Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is this tha same Autel or are they different companies?

H8Dji

Reaction score
I just realized I own a Autel ODBII scanner and was wondering if it’s the same company that makes the drones? Autel Click link for Autel’s automotive site.
Any one know if they are one and the same? Or do they just share a common name?

Same company but different branch.
Autel Robotics was established in 2014 as a subsidiary of Autel Intelligent with a goal to design professional aerial imaging UAVs. Founded in 2004, Autel Intelligent Corp., Ltd. is based in Shenzhen, China. It is a high-tech company specialized in the research, manufacture and distribution of consumer UAVs as well as automotive diagnostic tools. Autel has more than 1,000 employees across offices in Asia, the Americas, and Europe, with more than half of their staff in R&D. Autel Intelligent Corp., Ltd. was valued at more than 600 million USD by major venture capital firms in 2015.

I own an Autel ML629 scanner. Ufortunately, the last update they had was in 2017. Now I can not use the scanner to it's full abilities on my new 2021 vehicle. There website and customer service sucks. Dead links in website and wrong links to download software. Lack of support that in reality should be a relatively easy task to update vehicle database.

I'm in the market for a new drone and I am seriously considering the negative experience I had with my Autel vehicle scanner. Considering Autel drones, but I am not sure if the support will be there.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen