stopping seems "less cinematic" or rougher...

Yes booth issues here, too. (EVO2 Enterprise Dual 640T)
The compass warning immediately vanished after calibration though.
I also had gimbal sensitivity set to 75% previously. Now I had to set it to 15% and still the starting and stopping seems "less cinematic" or rougher...
Hopefully Autel realizes that there’s a problem with gimbal sensitivity and corrects it in the next firmware update.

Reactions: G_G
Same here and also I can no longer format my SD cards in the bird. How can I revert back to 2.3.8 which seemed fine?
I was wondering if you could simply revert back to 2.3.8. Do you still have that firmware version on your PC? I have it saved on my PC still because it was the first firmware update I did on mine.

I was wondering if you could simply revert back to 2.3.8. Do you still have that firmware version on your PC? I have it saved on my PC still because it was the first firmware update I did on mine.

I just got the EVO II recently and did the 2.3.8 update OTA which went fine. Funny thing is that when I do the reformat, it does clear the card of photos but gives the failed to format message which leads me to believe it might be the app.

I just got the EVO II recently and did the 2.3.8 update OTA which went fine. Funny thing is that when I do the reformat, it does clear the card of photos but gives the failed to format message which leads me to believe it might be the app.
I’ve tried several times to perform the firmware update via the explorer app and have never been successful. Firmware updates via micro sd card is not as cumbersome as I expected.

I’ve tried several times to perform the firmware update via the explorer app and have never been successful. Firmware updates via micro sd card is not as cumbersome as I expected.
Today came a new firmware 2.3.23 for V2 Standard RC with bug fixes for firmware 2.3.13. Tell friends who already put it?

Gimbal seems to be reverted to several versions back. Late last year or early 22, they slowed it way down, and everyone had to bump it up to 70+ or ot would be so slow you thought it was broken. They probably got new programmers who figured "let's reset the gimbal speed... it's too slow, lol. And around we go. These 2 FW updates are among the most difficult I have done, and I've been doing them for years. I also have a Stabdard controller thar wont pair now/mismatched FW. I got it to pair once after update, and have tried updating, but when it won't pair, it won't update. This is the way we did firmware 25 years ago. It's a joke. Literally every sequence differs from the previous time. And I have 6 batteries. Sigh.

Gimbal seems to be reverted to several versions back. Late last year or early 22, they slowed it way down, and everyone had to bump it up to 70+ or ot would be so slow you thought it was broken. They probably got new programmers who figured "let's reset the gimbal speed... it's too slow, lol. And around we go. These 2 FW updates are among the most difficult I have done, and I've been doing them for years. I also have a Stabdard controller thar wont pair now/mismatched FW. I got it to pair once after update, and have tried updating, but when it won't pair, it won't update. This is the way we did firmware 25 years ago. It's a joke. Literally every sequence differs from the previous time. And I have 6 batteries. Sigh.
For this reason, I rolled back to firmware 2.2.5., I consider it the most stable and without harmful improvements))

For this reason, I rolled back to firmware 2.2.5., I consider it the most stable and without harmful improvements))
Thanks for your confirmation. I have no need for 16x "Zoom" - it's technically NOT zoom, as theres is no "zoom" action whatsoever. It would be more correct to say 16x digital magnification. Does anyone have a link to the roll-back procedure? I seem to have misplaced it, something like putting a text file with one line in it in the root folder of SDcard?

Appreciate any help finding it.

Last edited:

Has anyone else encountered this with this firmware update?View attachment 14300
Very strange i have no issues i do not update, but i used following hack.

Yes I am having the exact same issue. No errors before and have (2) 640T's and after upgrading firmware to both they both have the same error. I am able to launch without issue but wonder why this wasnt tested before pushed out.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials