Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Lens filters

I am using both Polarpro & Freewell without any doubt Freewell is more better as soon as you say glass look similar which mean you did not even make comparison between them , Just make weight comparison between them & you will know the difference. Polarpro ND 8 give little vignette & ND16 gives horrible vignette.

So you have the standard PP and standard FW for the X-Star?

My Freewell for the X-Star are not more better then my Polar Pro's for my Phantom, but in all fairness they are different filter designs. I have no noticeable vignetting from either set.

Chole...are you saying the Freewell weight less than the PolarPro?
And do you mean the PolarPro's give "Vignetting" and the Freewell do not?

Chole...are you saying the Freewell weight less than the PolarPro?
And do you mean the PolarPro's give "Vignetting" and the Freewell do not?
Yes exactly freewell ND filter weight 1.8 , Polarpro 2.88
With my previous experience with polarpro they give vignetting with freewell i haven't found any.

Last edited:
So you have the standard PP and standard FW for the X-Star?

My Freewell for the X-Star are not more better then my Polar Pro's for my Phantom, but in all fairness they are different filter designs. I have no noticeable vignetting from either set.
I have PP & FW for my Phantom , Freewell in terms of weight less compare with PP & well build , For XSTAR i bought FW quality is pretty good & when PP comes with their XSTAR filter they were at price USD 99.99 within week they drop to 69.99 & their weight is heavy as well , I am not sure what problem you got with putting ON & OFF for me they work pretty well , Maybe it could be one of the unit.

Making phantom filter comparison with xstar is also different as xstar filter is smaller compare to phantom

Well every gram counts so that eliminates polar Pros for me. I will do a bit more research before ordering from freewell. Thanks everyone for the input.

again i say how sad it is that when we buy a kit, we have no choice as to what we can get in the kit. I have no need for the UV filter so that's a waist Also i prefer the ND 8 and ND 16 plus would prefer CPL Filter in the kit but that's how they do it.

again i say how sad it is that when we buy a kit, we have no choice as to what we can get in the kit. I have no need for the UV filter so that's a waist Also i prefer the ND 8 and ND 16 plus would prefer CPL Filter in the kit but that's how they do it.
You are right but at present FW set more sense as PP set is USD 69 with just 3 ND no UV & no lens cleaner which is additional with FW on top of 3 ND they maybe useless for many

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials