Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just wanted to share my headset setup :)

Eric Rosén

Reaction score
Got a cheap VR-Box headset thing for 10 euro and tore out the insides of it.
Extended the fram a few cm.
Stick in my phone and voila, no more sun in my eyes :)
Also made room for fingers to access screen while flying.

Super happy about it. Just gonna extend the screen a bit further to relieve eye strain when looking so close. It´s OK now, but would be even better with just two more centimeters forward.

Happy flying :)
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20190626_222950.jpg
    IMG_20190626_222950.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20190626_222956.jpg
    IMG_20190626_222956.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20190626_223027.jpg
    IMG_20190626_223027.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 40
Reactions: Madhungarian
Got a cheap VR-Box headset thing for 10 euro and tore out the insides of it.
Extended the fram a few cm.
Stick in my phone and voila, no more sun in my eyes :)
Also made room for fingers to access screen while flying.

Super happy about it. Just gonna extend the screen a bit further to relieve eye strain when looking so close. It´s OK now, but would be even better with just two more centimeters forward.

Happy flying :)
Cheers
FYI there are people on here that really do not care about your helpful advice but rather start pointing out things your doing wrong.
Good idea on the goggles, I am pretty sure you always have a spotter with you :rolleyes:.
Have a great day.

FYI there are people on here that really do not care about your helpful advice but rather start pointing out things your doing wrong.
Good idea on the goggles, I am pretty sure you always have a spotter with you :rolleyes:.
Have a great day.

As a community of drone fliers we at Autelpilots strongly encourage users to obey all federal and local laws and regulations when flying. If you find that you are offended by someone offering a suggestion to follow the rules set out by the FAA or any other countries government perhaps you should find someplace else to hang your hat. By suggesting that I do not care about our forum members you really do not know me.
Not knowing how he had it setup I was wondering if he could some how still have LOS so no I was not pointing out things he was doing wrong.

Reactions: Tufargon
I understand what you are trying to do as the sun on smart phones is terrible but how do you keep LOS with that gear on? Do you have a spotter?

I should definitely have a spotter when flying close to people. Now I´ve just been trying the drone out and mostly fly at remote areas empty of people etc. The headset i extremly lightweight so I can easily pop if of and spot the drone with my eyes, I find myself doing this quite a lot.

Cheers

Reactions: Jagerbomb52

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coastaldrone