Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lost Pro Mode with firmware update

Michael O

Reaction score
Hi all,
I updated the firmware on my Lite+ last week with the latest update. I seem to now have lost pro mode? Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to go back to the previous firmware version? Thanks!
Mike

I thought the same after first couple flights with the drone after the update. Pro mode was gone from the app. Then I fumbled around while in air and found that if you back out of the sky app and then 'Start' the app again pro mode was displayed again. I was on a fishing trip over the weekend and got really annoyed when pro mode was "gone" just like that. Another bug that needs fixing. Later I did some campfire footage as night was falling and got pleasantly surprised how well the night and super night modes actually functioned (has nothing to do with pro mode) and that kind of calmed my anger over the pro mode BS.

I thought the same after first couple flights with the drone after the update. Pro mode was gone from the app. Then I fumbled around while in air and found that if you back out of the sky app and then 'Start' the app again pro mode was displayed again. I was on a fishing trip over the weekend and got really annoyed when pro mode was "gone" just like that. Another bug that needs fixing. Later I did some campfire footage as night was falling and got pleasantly surprised how well the night and super night modes actually functioned (has nothing to do with pro mode) and that kind of calmed my anger over the pro mode BS.
Thanks for the reply. Nice to know I’m not alone on this. So, by backing out of the app, do you mean shutting the app down while in the air and restarting? That won’t cause problems?

Yeah, I just backed out to the main screen that let shows the start button and then pushed on the start button... you should see the pro mode then. I think I had to do this twice on one occasion to get things going. You could also get out of the app altogether and then back in this only takes a second anyway. No it will not cause any problems. If the drone is in the air the app on your phone is just there to control all the features but you can fly without the phone by just controlling the drone with the remote alone if you know the moves to start and stop it.

Yeah, I just backed out to the main screen that let shows the start button and then pushed on the start button... you should see the pro mode then. I think I had to do this twice on one occasion to get things going. You could also get out of the app altogether and then back in this only takes a second anyway. No it will not cause any problems. If the drone is in the air the app on your phone is just there to control all the features but you can fly without the phone by just controlling the drone with the remote alone if you know the moves to start and stop it.
Ok, great. Thank you. I’ll try that…

How ridiculous! There’s no way that should be acceptable. Autel can never ever seem to get things right. I can’t believe people go out of their way to defend these guys. Sheez!

Lol, who says it's acceptable and who goes out of his way to defend Autel? We have this drone and are stuck with another annoying bug.

Hi,

I am also missing the Pro mode. I followed what @Borealis said, with the drone in the air, I went back to the start screen and even closed the app and reopened it, twice. It still isn't there.

I've attached my app and firmware version as well as a screen shot from a screen recording where you can see Pro mode is not under Night mode.

Any other suggestions on things I could try to get it back?

TIA!Screenshot_20220913-171619_AutelSky.jpgScreenshot_20220913-172153_Gallery.jpg

I just noticed that there is another firmware update we can download... hmmm I guess I try to find out what that one brings to the table before I'll go ahead with it.

I just noticed that there is another firmware update we can download... hmmm I guess I try to find out what that one brings to the table before I'll go ahead with it.

I was in contact with Autel Thursday and Friday. They told me they were working on a solution.

I was out flying Saturday and saw the update. I did the update on Sunday and it fixed my problem.

I don't see any patch notes for 1.4.65, just 1.4.64

Thanks! I just did the update and it just said Bug fixes etc. Looks like they dealt with some of our issues. I have to take it for a spin and see.

Reactions: House Forasken

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials