Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

ISIS fighter killed by drone bomb he was operating after it ran low on battery and flew back

Ansia

Reaction score
You can tell that those terrorist pilots don't have a clue in how to operate a drone properly. They may know how to take off and go forward but beyond that... no clue in the maintenance department.

Reactions: Ansia
It was all planned.... The drone was built in the USA! :) We had to do something with all those bad XSP batteries. Lol

Reactions: DonJuan.
I am somewhat skeptical of this story. I've not heard of this nor have I seen it anywhere else. I can see that a story like this could be fabricated in order to begin garnering fear among all people that a hobbyist drone could be used as a dangerous weapon. The US government would love this kind of story going viral just for the sake of giving justification for tightening up all kinds of rules and regulations regarding hobby drones and model aircraft in general. There are already more restrictions and rules for flying a hobby drone than there are for owning high power firearms.

I enjoyed the story just because of the outcome. True or false I just enjoyed it lol.

I can also see why they wouldn't put it on the news. Don't wanna give idiots more ideas on how to do terrorist things.

I am somewhat skeptical of this story. I've not heard of this nor have I seen it anywhere else. I can see that a story like this could be fabricated in order to begin garnering fear among all people that a hobbyist drone could be used as a dangerous weapon. The US government would love this kind of story going viral just for the sake of giving justification for tightening up all kinds of rules and regulations regarding hobby drones and model aircraft in general. There are already more restrictions and rules for flying a hobby drone than there are for owning high power firearms.
It was ment to boost morale within allied troops. Their intention wasn't to create fear. There have been car bombs for decades and I don't see people running in fear of cars.

Reactions: Nightbat2
Indeed, drones have been used in several parts of the world to target things—and I’m not just talking about military drones. But the idea of using models as attack weapons goes back to at least the late 1960s, when ‘rebels’ used an explosives filled toy radio-controlled tank in an effort to assassinate the leader of a mythical country in a comedy starring Peter Sellers (I think)..

Indeed, drones have been used in several parts of the world to target things—and I’m not just talking about military drones. But the idea of using models as attack weapons goes back to at least the late 1960s, when ‘rebels’ used an explosives filled toy radio-controlled tank in an effort to assassinate the leader of a mythical country in a comedy starring Peter Sellers (I think)..
He he, I remember that movie, it was so funny, a little pin head country declared war on the US. Can't recall the title though. Guess my age is showing.....

Reactions: Nightbat2
If I remember my history, during WW2 the Japanese sent bombs to US mainline via ballons. Several reached the mainline but fell in uninhabited areas caused little or no damage. It was kinda hush hush at the time in fear of panic. The Japanese understood the jet steam at the time more than the US.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials