Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Is the evo hype gone?

Today, I flew the property lines of 154 acres for a friend. He bought the video cards and kept them once I was through flying so I have no video to show but both him and myself was very impressed with the video quality of the Evo and the X-Star Premium! The sky was overcast and I was shooting in Auto 4k at 30 fps on the Evo and 4k and Auto on the XSP. The difference I seen was the curved horizon with the XSP. Not a penny's worth of difference between the two with the settings mentioned. No filters were used. Flying at a height of around 350ft, you can see great detail. Everything is crystal clear! We were viewing the videos on the new Dell high res monitor.
I don't have a computer that will play 4k video but I'm about to get one.

Reactions: Ansia
Today, I flew the property lines of 154 acres for a friend. He bought the video cards and kept them once I was through flying so I have no video to show but both him and myself was very impressed with the video quality of the Evo and the X-Star Premium! The sky was overcast and I was shooting in Auto 4k at 30 fps on the Evo and 4k and Auto on the XSP. The difference I seen was the curved horizon with the XSP. Not a penny's worth of difference between the two with the settings mentioned. No filters were used. Flying at a height of around 350ft, you can see great detail. Everything is crystal clear! We were viewing the videos on the new Dell high res monitor.
I don't have a computer that will play 4k video but I'm about to get one.
Can you post video o photos of the 2?

Evo definately displays improved video compared to XSP. Details in shadows and clouds are where the dynamic range differences are most easily seen.

As far as the Evo hype, it really died down once the M2P/Z were released. As good as the Evo is, it's not enough to convert the masses. It's about the same price as MA, with a better cam/range/flight time/controller, and yet the MA continues to be popular. M2's are more expensive, and aside from geofencing they are superior in performance.

AR needs to put more resources into the Explorer App. It's great, but people like the bells and whistles that competitors offer.

Evo definately displays improved video compared to XSP. Details in shadows and clouds are where the dynamic range differences are most easily seen.

As far as the Evo hype, it really died down once the M2P/Z were released. As good as the Evo is, it's not enough to convert the masses. It's about the same price as MA, with a better cam/range/flight time/controller, and yet the MA continues to be popular. M2's are more expensive, and aside from geofencing they are superior in performance.

AR needs to put more resources into the Explorer App. It's great, but people like the bells and whistles that competitors offer.
I do agree on the bells and whistles of dji product is a big chunk on what makes them great. I wish Autel would release their SDK already. As for camera hardware, In my opinion, the Evo is superior to both MP and M2Z. I know it can never compete with the M2P.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vagabond

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d