Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just went 1.27 miles with these.

Haven't had time to get dbs installed, working 12s. Get off early tonight. Will be installed this Eve. Will post pictures and info on range. Should be upwards of 3 miles

I know next to nothing about signals and their patterns; but I'm guessing you have to at least be pointing the antennas or reflectors "at" the XSP to get the better range (or at least less video interference)?

So I'm also I'm guessing none of these mods help if you're standing under a couple very large trees (to shade the screen so you can at least see a *little* better) and the drone is behind you or to the right/left of you?

I'm not sure about the 4 total dvd's. I started with two and then added the other two later. And yes I always start in this field behind my house that is easily a mile long and face the X star the whole time. I also go close to 400 feet to try and keep a clean clear signal from the remote to the x star

Found this templet online, printed it, and put together to give my son for his DJI P3. I'm beginning to think this distance thing is a crap shoot anyway...depends on a lot of things.

IMAG1671[1].jpg IMAG1670[1].jpg

Last edited:
I get to 900 - 1000 feet and I can barely see the thing. I have no interest in flying mine out of sight range...

I did also see that template from Tom's tech time. He actually has a very good channel especially if you're flying a dji. Let us know how that template thing works

My son purchased the Maxx type extender for his DJI and is limited to about 3 miles because of his battery. Drone returns on its own when battery is about half spent. We fly in Utah. At our location it's about 5000 feet elevation. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not but the air is a bit thinner if that matters. Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it matters a lot. Thinner air the harder the quad has to work to get lift. Quad is working harder so your battery gets drained faster.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials