Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lite + Obstacle Avoidance too sensitive?

Duke56

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced the obstacle avoidance is too sensitive? During my maiden flight, which was 1 partial battery (Too cold and windy), it seemed to go off and then slow the drone down when there was nothing close to it. I finally shut the Obstacle Avoidance off midway thru the flight just to get a feel for the new drone.

Thoughts?

OA sensors limit the angle of attack at wich the drone can fly when they are engaged because of their vertical FOV.

In order for them to see forward the drone must fly more or less leveled, so if you are facing wind the drone will slow down so the OA sensors keep looking to the front instead of to the ground.

Notice how Air2S can fly at 54Km/h with OA active because of those upward facing sensors in the front, same for the Mavic 3 and it's fisheye OA sensors.

In strong wind you have to disable OA sensors if you want to fly in standard mode. You can also switch to sports mode, but sport is less efficient when facing the wind than normal mode, you'll drain the battery way quicker but you'll only go a little faster.

Direct sunlight or reflections can also affect OA sensors, but compared to the Air2S ones, which kept failing ffrom time to time, these are quite reliable.

This makes a lot of sense and explains why some have complained about poor strong wind performance

OA sensors limit the angle of attack at wich the drone can fly when they are engaged because of their vertical FOV.

In order for them to see forward the drone must fly more or less leveled, so if you are facing wind the drone will slow down so the OA sensors keep looking to the front instead of to the ground.

Notice how Air2S can fly at 54Km/h with OA active because of those upward facing sensors in the front, same for the Mavic 3 and it's fisheye OA sensors.

In strong wind you have to disable OA sensors if you want to fly in standard mode. You can also switch to sports mode, but sport is less efficient when facing the wind than normal mode, you'll drain the battery way quicker but you'll only go a little faster.

Direct sunlight or reflections can also affect OA sensors, but compared to the Air2S ones, which kept failing ffrom time to time, these are quite reliable.
It should not have to work that way. The drone should pitch when it is flying into wind allowing the wind to flow over the drone. Turning off the OA should not make to the drone move faster in the wind. This sounds like the issues we used to have with the original Mavic Pro's back in the days. Dji eventually fixed that.

I purchased the Evo Lite + and have been flying it and was wondering the same thing. I get a "bottom" warning and loud beeping until I get to about 50 feet AGL. This drives me crazy and was wondering if it could be adjusted without turning the obstacle avoidance completely off.

I purchased the Evo Lite + and have been flying it and was wondering the same thing. I get a "bottom" warning and loud beeping until I get to about 50 feet AGL. This drives me crazy and was wondering if it could be adjusted without turning the obstacle avoidance completely off.
Not worth keeping an Auto drone mate. I owned and sent back 2 Eco Lite+ and a Nano+. Besides the poor support, the failure in promised features - the drone was not ready for market. In 35km/h winds my Lute would only reach 15kmh in sport mode full forward.

i'm still waiting for mine to arrive, is it a [pia] to shut off the sensors?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58