Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Last Hawaiian XSP Drone Flight :(

HiloHawaiian

Reaction score
Last Hawaiian Drone Flight. AZ here I come.... Weather has been bad lately, heavy overcast, and volcanic fog. Only a couple of clear days this month! You can see how remote the lava area is, this is as close as I can fly w/o being arrested!

Before you leave can you drop me at one of those water falls :)
;) Take your pick, there are so many! The big one in the middle of this video is in the middle of nowhere. I always wanted to get closer., finally did.........but, I had to launch from an old Japanese sugar cane-worker graveyard I stumbled upon... :(

Soon you will be filming with a tan look instead of all that lush green.:D
:)
Yea, it's easier to have ocean, greenery & waterfalls. I fear cacti & rock will be harder to shoot -- I'll have to fly only near dawn & dusk for better light, and temperatures !

You've been sending us interesting Hawaiian "footage" so I wish you'd stay there. Rkyleh & others have the south-west covered, but if you insist on becoming HiloArizonian I may be forced to consider a Pacific Island vacation.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
TY, I have one more Hawaiian video that's video wallpaper for a restaurant here, but it's an hour, almost done... :) well I was born in Hawaii, as were my parents and grandparents, so it is my homeland (island?). It's changed so much, with the advent of industrialized tourism (that's ruining many fabulous places like Venice, Cinque Terra). A 3000 passenger cruise ship arrives, and the 45, 000 population of sleepy Hilo must suddenly deal with 100 buses everywhere, and 100's deafening helicopters flying everywhere. You can hear them underwater! Even w/o cruise ships, wide-body jet charters direct from Asia can easily overwhelm as island that has only 180,000 folks spread over 4000 sq mi. The "old hawaiian" charm is just gone. To quote the Dir. of Tourism in Italy: "If we don't place controls on the tourism industry, not one person will reside in Venice by 2030, because it has become unlivable..." I know EXACTLY what he means...

Reactions: KentA
Last Hawaiian Drone Flight. AZ here I come.... Weather has been bad lately, heavy overcast, and volcanic fog. Only a couple of clear days this month! You can see how remote the lava area is, this is as close as I can fly w/o being arrested!

Magnifique images de HAWAI, cela nous fait voyager merci !!

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Arizona is going to be a major change for someone spoiled by Hawaii. Deserts are typically filmed in close up since daytime desert views tend toward bleak. Noon light washes out color badly, but sunrise and sunset sky’s offer reds, purples and pinks (sun reflects off airborne dust which is omnipresent). There are no trees which added texture and contrast to your films, desert landscapes are low & brushy. . Arizona’s best spots are mountains areas, canyons, places like Sedona, & pinacle formations, similar to monument valley. ND & polarizing filter help. Looking forward to seeing your new work.

Arizona is going to be a major change for someone spoiled by Hawaii. Deserts are typically filmed in close up since daytime desert views tend toward bleak. Noon light washes out color badly, but sunrise and sunset sky’s offer reds, purples and pinks (sun reflects off airborne dust which is omnipresent). There are no trees which added texture and contrast to your films, desert landscapes are low & brushy. . Arizona’s best spots are mountains areas, canyons, places like Sedona, & pinacle formations, similar to monument valley. ND & polarizing filter help. Looking forward to seeing your new work.
Yea, I totally agree. I’ve been spoiled. Like Franlac, I lived in a very pretty area. The windward side of pacific islands are lush and green, b/c they get torrential rain (like the huge storm tomorrow!). The desert only comes alive visually at dawn and dusk — its completely light-driven. There are various hills and boulder-fields around northern Scottsdale, which are incredible, but trees, if you can call them trees, aren’t exactly picturesque. In fact, I see no reason to fly between 9am & 5pm! How soon before I fly into a giant cactus?? Only a matter of time, :)

:)I’m not there yet. I’m in Taxifornia for a few weeks to get the car I shipped, load it, tie a mattress to the roof, then 12hrs non-stop the land of no waterfalls... CactiHawaiian?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fischcrazy