Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Just got Evo 2 Back from Autel and won't connect to app

Bigdz

Reaction score
Today I got my Evo 2 Pro back from Autel. It was there for close to 6 weeks for a shell replacement. I tried to power it on and connect to my controller, but no luck. I tried to link it and still no luck. Is there something Im doing wrong. I guess it's going back. This is ridiculous! any suggestion would be great. Thanks!

Update: Looks like I had to activate the drone. It just took a handful of times (powering on and off) for the app to finally display the activation page.

Last edited:
Today I got my Evo 2 Pro back from Autel. It was there for close to 6 weeks for a shell replacement. I tried to power it on and connect to my controller, but no luck. I tried to link it and still no luck. Is there something Im doing wrong. I guess it's going back. This is ridiculous! any suggestion would be great. Thanks!

Update: Looks like I had to activate the drone. It just took a handful of times (powering on and off) for the app to finally display the activation page.
Glad it’s going now, last night before going to bed seen your post.

Originally, When I read your post last night. I was under the impression Evo 2 would not power on after pressing battery button, was this the case?

This morning, seen the update. So was it the app not connecting to Evo 2 and battery to Evo 2 was powered on?

Just curious, glad everything worked out. Keep us posted .
Paul

Reactions: PingSpike
Glad it’s going now, last night before going to bed seen your post.

Originally, When I read your post last night. I was under the impression Evo 2 would not power on after pressing battery button, was this the case?

This morning, seen the update. So was it the app not connecting to Evo 2 and battery to Evo 2 was powered on?

Just curious, glad everything worked out. Keep us posted .
Paul
It was weird. It wouldn't connect to the controller or the app. I knew from experience with other "Drones" it probably needed to be relinked to my controller. So, I did the linking procedure and it would still not connect. I was puzzled by this. I kept trying to relink and I finally got a connection. Then to be sure I powered it off and started it again, and it disconnected again..wt#... mind you I didn't get an activation pop up at all... Soooo... I turned it off and this time I removed my microsd card(don't ask me why I removed the sd card, just did...lol), repeated the link procedure and wouldn't you know... it connected and this time, I finally got the "Activation tab" pop up. So I activated it and all is right as rain. That's what I meant by weird. Trail and Error..I suppose.

Thanks Bigdz for the update, terrific news you got it figured out from trail and error.

I’m still on 2.5.12 firmware, and 1.8.13 app. Everything is working great, see the 2.5.18 firmware update but don’t have the guts to update to this most recent firmware. Plus, Haven‘t seen users talking about 2.5.18 lately if the bugs got worked out so I’ll play it safe and stick with 2.5.12 firmware.

Congratulations with getting the Evo2 back and it’s working again, enjoy your future flights!

Paul

Reactions: Bigdz

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman