Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Local Drones operators ID

flyingfool

Reaction score
Anyone on here know how to find all the local registered drones in one's area?

Also i find it interesting that the Evo 1 isn't required to be registered on the FAA site...https://www.faadrone.org/required-drones

Why FAA bothered posting that list instead of saying all drones above 250 g must be registered?

I have no idea of what list you refer to, but in Dronezone it states it clearly that all drones from .55-55lbs must be registered.
Screenshot_20200520-194935.png

@flyingfool @Peter Goldwing That site you posted is not the "official" FAA site..sorry.

In the first para at the top of the page you posted though, it does say "if your drone weighs between 0.55lbs and 55lbs then the FAA requires immediate registry"

Official U.S. government sites will always end with .gov or .mil

For looking up traditional aircraft registration (N-numbers):

sUAS are not tracked as of yet under this system (14 CFR PART 47) unless they are

• for Unmanned Aircraft that weigh 55 pounds or more,
  • for sUA owned by a trustee under a trust agreement,
  • when the sUA owner uses a voting trust to meet U.S. Citizenship requirements
  • for sUA that need N-number registration to operate outside the U.S.,
  • when public recording is desired for a sUA's loan, lease, or ownership documents,
Also, see here: FAA Releases Drone Registration Location Data

At some point they (FAA) was compiling a list of 'hobbyist' registered sUAS in 2016, but I have seen nothing new of this since then.

Last edited:
ok, but i was curious how i can find active drones operations that are operating in my area. i saw a delivery drone fly by the other day and was curious about it's location and operation

Even if the drone has a N-number, if it doesn't have a transponder, it will not broadcast. ADS-B are required only in A-E Class Controlled Airspace (at least in the US)

it looked as if it might belong to a local Hospital, it was flying on a heading to and from there. it had a strobe on it, but i wasnt quick enough to pull my smart phone to check the local aircraft radar app

Could be a company like this operating with approval.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials