Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Ludicrous Mode

bluesti

Reaction score
I'm the proud owner of my first drone, the Evo 2 and its great, although I've nothing to compare it with.
I set the mode to Ludicrous but it keeps defaulting back to standard mode and I can see anywhere to click yes to accept. Any ideas?

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
There are two ludicrous modes. You have to choose the speed.

Yes, when I go into settings and select LM, the options are, from memory 54 and 74. Either of the ones I select cannot be saved and it defaults back to standard mode or am I looking in the wrong area

Yes, when I go into settings and select LM, the options are, from memory 54 and 74. Either of the ones I select cannot be saved and it defaults back to standard mode or am I looking in the wrong area

Do you maybe have novice mode active?

I'm the proud owner of my first drone, the Evo 2 and its great, although I've nothing to compare it with.
I set the mode to Ludicrous but it keeps defaulting back to standard mode and I can see anywhere to click yes to accept. Any ideas?
Congratulations with your first drone, a good one to boot!

I'm experiencing the same with Ludicrous mode, it defaults back standard mode when powering back on.

Unless I’m missing something, I guess that’s how it’s suppose to be.

Did you get the 8k or 6k Pro? I purchased the 6k model, has its weaknesses for sure but overall it’s strengths overrule it’s short comings.

Congrats again
Paul

Congratulations with your first drone, a good one to boot!

I'm experiencing the same with Ludicrous mode, it defaults back standard mode when powering back on.

Unless I’m missing something, I guess that’s how it’s suppose to be.

Did you get the 8k or 6k Pro? I purchased the 6k model, has its weaknesses for sure but overall it’s strengths overrule it’s short comings.

Congrats again
Paul
Hello Paul

Yes, exactly the same problem. Hopefully we'll get a solution. I purchased the 8k and I'm thrilled with it.

I nearly lost it today. The battery warning came on and the drone was some way away and high up. It did what it supposed to do and levelled out, came down slowly, narrowly missing a car in the car park. Wasn't you in the red car was it? :)

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike
You guys mean after powering off the drone? It's the usual behaviour. Ludicrous mode has disadvantages. You have no collision avoidance when zipping around at this kind of speed. That's why it is good to have a reminder.

You guys mean after powering off the drone? It's the usual behaviour. Ludicrous mode has disadvantages. You have no collision avoidance when zipping around at this kind of speed. That's why it is good to have a reminder.
No, when I set Lm, and select top speed, when you try to save the settings, a warning message appears and there iare no options to save. Then you can't get out of, settings, so you have to back out, loosing your settings, so no flying in Lm

Hello Paul

Yes, exactly the same problem. Hopefully we'll get a solution. I purchased the 8k and I'm thrilled with it.

I nearly lost it today. The battery warning came on and the drone was some way away and high up. It did what it supposed to do and levelled out, came down slowly, narrowly missing a car in the car park. Wasn't you in the red car was it? :)

Hello bluesti,

I’ve been flying drones quite a while, the Evo 2 Pro is my first Autel. Between the two modes, Standard and Ludicrous I actually prefer Standard mode, increases flight time if I want to explore in a certain area. My hobby places me in areas exploring mountain terrain, hills or river areas.

Just did a google search with saving settings with the Autel Explorer app, I read some settings are saved but not switching to Ludicrous mode is one of them.

Ludicrous mode is fun, just remember it’ll consume battery shorting flight time.

Enjoy your Evo 2,
Paul

Hello bluesti,

I’ve been flying drones quite a while, the Evo 2 Pro is my first Autel. Between the two modes, Standard and Ludicrous I actually prefer Standard mode, increases flight time if I want to explore in a certain area. My hobby places me in areas exploring mountain terrain, hills or river areas.

Just did a google search with saving settings with the Autel Explorer app, I read some settings are saved but not switching to Ludicrous mode is one of them.

Ludicrous mode is fun, just remember it’ll consume battery shorting flight time.

Enjoy your Evo 2,
Paul
Thanks for you timely response Paul
John

No, when I set Lm, and select top speed, when you try to save the settings, a warning message appears and there iare no options to save. Then you can't get out of, settings, so you have to back out, loosing your settings, so no flying in Lm
I didn't see anyone mention this but was the drone powered on when you set it? The drone and the RC have to be on and connected to save it.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen