Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How Has Firmware Version 2.3.23 Been?

SixStarsDrone

Reaction score
Hello fellow EVO II Pro V2 owners. I’ve been MIA for the past few months working on some non-drone projects. My last Firmware update was 2.3.13 which everyone knows was a bit glitchy. Other than the couple of EVO II Pro owners who’ve had some problems after updating to 2.3.23, how has this firmware version been? Should I give it a try or roll back to the previous version?

I did install the 2.3.23 firmware but got some transmission issues and others issues as well with my Enterprise, so I downloaded the beta firmware and using it right now.. still have some issues with connection and SC freezes when recording.. I like Autel but sometimes it sucks so bad ! 🙄

Reactions: SixStarsDrone
My update to 2.3.23 went smoothly and I've noticed no issues. I did find that obstacle avoidance (OA) no longer turns off automatically and warns me its off when I select Ludicrous speed mode.. It seems to avoid obstacles in that scenario, slowing and eventually stopping when approaching an obstacle from any direction. But I've not yet tested at a full 45 mph to see if it brakes in time. And actually, that started happening with the update previous to 2.3.23 (I don't remember the version). In any case, I'd like to hear what others get when switching to Ludicrous mode with OA turned on. There's video of my test here: Autel Robotics EVO II Ludicrous Speed Mode and Obstacle Avoidance

My update to 2.3.23 went smoothly and I've noticed no issues. I did find that obstacle avoidance (OA) no longer turns off automatically and warns me its off when I select Ludicrous speed mode.. It seems to avoid obstacles in that scenario, slowing and eventually stopping when approaching an obstacle from any direction. But I've not yet tested at a full 45 mph to see if it brakes in time. And actually, that started happening with the update previous to 2.3.23 (I don't remember the version). In any case, I'd like to hear what others get when switching to Ludicrous mode with OA turned on. There's video of my test here: Autel Robotics EVO II Ludicrous Speed Mode and Obstacle
Are you using the SC or standard controller ? With the latest firmware I was having issues with connection and the smart controller screen freezes although I could control the drone but wasn’t able to record, take photos or touch anything on the SC screen. When it happened, I always had to reset the Autel Explorer.

Are you using the SC or standard controller ? With the latest firmware I was having issues with connection and the smart controller screen freezes although I could control the drone but wasn’t able to record, take photos or touch anything on the SC screen. When it happened, I always had to reset the Autel Explorer.
I'm using the standard controller. Everything seems to work fine.

Hi guys, Im using the SC and have 4 batteries, so the update was done - 4x, it is working well and iv'e no issues to report so far.

Hi guys, Im using the SC and have 4 batteries, so the update was done - 4x, it is working well and iv'e no issues to report so far.
Did you try hyperlapse and Oblique (in mission) every time that I try oblique, the App crashes. Also my smart controller sometimes freezes and not able to record or video.

Did you try hyperlapse and Oblique (in mission) every time that I try oblique, the App crashes. Also my smart controller sometimes freezes and not able to record or video.
I must admit I have not.
Will give that a crack tomorrow and come back, thanks for the info.

Reactions: edgardcafe
Will be nice to know on your side. thanks and Merry Christmas !
Heya.
Tried Hyperlapse, had no issues, but having said that we have had so much wind here its hard to get a decent long run.
Im going to try again soon.
Can you PM me the settings etc you had going on the day? I want to copy it as close as I can.

Heya.
Tried Hyperlapse, had no issues, but having said that we have had so much wind here its hard to get a decent long run.
Im going to try again soon.
Can you PM me the settings etc you had going on the day? I want to copy it as close as I can.
Thanks to let me know. I’m overseas now, and just got my mini 3 with me. Did you try Oblique ?

Thanks to let me know. I’m overseas now, and just got my mini 3 with me. Did you try Oblique ?
Sorry mate, the wind here is not being nice to us, massive southerlies keep coming.
We are moving around a bit, but I will be trying it.

I am back again on the official 2.3.23 FW from the beta FW 2.4.15.
Although the beta FW has a lot of nice new features, improvements and fixes, two "newly introduced" downsides made me return to the official FW:
1) timestamp.mrk files in the beta FW now only record the chosen view camera of the Dual 640T. So if you (have to) change the camera during a mission you don't know exactly which timestamp entries belong to which camera (position and time).
2) during waypoint missions the "manual heading mode" is not really available (switches to "route") what is disturbing i.e. for video recording missions.

They are working on ironing things out. So let's wait for the official version of the beta FW ...

Hello fellow EVO II Pro V2 owners. I’ve been MIA for the past few months working on some non-drone projects. My last Firmware update was 2.3.13 which everyone knows was a bit glitchy. Other than the couple of EVO II Pro owners who’ve had some problems after updating to 2.3.23, how has this firmware version been? Should I give it a try or roll back to the previous version?
Dont go to the latest that I can say for sure. See attachment APP version is V3.1.26 and others are listed in attachments.

Attachments

• 20230314_184506.jpg
    20230314_184506.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230314_184246.jpg
    20230314_184246.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230314_184233.jpg
    20230314_184233.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 8

Latest threads

Members online